Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

Wolfninjajedi
11.23.2012 , 03:26 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Let's compare Revan with Mace Windu, then we can make our predictions.

Mace Windu:
Second-best Lightsaber duelist in the Jedi Order, second only to Yoda. Mastered all seven forms and created Vaapad. Bested Darth Sidious in a Lightsaber duel. Mace Windu is a strong candidate for Top 5 Duelists.
Shatterpoint
Force Crush
Force Choke
One of the most powerful Jedi of his time. Mace Windu is one of the few members of his Order that can stand amongst the Jedi of the New Jedi Order.

Revan:
Second-best Lightsaber duelist of his time, with great skill with the Lightsaber.
One of the most powerful Force-users of his time. He has some tough competition with Surik, Kun, Traya, Nihilus and others.
Tutaminis
Exotic powers
Some Dark Side abilities, but mainly uses Jedi powers.

Overall, we could say that they are equivalent in status for their times. Not equivalent in skill or power, but in where they stand for their time. This type of comparison shows that Luke and Yoda are of comparable status as they are both Grandmasters of their Orders, but Luke is the better Jedi.

Victory points to Mace Windu on this one.
Should also include feats for the characters, thats the real meat in figuring out who would in in a fight basing off what they have done and everything.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Airmo
11.23.2012 , 03:34 PM | #172
Revan:
Second-best Lightsaber duelist of his time, with great skill with the Lightsaber.
Second best? Out of curiosity who's the best?
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Aurbere
11.23.2012 , 03:37 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Should also include feats for the characters, thats the real meat in figuring out who would in in a fight basing off what they have done and everything.
I'm sure it would, but even then I don't see the outcome changing. But if I must.

Mace Windu:
Defeated Count Dooku in battle
Defeated Darth Sidious in a duel
Killed Jango Fett
Secured multiple victories during the Clone Wars
Defeated Asajj Ventress with relative ease
Defeated General Grievous

Revan:
Led the Republic to victory during the Mandalorian Wars
Defeated Mandalore
Waged War against the Republic after bringing in several key Republic military leaders
Located the Star Forge
Defeated Darth Malak with the aid of Bastila's Battle Meditation
Defeated countless Sith lords and Acolytes
Defeated Darth Nyriss
Survived an encounter with the Sith Emperor

While Revan has larger achievements, the feats that Mace Windu accomplished are greater and come into play in a much greater way in a battle between the two.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
11.23.2012 , 03:38 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
Second best? Out of curiosity who's the best?
Exar Kun. And if you don't include him in there then Revan is the only other one I can think of. But Kavar and Sion make a good play for it.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Airmo
11.23.2012 , 03:41 PM | #175
Exar Kun. And if you don't include him in there then Revan is the only other one I can think of. But Kavar and Sion make a good play for it.
Ahh ok forgot about him.

Revan:
Defeated Darth Malak with the aid of Bastila's Battle Meditation
Wait wha- how do you know he was aided by Bastila's Battle Meditation? I thought she was too busy concentrating on the fleet?
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Aurbere
11.23.2012 , 03:45 PM | #176
Ahh ok forgot about him.

Wait wha- how do you know he was aided by Bastila's Battle Meditation? I thought she was too busy concentrating on the fleet?
Bastila's Battle Meditation did affect Revan as he was an ally. What a user Battle Meditation does is reach out to all allies and affects their minds. Boosting Morale, and fighting abilities. It can also weaken the morale of enemies and degrade their fighting skills. Bastila's Battle Meditation effectively leveled the playing field betwen Revan and Malak. Despite Malak's use of the dead Jedi, Bastila's Battle Meditation turned Revan into a machine, supplying him with the will to fight on.

Edit: Plus Bastila would probably want to do what she can to help the man she just confessed her love to.

Swarlesx
11.23.2012 , 03:45 PM | #177
Ahh ok forgot about him.

I believe that Bastila's battle meditation was only helping the fleet. Besides Malek was feeding off the force of numerous Jedi so it would even it out even if he was being affected by battle meditation.

Airmo
11.23.2012 , 03:57 PM | #178
Bastila's Battle Meditation did affect Revan as he was an ally. What a user Battle Meditation does is reach out to all allies and affects their minds. Boosting Morale, and fighting abilities. It can also weaken the morale of enemies and degrade their fighting skills. Bastila's Battle Meditation effectively leveled the playing field betwen Revan and Malak. Despite Malak's use of the dead Jedi, Bastila's Battle Meditation turned Revan into a machine, supplying him with the will to fight on.

Edit: Plus Bastila would probably want to do what she can to help the man she just confessed her love to.
It sounds plausible, doesn't mean it's true. =/

Swarlesx
11.23.2012 , 04:01 PM | #179
I don't believe it is said anywhere that Revan was affected by battle meditation. You have to remember that Bastila had not yet mastered it and could probably not aid both the fleet and Revan at the same time.

MasterMe
11.23.2012 , 04:03 PM | #180
Ahh ok forgot about him.

I think that's one of the things that we don't know FOR SURE.

Regardless, Bastila's battle meditation doesn't FULLY counter the fact that Malak had like 8 extra lives (due to his captives). For argument's sake, we'll say Revan destroyed 2 of Malak's "lives" and Bastila's battle meditation essiantially countered 3. Even then, it is a tuff battle for Revan.