Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

Emperor_Kakashi
11.20.2012 , 06:40 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Urtani View Post
Luke saw young Aniken (or however you spell that emo's name) Skywalker, Han didn't shoot first and had super duper fast reflexes, Darth Vader screams NOOOOOOOooOOOoOOO for some reason. etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1-4U6GXPnc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKEX6QJ-zlQ

Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Exar Kun, he never truly lost a duel in his life(maybe to master Ood?), his spirit took an entire Jedi army to imprison, and he even severed Luke's soul off.
I would probably argue that he lost the initial duel with Baas, considering had the match been to the death, he would've died.

Slowpokeking
11.20.2012 , 07:37 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Emperor_Kakashi View Post
I would probably argue that he lost the initial duel with Baas, considering had the match been to the death, he would've died.
Yeah, but overall he rarely loses, even Master Ood didn't win in with superior lightsaber skill.

Emperor_Kakashi
11.20.2012 , 08:15 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Yeah, but overall he rarely loses, even Master Ood didn't win in with superior lightsaber skill.
Don't really think you can class that as a win, or at least a real show of skill and power.

This and this.

mefit
11.20.2012 , 11:02 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
How could they ruin someone who didn't even have a face up till now? Things don't go always what someone plans out to take place, but you should blame the Revan fans for that because they just don't wanna see him die. I mean he died in Beta, yet people QQ enough cause he died and now he just disappears in a flash of bright light.

I take the lore seriously sure, but that doesn't mean I agree with everything about it.
Wolf I am not attacking your Post but I am gonna try to add perspective.
Note : It wouldn't have bothered me if Revan Died in the Novel or in Foundry , Personally I feel not all deaths have to be Totally Awesome Epic Goddly Deaths.
I could be wrong and if I am than it shows I am not a Real Revan Fanboy , but if I am correct ........well have at it .

Didn't Boware's Drew create Revan for the story of KotoR ?
Didn't KotoR 2 boost Revan's story further making him more than what we were left with in KotoR 1 ?

So my feeling is maybe that being Bioware kinda fathered (or mothered if you perfer ) Revan . So that might have something to play in it .

Another thing , Mara Jade Fanbase QQed/sent death threats to the writer but thats ok with you ?
(Karen Traviss might be a horrible writer but she is REAL and Human, Mara Jade is fantasy , I think it was extreme for Karen or anyone to get threats on their lives over something that is madeup and holds no water in reality . If Karen was out of order or wrong in what she did , they would have took her books off the shelves and went on to do more Mara Jade books like she never died . The Fact is it doesn't matter whos idea it was to kill her , the top people said do it . Definitly not worth threatening the life of a REAL PERSON over )|

Chewy , same as above . I mean death threats to writers who are paid to do a Job and OKed by the chain of Command to do it .
Lets not forget Boba Fett , dude really ????
How bought the Exile ? (Althiought to be honest I did not read about death threats over this one but the QQ was there)

I think if those are allowed QQs , I think people have the right to QQ about Revan as well . By the way , no Death threats were writen in the cause of his death .
I am sure there was Rage and Spam though if I remember correctly , but no death threats .

So really in the end , I would not care where he died but I am a believer that all the names above died Epic atleast to me .
Exile , being able to see what happens before hand doesn't always save peoples lives , if it did she would have not used the weapon that caused her to feel the pain of all those who died because of her Command . She would have also known that Keira had plans from the get go as well .
Exile died saving her friend which makes her a hero and keeps to her ultimate Characteristic , LOYALTY .

I want to believe Revan died at the Foundry , so what............He EPICLY QUOTED his friend Malek , and to be honest it was EPIC in my mind !
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

mefit
11.20.2012 , 11:12 PM | #105
Don't really think you can class that as a win, or at least a real show of skill and power.

This and this.
You either win or lose , no inbetween . Sour Losers always try to downplay their loss and when they win they would not want the loser doing that too them .
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

Slowpokeking
11.21.2012 , 10:03 PM | #106

This and this.
If it's a battle to death, Kun would still win since he just had to stay away and launch force attacks from distance. But the time was limited.

SoonerJBD
11.22.2012 , 01:09 AM | #107
My opinion is canon.... WHARGAARBL!!!

Pointless.

Rayla_Felana
11.22.2012 , 03:54 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
My opinion is canon.... WHARGAARBL!!!

Pointless.
As is your post.

Exar Kun only lost a duel to his master whilst he was a Padawan, he then beat him immediately after when he wielded a second blade in his preferred Jar'Kai stance, he then proceeded to self-proclam the title of Jedi Knight.

SoonerJBD
11.22.2012 , 04:48 AM | #109
Actually, I had a quite valid point. Mainly that this statement is nonsense.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
That's even more misinformation: Exar Kun, the Exile, Vitiate, Nomi Sunrider, Darth Nihilus and Darth Sion were all canonically more powerful than he was, match their ACTUAL abilities and not hyperbole, you'll see how flawed such statements are.
Nowhere in the canon does it say that any of these people are more powerful than Revan. It just doesn't. This is your opinion. You can use facts from canon to support this opinion. There are also facts from canon that suggest this opinion is absolutely ridiculous.

The reality is that no one put Revan at the top on this list. You and a couple of other self- appointed anti-Revan Gestapo brow beat anyone who suggests Revan is anything more than an above average Jedi on a regular basis despite a complete lack of canon to support your opinion. Is he one of the 10 most powerful.... I don't know. I tend to put later Jedi and Sith ahead because they became wildly overpowered in the books. And we routinely get planet-eating and destroying Sith because OP Sith make the best characters. So probably nine of these are Sith. But your constant suggestion that anyone who appears even tangentially in any books or comics or even the KOTOR games themselves are all more powerful than he is "canonically" is flat wrong and more than a little egomaniacal.

Rayla_Felana
11.22.2012 , 04:53 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Actually, I had a quite valid point. Mainly that this statement is nonsense.

Nowhere in the canon does it say that any of these people are more powerful than Revan. It just doesn't. This is your opinion. You can use facts from canon to support this opinion. There are also facts from canon that suggest this opinion is absolutely ridiculous.

The reality is that no one put Revan at the top on this list. You and a couple of other self- appointed anti-Revan Gestapo brow beat anyone who suggests Revan is anything more than an above average Jedi on a regular basis despite a complete lack of canon to support your opinion. Is he one of the 10 most powerful.... I don't know. I tend to put later Jedi and Sith ahead because they became wildly overpowered in the books. And we routinely get planet-eating and destroying Sith because OP Sith make the best characters. So probably nine of these are Sith. But your constant suggestion that anyone who appears even tangentially in any books or comics or even the KOTOR games themselves are all more powerful than he is "canonically" is flat wrong and more than a little egomaniacal.
Nowhere did any of us state that canonically any of those fought and beat Revan.

We are stating that the canon abilities these persons have immediately put them over Revan due to the sheer amount of an advantage they have over his currently designated abilities.

Just because you fail to comprehend how we compare these people doesn't mean you can throw a stromp in my thread and claim it's 'egomaniacal'.