Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phases for World Bosses?

mikebevo
02.21.2013 , 02:04 PM | #11
My fun is more important than your fun. Sorry that is a lot what this thread sounds like.

Now in the case where a group was setting up to pull and a 50 pulled first that is low, but if a group is there first, then it is their boss to pull. Open world World Bosses are just that open world, part of the achievement in killing them is dealing with elements beyond your control. Are they up? Is someone else going to pull? Will an opposing fraction be there and attempt to flag your group from the AoE exploit?

Recently my guild got a group together to kill Dread Tooth, flagged imps ran into the AoE of one of our commandos, this quickly got the healers flagged. We spent the rest of the fight dealing with the imps shooting and pulling our healers away from Boss. I was one of the healers and I am far from moaning about it, it was great fun and the most memorable world boss fight I have ever participated in. We killed Dreadtooth and got the Codex, but I died shortly after the boss died and was unable to loot.

You want to moan about 50ís soloing lower level World Bosses? Then get lower level toon to stop going to Voss and pulling Nightmare Pilgrim and stop asking 50ís to come kill world bosses with you. My sawbones was on Coruscant for the Gree event, I must have gotten invited and whispered to like 10 times in 10 mins to help them kill the world boss. Worse thing about it, I did help them (heal only no dps).

anthemambient
02.22.2013 , 02:37 PM | #12
I frequently farm the World Boss in Taris when I'm tired of running HMs/Ops. Ninety-nine percent of the time I announce in /1 chat that the WB is up and I would join an Ops group once someone starts it [ I no longer start Ops group because it's too stressful to keep everyone in check as to not attack WB while others are not here yet ] as a healer. I wait couple of minutes and if there are no responses, which surprisingly has happened before, I solo it. If there's another instance, I announce it again and apply the same measures.

If BW does nothing to resolve the issue with 50s taking on WBs, then I suppose what I'm doing is a good method to ensure fairness. Then again, it all depends on the person playing.
Romans 12:21 .. exception to this is my Sage.

Ziso
02.23.2013 , 01:27 PM | #13
I would like to see them instanced. Giving players on planets the chance to group up and also letting guilds have World Boss events. It can be a pain when you plan a world boss run, get members to sign up then go to the planet and its not there, and you have no idea when its going to respawn. Instances will solve that issue for us

Koyaanisqat
02.24.2013 , 03:10 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
BW has done nothing to prevent people from ruining someone else's fun regarding World Bosses. They didn't do anything for Nightmare Pilgrim, they certainly didn't do anything for the Gree event ones, they won't do anything for the "lowbie" WBs
Xenoanalyst.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

AshlaBoga
02.24.2013 , 03:41 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Koyaanisqat View Post
Xenoanalyst.
Xeno is more of an Event boss though.

Heroic WBS are usually permanent.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

ElQuesoGrande
02.24.2013 , 08:20 PM | #16
LIterally the ENTIRE point of WBs is that they are not instanced. If you want an instanced boss do a FP or, at 50, an op. Instancing the WB would means it's not a WB.

I_Sithed_MyPants
02.24.2013 , 10:33 PM | #17
Man I'd love phases for world bosses, but it won't happen because of some pvp ******* crying about how they won't be able to interrupt a world boss attempt just for the sake of it, then claim that it's world pvp.

I have no problem with world pvp, but 2 or 3 people messing up a world boss attempt even just by giving the Trauma debuff is not world pvp.

Inb4 someone tells me to reroll to a pve server if I didn't want world pvp. (these are the type of people I'm talking about).
Thuviel
<PC Gamer Mint Imperials>

R.I.P <Antisocial Elitists> I shall miss thee

DarthVengeant
04.30.2013 , 05:07 PM | #18
Now that there is a Three WB Weekly with 2.0, Bioware needs to redo the way WB are fought. All of them need to be instanced with a 1 per week lockout. Period!!! Problem solved. It wouldn't be too hard to make the entrance to the are be an instance.

Xeno is instanced, as well as the new one on Makeb being instanced. Thats how they all need to be done, because getting this weekly is a pain having to park for up to 2 hrs waiting.

RandomXChance
05.01.2013 , 11:32 AM | #19
A dozen worlds and multiple instances and you sit for two hours waiting for a respawn?! Look in the mirror to find the problem here,

Missandei
05.01.2013 , 11:37 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
A simpler solution would be just to have maybe a 10 level cap on the bosses. If someone is over 10 levels, then he cant attack the boss.

Really, there is no justification for 50's to solo low level bosses.
pfff.. Just remove the Weekly on WorldBoss hunting and there will be much less 50+ lvl players running for WorldBosses
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.