Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Annoyance: The group finder don't remember my role

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Annoyance: The group finder don't remember my role

vonWolfenstein
07.17.2012 , 06:24 AM | #1
I don't know why the box keep getting checked but sometimes it puts me as healer even though I have un-selected that role on several occasions.
No sex and no private property made Wolfie turn to the dark side.
"I don't like things that are different."

ArchangelLBC
07.17.2012 , 01:10 PM | #2
Signed and agreed. Every time I log onto my commando it keeps trying to queue me as a healer. The first week it didn't do that so the first few times its happened I've just joined the queue without a second thought only to have an instant queue pop followed quickly by the realization that it assigned me to heal.

Then I look like the jerk who queued as a healer just for quicker pop times. I always just leave because it's not fair to the other three.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Ssaffin
07.17.2012 , 02:24 PM | #3
I was having the same issue with my mercenary. I'm dps and it would always have healer checked also, even if I unchecked it the previous time. What solved it for me was queing up, then reopen the queue screen... then uncheck healer and click the box in the bottom left that says "update roles". After I did that, I've run 15-20 random queues and it always has just the dps role selected. It seems to me that it only saves it if you make changes while actually in the queue already.

DiLune
07.17.2012 , 03:17 PM | #4
I am a tank. I am only a tank. I never DPS. I never check the role "DPS." However, I often have to uncheck that role when queuing for a random group.

Khevar
07.17.2012 , 03:23 PM | #5
I've queued as a DPS, got tagged as a healer. Declined, verified it was checked as a DPS only, requeued, got tagged as a healer.

Every patch I keep avidly reading the patch notes, but no mention of this being addressed.

vsalcedo
07.17.2012 , 06:40 PM | #6
They should also let you invite anyone into your group rather then be forced to reque. We couldn't finish the operation last week because we lost two players and could not invite other guild members to come in.

Czarcasmus
07.18.2012 , 03:28 AM | #7
You can actually invite your guild members. For that instance, let them queue for the group finder then select their name.

ridinganty
01.10.2013 , 01:28 PM | #8
I agree please please please please fix this already. It's ****en annoying.

Icestar
01.10.2013 , 07:25 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by vonWolfenstein View Post
I don't know why the box keep getting checked but sometimes it puts me as healer even though I have un-selected that role on several occasions.
Yes, this happens often for me. I sign up as DPS and get a healing or tank spot with my different chars.

I even sent a ticket about it and got some kind of autorespons.

They need to look into this, it has been a problem for some time now.

Raekor
01.10.2013 , 08:16 PM | #10
I noticed a few weeks ago the options reset when I switched computers, but if I turned of one computer and then went back in on the same one the setting was saved. Not sure if that would help isolate what may be happening.