Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Won't patch, won't launch, won't download

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Won't patch, won't launch, won't download
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kyovarde
07.07.2012 , 01:48 PM | #1
Earlier this week I resubbed and attempted to patch the game so I could play. Got stuck in the repair loop. Deleted game, re downloaded everything with the terrible sub 500kb/s launcher. Got it patched. CTD upon hitting play after logging in.

Ended up having to reinstall Windows because the supposed fix for the CTD prevented me from even loading Windows.

Currently attempting to download the game for the third time since then because it always bugs out and says an error occurred.

WTH Bioware?

Kyovarde
07.07.2012 , 01:52 PM | #2
And now it is installing in German. Lovely.

Axolipher
07.07.2012 , 02:36 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Kyovarde,

Thank you for your post. In terms of it installing in German you can change this. On launcher if you click the cog in the bottom left corner you can select your preferred language from the drop down menu at the top.

I'd like to request that you contact us again once you have completed your installation and patching so we can assist you further if your client fails to load again.

Thank You.

Axolipher | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Kyovarde
07.08.2012 , 09:43 PM | #4
The game still hasn't finished downloading yet. I've had to restart yet again because it bugged out on me.

The first time I D/Led SWToR back in January I had no issues on Windows Vista. Is this an issue related to Windows 7 or something that has emerged since then?

I have been attempting to play the game for a week now and I really doubt it will ever actually finish downloading. At this point I want to know if I either get my money back for this month's subscription or an alternate download source that doesn't suck.

Beruthien
07.08.2012 , 09:57 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Kyovarde,

Could you please post your most recent Launcher log so we would have a better idea what might be going on? (When posting the log please paste it within the [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags.)

Thank you.
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Kyovarde
07.08.2012 , 10:14 PM | #6
And how do I do that?

Beruthien
07.08.2012 , 10:16 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Kyovarde,

In a default installation the launcher logs can be found here:
  • 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
  • 32bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
    Example file name: launcher_20120709.Log
Just copy the content of the most recent file into your post.

Please come back to us if you have any further questions.

Thank you.
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Kyovarde
07.08.2012 , 10:20 PM | #8
From yesterday.

Spoiler

Edited to add Spoiler tags – CS forum team.

Kyovarde
07.08.2012 , 10:22 PM | #9
Spoiler

Kyovarde
07.08.2012 , 10:23 PM | #10
Spoiler