Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No death, only Wrath: The Helicarrier Chronicles

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
No death, only Wrath: The Helicarrier Chronicles

MilaniGrey
08.14.2012 , 10:46 AM | #61
Let us not forget those mails - which I find HI-LARIOUS - that he sends the female SW when you finish the romance arc. Totally adorable in that slightly creepy "he's already planning out our life together" way.
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

irishfino
08.14.2012 , 11:56 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by MilaniGrey View Post
Let us not forget those mails - which I find HI-LARIOUS - that he sends the female SW when you finish the romance arc. Totally adorable in that slightly creepy "he's already planning out our life together" way.
In one of them, he predicts he may die young at the warrior's side, but that it's much preferable to dying behind a desk on Dromund Kaas. EPIC FORESHADOWING OR JUST QUINN BEING HIS WEIRD SELF!? It's probably both. Dude has issues.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

bright_ephemera
08.19.2012 , 08:32 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
Dude has issues.
I would say "Yes.", but that's too short to be permitted as a forum reply.

So:

Yes. He does.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
08.19.2012 , 08:33 PM | #64
CHRONICLES PAST, 4: What if Nalenne didn't reconcile with Quinn?

Crossposted from the Short Fic Weekly Challenge thread.

Time period: Somewhere in the middle of Quinn's ghostliness, in an ALTERNATE TIMELINE

Jaesa sat down across from Vette in the reading nook. "Hey. Vette?"

"Yeah?"

"When's the last time you saw Nalenne and Pierce?"

"Three days ago. They do have to walk from the bedroom to the outside door and back to get their daily allowance of killing in before they get back to…yeah."

"I never seem to catch them in passing." Jaesa sighed. "I'm caught up on Nalenne's hard-copy comic books around here. I really don't know what else to do with my time."

"You and me could go be heroic or something. You know, let Nalenne and Pierce and the big fuzzy third wheel – poor guy – go killing stuff at every port, and then go do nice things ourselves."

"That's a doomed effort," volunteered ghost-Quinn, stepping through the wall from the bridge.

"Be quiet," said Vette.

Jaesa looked up with her signature compassionate concern. "Since Nalenne started with him…this must be awful for you," she said.

"I really don't want to talk about it," said Quinn. "I just stopped by to make sure Vette realizes she's wrong even when the Wrath isn't here to say it."

"Go away," said Vette.

There was a loud shriek from the bedroom, followed by riotous laughter. Quinn winced and then pretended he hadn't. Jaesa blushed. Vette just looked curious.

Nalenne burst out moments later, belting a dressing gown around herself. "Guys. Guys. New plan."

"I'm all ears," said Vette.

"We're gonna get a new ship. A big ship. With massively overpowered engines."

"And guns," said Pierce, stepping out behind her, shirtless and sweaty and grinning like there was no tomorrow. "Lots o' guns."

"My lord," said Quinn, "your last concept sketch for an 'ultimate megapowered superboomship' would have torn itself apart within three seconds of engine ignition.'"

"Your complaints don't count," said Nalenne, "so shut up. Part Two of the plan: We all get on the ship, except Captain Annoying, and then, and then we blow the Helicarrier up."

Quinn turned paler. "You're going to destroy this ship?"

"Yup! And since your ghostly self is bound here, I bet it'll destroy you, too!"

Jaesa's eyes opened round. "I thought we liked Quinn!"

"Talked her out of that, finally," said Pierce.

"But what if-" said Vette.

"No time to lose," fizzed Nalenne." Let's go. Jaesa, make sure Quinn doesn't talk 2V-R8 into sabotaging anything."

The Tentatively Named Extreme More Better S.A.B.E.R. Helicarrier (Nalenne was in too much of an excited hurry to come up with a better name) blew hull-rattlingly powerful thrusters to turn around and face the old Fury-class S.A.B.E.R. Helicarrier.

"Pierce," said Nalenne from the TNEMBSABERH's main turret. "Missiles?"

"Ready, milord."

"Vette. Jaesa. Turrets?"

"Ready," the girls chorused.

"Broonmark. Lasers of questionable utility but undeniable visual awesomeness?"

"Brrrggg."

"Ladies and gentlemen, fire."

The lasers hit first, followed by elegant volleys of multicolored blaster cannons, followed by sleek shining missiles. The Helicarrier blossomed in two dozen places with hull breaches; then the whole thing warped, bucked, and exploded, its oxygen licking away in one bright flare before the entire mess scattered in tiny pieces.

Nalenne whooped and climbed back out of her turret to meet in the holo room. She jumped into Pierce's arms and kissed him, hard, thrilling with the glory of overkill. She didn't stop until Broonmark delicately cleared his proboscis.

"Right," said Nalenne, and unwrapped her legs from around Pierce's waist. He let her down to the ground. "Good job, everybody. Let's go someplace nice and beautifully Quinn-free." She darted ahead of Pierce to the bridge.

Where Quinn was standing, one meter behind and two meters to the left of the pilot's chair. Nalenne skidded to a halt and gawped.

Quinn shrugged apologetically. "I'm afraid I ended up transferring with you, my lord."

"That's not fair."
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

ragnnerok
08.19.2012 , 08:45 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
[B][SIZE="4"]

"That's not fair."
it may not be but it's funny

bright_ephemera
09.01.2012 , 07:08 PM | #66
CHRONICLES PAST, 5: In which Quinn starts to realize what he's gotten himself into

Time period: During Quinn's first life, immediately after his recruitment on Balmorra

"My lord?"

"Yes?"

"What is...that?"

Nalenne looked up from the reading nook's holoscreen, which was displaying the latest Scarlet Nexu issue, part of the warrior stripper princess's invasion of Testosteroneland. The newcomer Quinn had apparently gotten back from his errands early; now his eyes were obviously tracing several of the curves in the image while he tried to figure out how that particular motion was physically possible in that not-quite-suit.

"It's a comic book," she said. "You've heard of them, I hope?"

Quinn looked sour. Thus far this seemed to be his only facial expression. "I am familiar with comic books, my lord," he said disdainfully. "I favor Captain Kaas over the likes of...that."

"If you have an editorial to make, make it fast and make it entertaining."

"No editorial, my lord." He looked over and ran another nearly-audible calculation on the elasticity that corset would have to possess for that maneuver. He frowned even harder. "Is this what Lord Baras's apprentice does with her spare time?"

"It has been to date. Whether that remains my prime leisure activity now that you're here will depend very heavily on your performance, captain." Nalenne heard a snicker down the hallway fighting with an exaggerated retching noise and losing. "Go away, Vette."

"I...have work to do," Quinn said in a suddenly strangled voice. "If, ah, work, if something is required, just...uh." He frowned at the Scarlet Nexu yet again. "When you're ready to accomplish something useful, my lord, let me know."

"I suppose you don't have hobbies?" Nalenne said sweetly.

"I track down and assassinate enemies of the Empire in my spare time," he said. "It is a most rewarding pursuit."

"Comic books are rewarding, too, so don't look at me like that."

Quinn cast his gaze down at the floor. "Of course, my lord. I shall return to my duties now."

Nalenne sighed. "Captain. New orders, top priority."

"My lord?"

"Get that stick of your *** before you talk to me again."

"My lord, I...I don't have..."

"All right. First, get a clue. Use the clue to locate the stick in your ***. Remove the stick from your ***. Then and only then may you come bother me while I'm trying to enjoy the cultural highlights of the year."

"Of-of course, my lord." Quinn bowed awkwardly and fled.

Vette sidled around the corner from the crew quarters hall. She, too, gave Scarlet Nexu a once-over. "You really have no shame, my lord. You realize that's probably the most he's ever seen of a woman?"

"That's his problem, not mine." Nalenne calmly flipped the page. Vette took one look at the resulting action scene, squeaked, and found other places to be.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
09.01.2012 , 09:07 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
CHRONICLES PAST, 5: In which Quinn starts to realize what he's gotten himself into

"All right. First, get a clue. Use the clue to locate the stick in your ***. Remove the stick from your ***. Then and only then may you come bother me while I'm trying to enjoy the cultural highlights of the year."
Second time I've read it and this line is still hilarious as sin.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
09.30.2012 , 09:38 PM | #68
CHRONICLES PAST, 6: In which Nalenne makes a confession re: acquisitions

Time period: Late in Quinn's ghostly existence, post-Servant-Nine

"My lord."

"Quinn."

"2V's primary motivator has blown out, and since I cannot interact with matter myself I fear I will be of no use to anyone until Vette fixes it."

"Huh. Vette is helping you with this? Voluntarily?"

"I informed her that, since I have nothing better to do, I would follow her around talking until 2V was repaired. She has been working most diligently since then."

"Takin' a page out of her own playbook. Vicious but clever."

"I don't even have to follow through at this point. The threat and a thirty-second sample were sufficient."

"So what can I do for you while you're here?"

"I was actually wondering where the Captain Kaas hard-copy archives ended up. You know that one of the few things I can do in my ghostly state is stick my head inside comic books and single out one page at a time. But my usual reading material is no longer in my quarters."

"Really? Ugh. Bet you anything Pierce or somebody moved it to some hiding place the last time they went through hunting for the slave collar remote."

"You usually track your comic books quite closely, but Captain Kaas seems to be an exception." He tilted his head slightly. "In fact, I have never once seen you actually reading it."

"That's because I hate Captain Kaas. He is by far my least favorite Spectacle everything, and I'm including the X-folk in that list."

"Then...why do you possess the full print run?"

She shrugged. "You said a long time ago that you liked him. I thought I would put the temptation on the ship, first to watch and see if you actually do ever take time off – of course you didn't – and second so you would have something you enjoy if you did suddenly turn weird enough to want to relax."

"I see."

"You never touched 'em, of course."

"No. But after I died and before you assigned 2V-R8 to act as my hands, I was most grateful to have something other than Scarlet Nexu to practice reading."

"Scarlet Nexu might've broadened your horizons a little. But, yeah, Captain Kaas was all for you."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"You might consider notifying me the next time you do something nice for me. So that I notice it perhaps less than two years and one death later."

"Okay," she said, and smiled. "Tell you what, I can go yell at Pierce for hiding the damned comic books."

His eyes lit up. "You will?"

"Yup! Personal favor to you, I'll get good and mad about it."
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

EverSteam
09.30.2012 , 09:55 PM | #69
Yayayay!
Finally one bit more So happy!
Btw, love how Quinn got Vette to do what he wanted

MilaniGrey
09.30.2012 , 10:18 PM | #70
You tease, you!
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!