Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No death, only Wrath: The Helicarrier Chronicles

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
No death, only Wrath: The Helicarrier Chronicles

bright_ephemera
10.23.2012 , 06:56 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Adwynyth View Post
and the second...WHY do you keep making me LIKE Quinn?
Because he's a very likea...wait, that's a lie. He is a very remarkable character in all his incarnations. I was mentally reviewing Nalenne!Quinn's exploits to compose that particular paragraph and ended up thinking "Wow, Quinn's kind of awesome."

I am desperately working to concoct a scheme in which the optimal solution is not divorce and separate careers from here on in. I'll, uh, I'll get to work on that.

And that means this 'dumping ground for additional Nalenne inspiration' might have to develop a plot.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
10.23.2012 , 11:26 AM | #92
CHRONICLES PRESENT, 27: In which Nalenne does a favor and Quinn does his job

Time period: After Quinn leaves

General Slyne slouched unhappily in his seat. "Colonel Quinn assured me you wouldn't be coming after him."

"Really?" said Nalenne, shaking off the remains of the sole Imperial soldier who had tried to slow her down on her way into the office. "It isn't like him to be wrong. He must be worse off than I thought. So what did you – wait a moment. Colonel?"

"Y-yes, my lord. If you want him demoted instead, or, um, demoted and fired, or demoted, fired, and delivered on a spit…"

"After everything Malavai Quinn has accomplished, the most you can do when he returns to the regular chain of command is Colonel?"

"My lord, since his promotion from Lieutenant less than four years ago, some of his most conspicuous accomplishments have been failing to execute a failed Sith Lord's plan and then, er, dying. We have to take these things into account when making personnel decisions."

"You'll make him a general by close of business or you will experience my personnel decisions, is that clear?"

"Qu-quite clear, my lord. Shall I contact him now?"

"No. Actually, when you do let him know, don't mention me. I think he'll be happier someplace where people have to listen to him."

"Are you even listening to me? I needed the five by seven-meter flags, not the three by five!"

"Sir, yes, sir," yelped the trembling sergeant. "I'll have them right away, sir!"

"You'd better. I've got everything else on the list, we just need the flags flown – properly – on every building in this city before sunset."

Quinn looked up to see an Imperial shuttle landing by the recently claimed governmental building. He approached to welcome Moff Rillins.

"Some work you did here," Rillins said, impressed.

"Only doing my job, sir," said Quinn.

"I did notice the eighty-nine percent casualties, of which ninety-four percent were fatalities."

"The men did a very good job, sir, but they're not very…sturdy. I am accustomed to slightly more…well." He lowered his voice and turned his back to the three surviving soldiers, who were frantically eating in this unexpected respite from Quinn's attention. "Sir, I've met Twi'leks more durable than this. I'm going to need more men if they're all going to flop over at the first sign of point-blank artillery round impacts."

"Perhaps," Rillins said mildly, "you are instead going to need a slight recalibration of expectations now that you're not working for the Emperor's Wrath and the berserkers insane enough to stay near her? – No offense."

"None taken. Perhaps you're right. It's just that everyone around here is conspicuously…mortal."

"Also willing to take orders and engage in rational thought," Rillins pointed out.

"Are you insinuating something, Moff?"

"Not at all." Rillins settled at parade rest and enjoyed the sight of correctly-sized Imperial flags unfurling over the city. "I'll find you our best. Try not to get them all killed at once."
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Adwynyth
10.23.2012 , 11:28 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
And that means this 'dumping ground for additional Nalenne inspiration' might have to develop a plot.
Plot? That's crazy talk. How about...MORE SHENANIGANS!
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

irishfino
10.23.2012 , 11:29 AM | #94
Quinn continues to be ridiculously awesome.
It's a sickness.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Adwynyth
10.23.2012 , 11:35 AM | #95
(Deleted) GAH! How do I keep duplicating posts?
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

Soteirian
10.25.2012 , 12:32 AM | #96
Quinn walked over to Nalenne without making a sound. He leaned in and placed a kiss on her forehead, then turned to face the rest of the holo room. He scanned the assembled crew, attempting to figure out the least untrustworthy individual there. He seemed to give 2V serious consideration before shaking his head and turning to Broonmark. "There's no point whatsoever in my asking you to protect her from herself, but do what you can against the other menaces out there."

And with that he walked out.
Odd...I actually feel a little sad reading this.

bright_ephemera
10.25.2012 , 11:39 AM | #97
CHRONICLES PRESENT, 28: In which the Hand loses its grip

Time period: After Quinn leaves (don't worry, I have plans for him)

Jaesa's voice lanced through Nalenne's skull with all the delicateness of something getting violently pushed through a hangover-stuffed skull. "Holo for you, master."

Nalenne moaned. "I smashed the holo, Jaesa."

"Yes, master. We fixed it again."

"Why would you do that?"

"I…I needed to know if my fellow Light Side Sith needed rescuing."

"Right! I forgot. I guess you do need the holo for that."

Andronikos stirred and tensed. "Is Jaesa being virtuous?" he growled suspiciously.

"No," said Nalenne. "Go to sleep."

"Better not be," he mumbled, and buried his head under a pillow.

"So Jaesa, what did…oh. Ugh. The Hand is calling. Isn't it."

Jaesa gestured out toward the holo room. "I'm afraid so, master."

Nalenne belted on her dressing gown and shuffled out to the holo. Servants One and Two stared down at her with serious weighty stares.

"…Wrath?" said Servant One.

"I was out late killing things," Nalenne said defensively, trying to smooth her rumpled robe while rubbing sleep out of one eye. "For the Empire, more or less."

"We called out of concern."

"And I care why?" she yawned. The motion bounced pain through her head. She had better start drinking more soon. The persistent state of drunkenness over the last couple of weeks made fighting difficult, but it was difficult in a hilarious way. The boys agreed with her on that. And Broonmark was proving surprisingly handy with a medpac on their group rampages, so even the missteps worked out.

"You have not been answering your holo," scolded Servant One.

"Yes, that's because you've been calling."

"Of more concern is the fact that Captain Quinn has not contacted us, nor responded to our calls, for our usual strategy sessions."

"The captain ignores us," intoned Servant Two.

"Did we do something?" Servant One said anxiously. "Is he mad at us?"

"Ah," said Nalenne. "No, he's not mad, he's just not working for me anymore."

"The Wrath has got to be kidding," quavered Servant Two.

"He moved out," said Nalenne.

"He didn't tell us," grumbled Servant One.

"It was kind of sudden. I'm sure he didn't mean to upset you. Look, I don't know where he is, but contact General Slyne on Dromund Kaas and I'm sure he can get you Quinn's contact information."

"We don't like dealing with the military," said Servant One.

"The military demands verifiable credentials," Servant Two said sorrowfully.

Nalenne frowned. "But Quinn was military and he accepted your orders just fine. Mostly."

"Quinn only served us when it suited him," grumbled Servant One.

"And the captain ran our joint operations," admitted Servant Two.

"That, too," said Servant One. "Once he figured out our broader strategic vision he really wasn't taking orders so much as submitting fully polished plans for approval and lecturing us on the details we had missed in our own research."

"I miss him," Servant Two said miserably.

"Hey," Nalenne said suspiciously. "He's my husband. Get your own."

Servant Two's lip quivered. "The captain never took the Hand's hints."

Both Nalenne and Servant One stared at Servant Two.

"More than I ever wanted to know, Two," said Servant One.

"Agreed," said Nalenne.

"The Hand has been abandoned." Servant Two slunk off.

Nalenne and Servant One faced each other.

"He's taking it hard," explained Servant One.

"Yes, I noticed that."

"I take it you're going to be a completely irresponsible drain on payroll for the foreseeable future?"

"Most likely."

"I don't suppose we could pay you extra to keep the captain around? In spite of the occasional staggeringly inconvenient veto he issued, he really was a valuable asset."

"It doesn't work that way. You want his advice, call his new bosses. Now, do you have any Wrathy assignments for me?"

"No," said Servant One. "Trying to work directly with you is hopeless."

"Glad we understand each other. Now buzz off."

Nalenne hung up and checked the time. She could sleep a couple more hours before the boys were all up and ready to wreak havoc. Beautiful, supervisor-free havoc.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

MilaniGrey
10.25.2012 , 12:40 PM | #98
Poor Servant Two..
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
10.25.2012 , 12:57 PM | #99
"The captain ignores us," intoned Servant Two.

"Did we do something?" Servant One said anxiously. "Is he mad at us?"
---

Both Nalenne and Servant One stared at Servant Two.

"More than I ever wanted to know, Two," said Servant One.
Trying to laugh silently is really hard, I'll have you know.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
10.25.2012 , 01:30 PM | #100

"I miss him," Servant Two said miserably.

"Hey," Nalenne said suspiciously. "He's my husband. Get your own."

omg, too funny.

creepy creepy.