Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Free" server transfers

Apsen_Layne
06.18.2012 , 03:17 PM | #1
Well i just thought someone from Bio/Ea would like to know that now with your loss of players and "free" server transfers, allot of us gammers with names we like are loosing them and we made a major effort to get them back at start. It sucks, because some of our servers were ok and had pretty good grouping for pve and pvp... now not so much. So those that want to stay and keep there toons name are left in a "NOW" dead server. I feel robed, but i know there's nothing i can do. What's worse is being last to transfer and finding no names that you like to transfer with. I am sure allot of players are happy this is happening, but a few of us aren't.

Just my thoughts on what's going on with servers that had ok players numbers and now don't

Owsley
06.18.2012 , 03:21 PM | #2
What's worse is my guild was assigned pre-launch to a server that is now being moved. How unfair is that? I loose my character names and my gulld name. This really sucks. I was assigned to this server I didn't pick it.
"But war, organised war, is not a human instinct. It is a highly planned and co-operative form of theft."
Jacob Bronowski - The Ascent of Man

Karquile
06.18.2012 , 03:22 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Apsen_Layne View Post
... allot of us gammers with names we like are loosing them
Thay mite be avaylubble if you mispeel them...
Welcome to the Public Test Server! / PTS Forum Guidelines
Friendly testing guilds to join: Primus (Republic) and Alpha (Empire).
Chat with other testers in-game: /cjoin Test
PTS Ventrilo server! gametest.typefrag.com port 23300

MasterKayote
06.18.2012 , 03:24 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Karquile View Post
Thay mite be avaylubble if you mispeel them...
LOL

Drudenfusz
06.18.2012 , 03:24 PM | #5
Expect this thread to be closed, and don't expect that BioWare will ever admit how stupid their decisions are.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

mothear
06.18.2012 , 03:24 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Owsley View Post
What's worse is my guild was assigned pre-launch to a server that is now being moved. How unfair is that? I loose my character names and my gulld name. This really sucks. I was assigned to this server I didn't pick it.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, are you suggesting that you would have picked one of the go to servers?

Wekeltes
06.18.2012 , 03:27 PM | #7
Hi all,

Because we have an ongoing discussion thread regarding the risk of losing names due to the server transfer program, we're going to close this thread and ask that the community continue to use the following thread for discussion regarding names:

Fear of loseing a name

For further discussion about the transfer program, we ask that the community use the following thread:

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

Thank you for your understanding!