Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Epic... then not

Idejon
06.18.2012 , 03:21 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by wutru View Post
1.3 might help, since they optimized the game even more. I had increased response and smooth frame rates on the test server.
From my understanding of this occurrence (based off a thread in the PTS) the optimization mentioned in the patch notes has little effect but downloading the game client from the server and not using a CD for the install causes the uptick in performance. I do not believe this effect is tied to the lag caused by particle effects and 1.3 should not impact this part of the game.
The De'us Legacy
Quegaran - 55 Sage/Twi'lek Quedetruit - 55 GS/Chiss
Pasde - 55 Mercenary/Chiss Quag - 55 Assassin/Twi'lek
Absque - 55 Guardian/Human Maitre - 55 Vanguard/Twi'lek

Sanxxx
06.18.2012 , 03:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ColonelM View Post
Last night on Jung Ma, people in the Fleet were announcing a Republic attack on Dorn Base on Hoth. About to log for the night, I figured I'd check it out before bed. I fly to Hoth, go up the elevator and head toward the base exit, only to be met with....

horrendous frame rates.

Ok, granted, my comp is a couple years old. A certain capturable neutral base area in another fantasy-based MMORPG that will go unnamed consistently had at least two full raid groups of 40 on either side and the same computer still got 20+ fps at the worst times. It was at least playable.

Last night, there were about 40-50 per side (that I could tell) but it wasn't even funny how bad the fps was. Is the Hero engine just that bad? Anyone with a new comp ever encounter that type of melee? Was the framerate really low for you too? One of the primary reasons I wanted to play this game, and the sole reason for going through three PVP servers was the idea of world Empire vs Republic PVP. I know people were complaining about Ilum but I haven't experienced it personally. Was this one of the main gripes?

The Epic part was the fact that 100ish people were all killing one another. That part was beautiful. Well, what I could see of it anyway.

Moal
Ilum performance was appalling which is why one of the first things they did was ban companions, however it made little difference.

jgelling
06.18.2012 , 03:43 PM | #13
Game engine's fine as long as people stay well away from each other, don't move and don't run any special effects.

ColonelM
06.18.2012 , 03:57 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by jgelling View Post
Game engine's fine as long as people stay well away from each other, don't move and don't run any special effects.
Just wiped the spittle off my screen.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." - Jedi Master Yoda
"Now you see why evil will always triumph over good. Because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet