Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who's actually making money now?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Who's actually making money now?

jedip_enguin
06.18.2012 , 04:24 PM | #11
I'm actually a bit worse off since there is now stuff on the GTN worth buying, meaning my alts and their companions get pimped and my main pays the price.
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

lordofdamornin
06.18.2012 , 04:43 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
I only have like 3.5 mil between both of my mains....I can't seem to make any money in this game. I have heard of people making tens of millions from selling augment gear back when that was new...
If you stop stupidly spending credits, you will find that they are easy to accumulate.

It's funny how that mirrors real life...

Rit

DiabloDoom
06.18.2012 , 04:51 PM | #13
Welcome all to a thriving economy.

Darth-Rammstein
06.18.2012 , 04:56 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by lordofdamornin View Post
If you stop stupidly spending credits, you will find that they are easy to accumulate.

It's funny how that mirrors real life...

Rit
I like how you just assume to think you know how I spend my credits. I hardly spend credits on anything, I'm not a mount or pet collector, I don't even have repair bills because all I do end game is pvp and the most money I've spent was on mats on the gtn to level up professions. I just don't have anything worthwhile to sell to make money....but thanks for your input.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

Valkirus
06.18.2012 , 05:09 PM | #15
It is no real problem making credits in this game. In fact it is really easy. I had 1.5 million credits before the server transfers and only used the GTN to sell one item for like 2500 credits and bought a couple items for less then 20k. That is it. Really no need to buy anything or sell anything for my char that is. My goal has never been to have a ton of credits. The smart lessons to learn in any game for gold or credits is the same ones for real life....donot spend more than you can afford and have patence for getting the things you cannot afford at the time.

I can see where those who enjoy using the GTN to make credits, the server transfers and influx of more players on thier servers would most certainly help them make more credits. Just not something I enjoy doing.
Trust is something which is earned.

GnatB
06.18.2012 , 05:14 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
and the most money I've spent was on mats on the gtn to level up professions. I just don't have anything worthwhile to sell to make money.
In a well designed game, the first part of that sentance is the answer to the second part. And with the (arguable) exception of Biochem/Cybertech, is in this game too. 'Course, one would also argue that buying mats on the GTN instead of running missions/gathering yourself cost you FAR more money than it would have otherwise.