Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we expect the lag to die down once the transfers are done?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we expect the lag to die down once the transfers are done?

JefferyClark
06.17.2012 , 02:34 AM | #11
I've had some stutter issues, but my real problem comes from the 250+ in fleet. I'd love to see that cap lowered to 150, and that way the 2nd instance doesn't depopulate so often.

That 2nd instance is a god-send for low to mid-spec'ers, or those who want to browse the market with less lag or page freezes.
Jeffinas (Guardian)
Exceptional Legion
Prophecy of the Five

Dawginole
06.17.2012 , 09:00 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JefferyClark View Post
I've had some stutter issues, but my real problem comes from the 250+ in fleet. I'd love to see that cap lowered to 150, and that way the 2nd instance doesn't depopulate so often.

That 2nd instance is a god-send for low to mid-spec'ers, or those who want to browse the market with less lag or page freezes.
Yeah, having 2 or 3 instances of the fleet would certainly help.

SoyChulo
06.18.2012 , 09:45 AM | #13
The worst is the ability delays. We had to abandon our raid because the abilities of our players are not responding in time. As a healer it is a helpless feeling to not be able to cast a heal because the game is so slow that it appears the cooldown on your previously casted ability is twice what it normally is.

Arkerus
06.18.2012 , 09:51 AM | #14
The "lag" isn't latency. Its the engine choking on the server requests.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Keta
06.18.2012 , 09:54 AM | #15
There was a thread or three in the customer service forum about this and the csr answer was the cut and paste "it's your computer's fault not ours"

thominoh
06.18.2012 , 10:00 AM | #16
If you have lag now after the transfer to a busier server, expect it to continue.. until people stop playing and logging on.. 90% of the lag and FPS problems now are client side, not server side.. You might want to move back to a lower population server to get better performance.. lol

redheadedtim
06.18.2012 , 10:25 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by thominoh View Post
If you have lag now after the transfer to a busier server, expect it to continue.. until people stop playing and logging on.. 90% of the lag and FPS problems now are client side, not server side.. You might want to move back to a lower population server to get better performance.. lol
Lag is not client side unless you have an issue with your internet connection. Abilities taking .5-1 second or longer to fire off is server side, not client. Delayed movement is server side, not client. That's kind of the definition of lag. I experience ability delays in pvp on the new server and not my old. What changed? The server, not my pc. They really need to work on optimizing the client / server communication and server processing. I don't mind going from 25 fps in the fleet to 9, but ability delays in pvp are not fun.

thominoh
06.18.2012 , 10:41 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by redheadedtim View Post
Lag is not client side unless you have an issue with your internet connection. Abilities taking .5-1 second or longer to fire off is server side, not client. Delayed movement is server side, not client. That's kind of the definition of lag. I experience ability delays in pvp on the new server and not my old. What changed? The server, not my pc. They really need to work on optimizing the client / server communication and server processing. I don't mind going from 25 fps in the fleet to 9, but ability delays in pvp are not fun.
Wrong genius.. lag can exist on either side.. Lag is ONLY means the ability to process information traveling both ways.. What I'm saying is that with increased population in small areas.. It's normally the client side lag unable to process the information coming in from server.. If you want to make it all about , "this is Bio's fault" then do so.. That is your option.. BTW Genius.. When I'm playing with a friends and they have better computers then me , and I lag and they don't.. That proves to me it's client side.. NOT server.. Think about it..

Berezo
06.18.2012 , 10:51 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by thominoh View Post
Wrong genius.. lag can exist on either side.. Lag is ONLY means the ability to process information traveling both ways.. What I'm saying is that with increased population in small areas.. It's normally the client side lag unable to process the information coming in from server.. If you want to make it all about , "this is Bio's fault" then do so.. That is your option.. BTW Genius.. When I'm playing with a friends and they have better computers then me , and I lag and they don't.. That proves to me it's client side.. NOT server.. Think about it..
you're wrong my good sir.
Squad 367 Member

thominoh
06.18.2012 , 11:01 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Berezo View Post
you're wrong my good sir.
Ahh another genius.. Tell us how lag is "always" server side and never client side.... Tell us how when a group of 4 people team up and only ONE person of 4 lags.. It's server side.. I'm all eyes... Educate us..