Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Body type 2 vs 3, what do you like best?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Body type 2 vs 3, what do you like best?

madweezy
01.17.2013 , 09:27 AM | #31
Body type 3 for males, for all classes. 1 and 2 look too feminine. In fact, I have hard time telling body types 1 and 2 males apart from female characters when I'm at Imperial Fleet... especially if said character has a robe/hood or helmet on. Not even joking.

Body type 3 is the only one that looks menacing, and it's not just the height... it's the broad shoulders, and also the head is more proportional to the rest of the body. Body type 1 and 2 look exactly the same, in my opinion... very feminine and sickly.

Surinen
01.17.2013 , 11:59 AM | #32
I try to create characters after my own body, hairstyle etc. so for males I always choose 3 and for females - I dont play female characters ( never in rpg games where I'm supposed to immerse )
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

Sanctioned
01.19.2013 , 06:18 PM | #33
Male bodytype 3 is just some mickey mouse cartoon superhero manure, and that doesn't appeal to me, personally. I enjoy the more believable type 2. if I ever want to go around Zangeifing everyone, I'll be sure to choose type 3.
(Black Vulkars) Bastion: Dregs - 50 Operative , Dresni - 50 Assassin Fapmonster - 50 Vanguard
Shadowfire: Dregs - Spy | Ryuten - MPowers/MLS
Flurry: Ryushi - Rifleman/Creature Handler

Merwanor
01.20.2013 , 12:48 PM | #34
Body type 1 is way to skinny for both male and female in my opinion, but they can fit for Sith Inquisitors I guess, I am not sure why i think so, I just do :P

Type 2 is the normal and healthy physique of both male and female, and the one I use on most of my characters.

Type 3 body I do use for two of my characters. My Sith Warrior has to be type 3 or he would look to weak for a menacing sith lord, and it fits their armors better, at least the Juggernaut armors. Also my male bounty hunter is also using type 3 body type, mostly because he has such a gruff voice and a smaller body just did not fit.
Troopers should have a type 3 body type if they are using those heavy auto cannons, they look to big for type 2-1 body and a type 4 trooper makes no sense.

Type 4 body types are the hardest to fit I think, for females they are fine, as their type 4 is just more buxom or a curvy version of type 2. But if you think of the classes, I would think a Smuggler or Jedi Counselor would fit this body type. For male type 4, I would pick the same classes, and maybe the inquisitor.

When I pick how I look in SWTOR, i always think to myself, what would fit best for this character, their lifestyle etc. And also the voice actor has to fit the look.
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

CharlieBrown
01.21.2013 , 04:51 PM | #35
I prefer body type 2 or 4 for female characters depending on the class. My inquisitor and operative are 2, while my guardian is type 4. I wanted a giant amazon woman for my tank. Figured it made more sense.

I prefer body type 2 or 3 for the male characters. My smuggler and consular are 2 while my trooper and bounty hunter are 4. Just makes sense that guys with giant guns and heavy armor should be buff.
Fiera × MainAssassin Tank
<E> Guild × Prophecy of the Five

Baalzamon
01.23.2013 , 02:04 AM | #36
I use body type 2 on all my chars male and female.

Kaedusz
01.26.2013 , 08:06 AM | #37
In my opinion body type 2 is good for female characters(although i don't play female chars),but male always has to be body type 3.
Males in body type 2 are just too strange.The lightsaber too big for your hand,the gun too big,your head is too big for your body,you name it.Its just the way they created body type 2 and 1 ,you have to be anorexic,bulimic ,physically retarded(some disease, not the insult slang) to look like that.

ckoneful
01.26.2013 , 08:08 AM | #38
I regret my Body Type 3 on my Shadow. You clip on just about everything gear/mount-wise. The only thing Body Type 3 really fits is a Commando IMO.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

Mauriciobr
01.26.2013 , 05:07 PM | #39
Male = 2

Female = 3 or 4
Credits always make MY galaxy a better place.

Darth_Hatine
01.27.2013 , 10:46 AM | #40
I really like body type 3 because it doesn't have shapeless stick limbs and doesn't suffer from having child like faces the way 1 and 2 do. 4 is cool if you don't mind playing an overweight character.