Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which gender for each class?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Which gender for each class?

Kaigen
06.13.2012 , 08:35 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SmileMoar View Post
Really because I find that Male Body type 3 is still quite bigger than the female type 3. The female type 3 seems to be on par with male type 2 :/

Or maybe its just me?
I'll admit I haven't done a side by side comparison, but they looked pretty close to me in the character creation screen, and at the very least the female type 3 is more than large enough to not feel like a fragile flower in the middle of a battlefield. Personally, I went female type 2 on my Vanguard and never felt like I was too small to sell the role (might have been different if I was carting around an assault cannon...).

SmileMoar
06.13.2012 , 10:32 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaigen View Post
I'll admit I haven't done a side by side comparison, but they looked pretty close to me in the character creation screen, and at the very least the female type 3 is more than large enough to not feel like a fragile flower in the middle of a battlefield. Personally, I went female type 2 on my Vanguard and never felt like I was too small to sell the role (might have been different if I was carting around an assault cannon...).
Yeah it's not too small I was just wondering out loud I guess how the sizes compared since I found my BH staring at the chests of body type 3 males, particularly certain NPCs. Not really a big issue was just messing with my role playing (being a smart a**/I'm here for the credits sort of thing) a bit since people were literally talking down to me.

I agree with you though about type 2 (and type 3 on the whole) being big enough size wise depending on the character class, my sorcerer is a body type 2 female and I fell it fits since force powers are not proportional to physical size.

Xezkaiel
06.13.2012 , 04:28 PM | #13
Trooper-male
Smuggler-female
JC-female
JK-either really...

SW-male
SI-female
BH-male
IA-female

Just my opinion on classes best gender. My trooper is a male and just has that hardcore factor to him (body type 1 and leetist soldier around XD) A female smuggler is just plain hot (bad girls are hot yes?) JC and SI as mirror classes and fall into either the "caster" or "agile warrior" archtype so I say its better for women. JK I really cant pin down either way. You see such fine examples of both genders in the JK world. When I think of SW, I think of Darth Bane (my personal fav) and its just gotta be male. Raw power, pure strength, intimidating as hell. I wouldn't find a female BH very scary so I had to give that to male. IA.......well, I think seduction is a beautiful art for any agent, and women pull that off WAY better. Just my opinions =)
Nos-Redna Sunshatter: Miraluka Shield Tech Powertech
Xothrim Sunshatter: Cyborg Madness Sorcerer

Mistress_Ivi
06.13.2012 , 09:37 PM | #14
Personally, I don't remember voice actor names too well... so that gets thrown out of the window, right away.

Female Counsular over male, hands down.
Female Trooper, male sounds WAY too cliche. She actually has spunk, plus she actually sounds like she has power.
Not yet tried male smuggler, so I'll reserve judgement.
Female Knight, she sneaks a little sas in there... which seems lacking otherwise.

Male Sith warrior. I don't mind the Female, but the acting for the male beats her.
Female Inquistor. Not even a competition. Whoever voiced the male needs to do an overhaul of his general choice of voice - I kid you not.
Agent, can go either way... but I do like the tone of the male.
Not yet tried a male bounty hunter... but I'm loving the female voice actor.

If anyone disputes the female inquistor, shut up. lol. She has so much... sarcasm. Subtlety(sp) ... so evil. Granted, a few lines when she's on the ship she needs shooting. But otherwise, a flawless role.

"There will be no Survivors"... my favourite commonly used line by the class.
The male sounds bored and quite bluntly, crap.
Whereas the female one... oozes vicious intent.
Former SWG Player and Bloody Proud of it!

KingMeteor
06.14.2012 , 07:35 AM | #15
Well in my personal head canon the class genders are

Male guardian
Female shadow
male scoundrel
Female commando

Male marauder
Female sorcerer
Male powertech
male sniper

Oh and yes body type 3 on a female trooper just 'works' to put it simply.
'Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.'

Captain Rixi

wolfganonon
04.20.2013 , 05:25 AM | #16
I have a female inquisitor, she works well. I also have a female sith warrior, but I'm wondering if a male toon would be better for that.

totaly the guy soo much better

Seireeni
04.20.2013 , 05:51 AM | #17
I was going to write a long list before I realized that I was going to write "probably female" to everything with the exeption of smuggler.
List of reasons:
- Jk, I have both and like the female one much better for some reason.
- JC, you get a lot of dresses.
- Trooper, might be affected by the fact that my female trooper makes a much better leader than my male trooper because of their personalities, but I also prefer the voice of the female trooper.
- SW, female, reason: Quinn.
- SI, female, again, a lot of dresses, and I also prefer the female voice.
- IA, female. Reason: Aristocra Saganu. Though if someone makes a male because of Kaliyo, I won't blame them.
- BH, female, the voice acting of male sounds just a little...predictable. It's not bad, but there's something wrong in is, and I just can't put my finger on it...

Smuggler gets male because the voice acting of the male is absolutely fantastic.

krakadyla
04.20.2013 , 08:13 AM | #18
Agent - strictly male; voice acting is great, plus I absolutely cannot stomach female VA's voice.

Warrior - female; again, voice (my favourite voice along with male Agent's) plus Quinn as well, although I guess for more extravagant reasons (Warrior-Quinn romance is textbook sexual harassment and I love when bad things happen to Quinn. Also he writes great love letters).

Consular - male voice acting is extremely dull, so I say female's better, although romance with Nadia gives some insight into Jedi family and attachment issues. Still, not worthy a gameplay of snoozy voice.

Inquisitor - played male, liked the voice acting, but from the samples female sounds just fine as well. Lore-wise I see not much difference.

Trooper was my goof off build - type 1 body, Gothic Lolita hair, heavy makeup, was fun to see her lug that cannon twice her size, but all I could hear was commander Shepard. Vote male, since Steve Blum has better range.

Bounty Hunter - male voice started to seriously grate on my ears towards the end. Made a female, much better. Again, story-wise I don't see much difference.

Smuggler - liked male better. Female's voice a bit too bubbly innocent for the archetype, 'sides, romances are mile better.

Knight - works both ways, IMO. Unless you deem romances important, then Kira >>> Doc.

Dioxys
04.20.2013 , 09:03 AM | #19
Smuggler seems to be better for male since there's a lot of female NPC that you could flirt. You even have 2 female companions that you could choose to romance.

_biddan_
04.21.2013 , 09:48 AM | #20
knight:strictly male,the female sounds like a 12 years old on her school crush
trooper:male,the female just doens't fit,such a role should be held by an strict man with leadership to sell
smuggler:meh,both,male's better tho.
consular:the female voice actor sounds like she has a cold,so male

warrior:male,the female sounds like a 60 years old.
inquisitor:fits a male better but i like the female voice actor too,a female would fit a light sided role. (i can't really imagine a lady being evil or sadist)
agent:male,i can't stand the female's voice,too much emotion for an imperial agent.
bounty hunter:both,probably more female,the male voice is...well...weird,it pretty much only works on body type 3 and i don't like body type 3,so i think that female works better.
The Red Eclipse

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50