Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
06.11.2012 , 03:55 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
The initial character transfer service is now available, allowing qualifying characters to be transferred at no charge from selected origin servers to selected destination servers. This character transfer service will be available as long as is required to help maintain population balance across the service and create a better overall gameplay experience. Select servers will be eligible for free character transfers based on the player populations of the origin and destination servers.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Nocturnix
06.12.2012 , 07:06 AM | #2
How does moving your legacy work? Do you have to move the main legacy holder, then what happens to the other characters, do they lose the legacy? Can you move mulutiple, etc?

Rommoes
06.12.2012 , 07:09 AM | #3
really? not Starstorm one?? are you f**** kidding me? our Q times last up to 30 min's to an hour... AND THATS DURING PEAK TIME

geirbiscohn
06.12.2012 , 07:09 AM | #4
So speaking in terms of just NA servers, there are currently almost 120 servers on the list, and you've got 4 of them open for transfer? I know this is just the initial group, but seriously give SOME of us some hope for this game. Of the 120 or so servers, 115 of them show LIGHT always. I expect much more from this. I really hope you guys know what you're doing

oredith
06.12.2012 , 07:09 AM | #5
good job BW (no sarcasm).

I didn't expect you guys to allow xfer to the current high pop servers, and I thought that would have been a bad choice. It's good to see people being moved to the current high pop servers.
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

Neravar
06.12.2012 , 07:10 AM | #6
Lol we have periods of up to 11 hours with no pvp on Terentantak and we didn't get S&@# thanks for nothing Bioware FAIL!

Tenceriker
06.12.2012 , 07:11 AM | #7
Man, if only they would allow more transfers to The Fatman...well we can hope cuz Mantle is meh as an option.
Relabeling future patches as Expansions, just like EA Louse said a year ago. Who got the last laugh?

oredith
06.12.2012 , 07:12 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Rommoes View Post
really? not Starstorm one?? are you f**** kidding me? our Q times last up to 30 min's to an hour... AND THATS DURING PEAK TIME
chill out, they're learning from their mistake from launch, where they frantically released all the servers, causing the CURRENT problem.

The choice to slowly roll out xfers so that they can monitor the population is a good move, that way we don't ping pong to those heavy servers suddenly being "FULL" all the time, and people having a wait time.
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

KeepMe
06.12.2012 , 07:15 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Neravar View Post
Lol we have periods of up to 11 hours with no pvp on Terentantak and we didn't get S&@# thanks for nothing Bioware FAIL!
LOL... you can stay logged in ALL DAY on my server and not get a PVP match.

Han-Helsing
06.12.2012 , 07:20 AM | #10
If you want to keep all the players happy Bioware/EA then don't make us wait for weeks for our servers to open up for transfer.
Ben-Helsing 'I Always Deliver My Bounty'
Han-Helsing 'The Sith Will Rise to Power'
----------------------
DOWNSEY