Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lent_San
01.07.2013 , 03:33 PM | #5121
Quote: Originally Posted by fabiyun View Post
Hehe, well you know that views differ on this. I'd personally prefer to see new companions, new quests with SGR NPCs for existing planets. Heck I'd even help write some story, I've got time on my hands. Having only OGR is a game breaker for me, I don't enjoy this game atm, and I'd prefer seeing SGR companions asap. Even if for the first while there'd only be a few SGR companion quests, which can be extended later on with future content updates.
So you're basically ok with new companions? Or old and new ones? And is NPC romance a no-go for you unless there's also companion romance? While I'm at it, I might as well push an array of ideas. Hope he gets back to me with an official contact or something, I'll never be able to put all that on Twitter lol.

Tatile
01.07.2013 , 03:36 PM | #5122
Hehe, of course.
Btw, are you going to London the 2nd of Feb?
Haha, on my salary? I'd be lucky to make it to Brighton. Besides, they'd probably just answer every question with "We want to talk about that, in the future, after my beer. Check the forums! Hey, do you know the Queen?"

Besides, I hate pubs and don't drink. There'd really be no point. If they were at a Con I might be able to convince myself to go, if only for the swag (and I'd bring my husband for protection - he wouldn't want to go to London otherwise either).

Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
So you're basically ok with new companions? Or old and new ones? And is NPC romance a no-go for you unless there's also companion romance? While I'm at it, I might as well push an array of ideas. Hope he gets back to me with an official contact or something, I'll never be able to put all that on Twitter lol.
Ok with new companions - would like old ones made SGRA-able, though. And first. Retroactively.
NPC continued romance only if there's the option of companion romance - like straight characters have at the moment.
World [Flirt]s all the way.
Would also like to see NPCs flirting first, though I'm sure some people would go "OH MY GOD, they're forcing it on me!"
Just... more life. Companions moving around the ship, interacting with each other, sleeping, stealing my chairs etc.

fabiyun
01.07.2013 , 03:58 PM | #5123
I'm ok with NPCs additionally of course, but not as a replacement for companions. I'd also prefer them do it with new content then changing already existing content. Seems a waste of resources, even if the quests that'll accompany them aren't anything special, it's still something new to do for everyone. That's the same reasoning with companions. New content is a better investment than changing existing content, ie existing companions.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Haha, on my salary? I'd be lucky to make it to Brighton. Besides, they'd probably just answer every question with "We want to talk about that, in the future, after my beer. Check the forums! Hey, do you know the Queen?"

Besides, I hate pubs and don't drink. There'd really be no point. If they were at a Con I might be able to convince myself to go, if only for the swag (and I'd bring my husband for protection - he wouldn't want to go to London otherwise either).
I'm on welfare, I'm not doing much better. Check megabus. I got a ticket for 6 euros. Indeed they may not answer any questions, hence I'm typing out my concerns and recommendations. They can take it with them to Austin. I also hate pubs, and I don't drink alcohol.
"..the worst kind of DARTH one can dig up!"

Tatile
01.07.2013 , 04:15 PM | #5124
I'm on welfare, I'm not doing much better. Check megabus. I got a ticket for 6 euros. Indeed they may not answer any questions, hence I'm typing out my concerns and recommendations. They can take it with them to Austin. I also hate pubs, and I don't drink alcohol.
I'd never even heard of MegaBus until it popped up on Mock The Week, so I'm not entirely sure if it's in my neck of the woods. Saying that, I'm just making excuses. I don't want to go I know, I know, should be doing this for the team and all, but I hate crowds*, I hate London, I hate pubs and my husband would have to come with me and he works early mornings Sundays.

Something taking part not in a pub would be fine with me. Do a panel at Sussex or Brighton Uni, lots of nerds in that area

*Conventions I've managed to stand because it's fairly easy to find a quiet place away from people.

stuffystuffs
01.07.2013 , 04:32 PM | #5125
Ok, I'm seriously having a heart attack now.

Hal Hood replied to a tweet of mine, saying while the forum is the best way to suggest stuff, he'd be happy to hear my/our thoughts. He's open to ideas how to get more companion interaction into the game.

I just replied to him, asking him whether I should post stuff to Twitter or whether he has a kind of official address I could mail some ideas to. My hands are all sweaty now.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm all giddy now, lol.
One thing I'd like to see with companions (in general) is more interaction between them. I would even exchange this for less new interaction with PC/companion.

I believe there's a few involving Dr. Lokin/Vector on the Agent's ship. I'm replaying the Sith Warrior story now and I just had Pierce walk in on a covo with LS Jaesa. I do kind of wish there were more of these. But of course, I would still like new PC/companion interaction in the future and a continuation of their story.

Artanisia
01.07.2013 , 05:19 PM | #5126
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
One thing I'd like to see with companions (in general) is more interaction between them.
Something that is probably not doable, but would be very cool: Having cutscenes of your companions gossipping about your character (and her/his romance) that get randomly triggered when you board your ship. Or companions bonding over something they share (Like, for instance, Vette and Pierce bonding over their dislike of Quinn, Vector and Lokin being opera fans, etc.).

Lots and lots and lots of possibilities for hillarity!

Tatile
01.07.2013 , 05:29 PM | #5127
Quote: Originally Posted by Artanisia View Post
Something that is probably not doable, but would be very cool: Having cutscenes of your companions gossipping about your character (and her/his romance) that get randomly triggered when you board your ship. Or companions bonding over something they share (Like, for instance, Vette and Pierce bonding over their dislike of Quinn, Vector and Lokin being opera fans, etc.).
Yes. THIS.

Kaliyo being a *****y to some holonet friends.
"I could hear them all night! Who knew bug-boy had it in him?"

Give me some furniture items and chairs I can sit on and I'd move into my Agent ship. Fix the issue with Vector being dressed even while naked and we have a winner

SirGladiator
01.07.2013 , 06:14 PM | #5128
Its nice that somebody wants our suggestions about companion interactions. Of course its easy enough to say 'more', because really thats one of the most, if not THE most, fun parts of the game, interacting with the characters that you like. Thats sort of the whole point behind the SGR thing anyway, but just getting more conversations in general would be a plus. In addition to that, it would be nice to have more of those little 'random comments' you get when you click talk on the character you're with in the field, a wider range of those would be nice, perhaps one or two of those comments could depend on your light/dark attributes, like say you've got major light side points and you're talking to a light side teammate, her random comment might occasionally be a compliment about how 'good' you are, and of course if you're on the dark path her comment might be something more negative, about how she doesn't like the way you've been acting lately, and of course vice-versa if your teammate is a dark side teammate, stuff like that. Just little things like that would be really cool.

Another thing that might seem minor but would have a really big impact, would be if they could make the comments when you give your companion a 'courting' gift the same regardless of gender. I mean, if you're giving somebody a courting gift, you're courting them, you'd like a romantic reply, that's the entire point. Nobody would object to that, because nobody who dislikes the concept of SGRs is going to give a courting gift to a member of the same gender. Thats something they could do for current companions right now, it would be insanely easy to do, and it would go a mighty long way toward making you feel like you've got an actual relationship going, even without the romance conversations that we want to have and currently cannot. Of course it should always be mentioned, we want those gender checks removed ASAP so that we can have those romance conversations, the same as anybody else, but until that happens the ability to get an 'i love you' or whatever in response to a courting gift would be a REALLY REALLY nice step in the right direction. If I could only make one suggestion, that's what it would be, because that really would make it feel like they have SGRs in the game, and in a way they would be. Not that it would be a substitute for anything, but it would be a really great step in the right direction.

Razmoudah
01.07.2013 , 07:42 PM | #5129
Well, I've been holding back on talking for a while (after one night that I spent nearly 3 hours reading a single days posts), but another thing I'd like is more romance options in general, for both OGR and SGR options. Maybe even a pair of bi companions (one of each gender) for each class, which would innately give two new romance options, and for those who don't want SGR they'd still have one new option. I've looked at the descriptions of the romanceable companions, and some of them I wouldn't want as a companion and they're frequently the only romance option for the char (big surprise, with most chars only getting one option), so just having more options in general would benefit most (if not all) players, not just us who want SGR.
Choosing to limit one's vision is not the path to enlightenment. I prefer a world where there are limitless possibilities.
Bioware/EA say YES to companion SGR in SW:TOR

wainot-keel
01.08.2013 , 09:39 AM | #5130
And now we're waiting for more info to come. Ah, the waiting .... I feel so sentimental. It's been so long since we've last been waiting for them to tell us stuff.
I think I'm done "waiting". Even if it's not, for practical reasons I'll take the recent news from Makeb as a "no".

Flirts with random NPCs while nice, aren't what I was expecting and hoping for. More than a year to get an extra planet that does not extend the classes' stories. If in order to make some of the current companions available for both genders there's voice recording involved, kinda makes sense they will bring everybody when they finally do extend the stories. How much waiting for this ? My guess is as good as anyone's and I personally won't bother making one.

I'll just play the characters I've been holding off, like my Trooper and my Agent. I preordered the expansion and we'll see what that brings as well. By the time this gets properly implemented, who knows what I'll be playing and I'll decide then what to do.
Maybe I'll be getting my BW game fix with Dragon Age 3. Or Dragon Age 4, lol.