Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

blooddodo
12.07.2012 , 11:14 AM | #3811
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
Does that prevent you from leveling characters?
If you want to get technical, you can simply ignore conversation prompts with said companion(s) until such a time comes when they are romanceable. It in no way hinders your character's level progression.
You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?
dA gallery

stuffystuffs
12.07.2012 , 11:25 AM | #3812
Quote: Originally Posted by blooddodo View Post
If you want to get technical, you can simply ignore conversation prompts with said companion(s) until such a time comes when they are romanceable. It in no way hinders your character's level progression.
I've done that actually with my Jedi Knight.

There's still no guarantee it will work. The hopeful SGRA companion in question (Kira for the JK) has a few conversations on-board ship that are mandatory in order to progress the main story and I have no clue if the romance trigger would be in one of those or in the conversations that occur afterwards (which I've avoided).

Alas, there's no guarantee that this companion will even be available (I doubt it actually) so it's probably all for nought.

Ellianshia
12.07.2012 , 11:41 AM | #3813
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
I've done that actually with my Jedi Knight.

There's still no guarantee it will work. The hopeful SGRA companion in question (Kira for the JK) has a few conversations on-board ship that are mandatory in order to progress the main story and I have no clue if the romance trigger would be in one of those or in the conversations that occur afterwards (which I've avoided).

Alas, there's no guarantee that this companion will even be available (I doubt it actually) so it's probably all for nought.
Was actually just going to point Kira out myself. Took the words right from the tips of my fingers.

wainot-keel
12.07.2012 , 12:16 PM | #3814
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
Also, if you're not playing the game because of this feature, you're missing out over nothing. The romances are very poorly done. Spend 100K on gifts, max out the affection and then you get 3 or 4 scenes where you kiss and say that you love the other person. It's literally less than 5 minutes.
Some people left the game because they weren't satisfied with PvP. I could say they left the game over nothing as well. Why ? Because I don't care for PvP at all. But I don't say that. I don't think my likings and opinions are more valid than someone else's, so I don't judge
Got it. You don't care for romances in this game. And that's fine. But some do.

Spend 100K on gifts, max out the affection and then you get 3 or 4 scenes where you kiss and say that you love the other person. It's literally less than 5 minutes.
I could also write a trivialized and biased description of what is pvp, pve, crafting, etc in this game to give them a negative light. It means nothing, it would be just my opinion as well

Kioma
12.07.2012 , 12:21 PM | #3815
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
I could also write a trivialized and biased description of what is pvp, pve, crafting, etc in this game to give them a negative light. It means nothing, it would be just my opinion as well
And in any case, 'It doesn't matter if you're disadvantaged because I don't personally like the advantage that I have' is a pretty damn flimsy argument.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

WolfSp
12.07.2012 , 12:29 PM | #3816
Also, if you're not playing the game because of this feature, you're missing out over nothing. The romances are very poorly done. Spend 100K on gifts, max out the affection and then you get 3 or 4 scenes where you kiss and say that you love the other person. It's literally less than 5 minutes.
Just saying, i dont think thats what this is all about...i mean, no big difference to real life. It is only about having the option.

stuffystuffs
12.07.2012 , 01:12 PM | #3817
Just a super quick breakdown of my point.

I'm going to list SWTOR content that's either confirmed to be coming soon (next patch) or is rumored to be coming "soon". Then, I will state whether I know for sure if a specific character of mine can partake in said content.

The character in question is my female Jedi Knight (Guardian AC) at lvl 50.

The list

The new WZ: Yes
New PvP gear: Yes
New space missions: Yes (I might need to buy better ship upgrades but this is feasible)
Makeb: Yes
The level cap extension: Yes
"Chapter 4": Yes
Any new FP/Operation that would come with Makeb/Ch. 4: Yes (I just need to have the gear for it but is feasible if I want it)
SGRA content: No clue

This has nothing to do with knowing details/spoilers about any of this content...just knowing if it's available for my characters.

stuffystuffs
12.07.2012 , 01:36 PM | #3818
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
Homophobes? Would those who do not wish to see SGR in their game for their own personal reasons? Or those who come and say they are against Gays personally, which I have not seen. I have only seen people saying they do not wish to see SGR in their games, that does not make then homophobes or trolls. They have ever right to express their opinion as you do.
It does make them "out of the loop".

You're a year behind on this issue.

Over a year ago, the discussion on whether or not this content should/would be added raged on. Since then, they've stated that they will add it in. This purpose of this thread is to ask for clarification on implementation of the feature (for some of the reasons I've stated...like, preparing characters for it). This is not a "put SGRA in the game (or not)" thread.

I don't care what "reasons" people have for not wanting this content in...it's irrelevant.

I may have "reasons" for not wanting a planet named "Makeb" added but I don't see the point in complaining about it in the "Makeb" threads.

Palar
12.07.2012 , 03:26 PM | #3819
Come up with a more thought-out reason than "this will take away time for from bug-fixes.. because clearly the Writing team also do Coding" logic jumps. That just looks like you're either reaching for a smoke-screen way to object, or that you actually believe there's only one Department working on the game.

Don't like getting brushed-off? Nobody does, that's why we're here.

Palar
12.07.2012 , 03:37 PM | #3820
And here comes another patch - we better hurry up and wait for info on the next one.