Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

natashina
12.06.2012 , 11:27 PM | #3791
**tabs out of game, blinking furiously***

Random update...

For the first time in my experience, a lot of people on the Imp Fleet and in Balmorra (I was questing in Bal on my sorc) are talking about SGRs. They used the letters sgr even. One player is trying to find out if they can get with Darth Lachris as a female character. I told them to screenshot the flirt if it happened.

So the word is out. Visibility really is the key here to getting an answer, so keep those posts going. Keep those messages and letters going. We've got a solid shot at this. Don't give up!

QwibQwib
12.06.2012 , 11:28 PM | #3792
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
**tabs out of game, blinking furiously***

Random update...

For the first time in my experience, a lot of people on the Imp Fleet and in Balmorra (I was questing in Bal on my sorc) are talking about SGRs. They used the letters sgr even. One player is trying to find out if they can get with Darth Lachris as a female character. I told them to screenshot the flirt if it happened.

So the word is out. Visibility really is the key here to getting an answer, so keep those posts going. Keep those messages and letters going. We've got a solid shot at this. Don't give up!
This is the best news I've heard in a while!
"Amor omnibus idem" - "Love is the same for all"

Nozybidaj
12.06.2012 , 11:52 PM | #3793
Visibility really is the key here to getting an answer, so keep those posts going.
And of course that is why we were originally shoved back here in the first place. So they could ignore us. I'd still suggest to everyone to post in the thread on General. Just report the trolls and homophobes and keep the discussion between each other.

Kioma
12.06.2012 , 11:58 PM | #3794
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
And of course that is why we were originally shoved back here in the first place. So they could ignore us. I'd still suggest to everyone to post in the thread on General. Just report the trolls and homophobes and keep the discussion between each other.
I believe the OP actually originally posted this in Story and Lore. I don't think we were 'shoved' here, I think we've merely been kept here.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Ellianshia
12.07.2012 , 12:11 AM | #3795
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
When this game tanks and unless they fix things pretty fast it will, I hope you get your 10 mins total of dialogue and one fade to black screen so you can say yes we got it, it was so worth it. Go ahead and slap BW who has been gay friendly in pretty much all of thier games when others have not, but hey you want what you want and that is all that matters. If SGR come and I am still around I won't be. Have fun with your crusade and if you feel the need to report my posts go ahead, wouldn't be the first time.
Le Sigh... yet another person coming in here, trying to point out how we're throwing a tantrum about this content and how we want it now. Open your eyes and read next time, eh? All we want is a clarification. Are SGRAs still coming? If yes, when? My letter to GLAAD only stated that we are lacking any kind of information or update. It did not say... "Hey, GLAAD, go ahead and yell at EAWare to put SGRAs in pronto."

As stated, some of us ARE NOT playing, waiting on news regarding the way this content will be handled because we want to experience it. I, myself, have not played TOR seriously since a week after the Guild Summit, but have kept my subscription up and going during that entire time to support the company. Do I deserve to receive said content because of it? No more than anyone else. Do I deserve to know if said content is no longer coming so I can go ahead and finish the story line of my characters? I'd say I do. Do I deserve to know if said content has been postponed so that I can continue to wait patiently? Again, the answer would be yes, at least in my opinion.

If you believe that SGRAs will be the end of TOR, that's your opinion, but that doesn't mean it also gives you the right to come in and rant at us with the whole doom and gloom speech. No, we're not saying that your opinion doesn't matter, we're merely claiming that if you are going to ride in, telling us that what we want doesn't matter is counter-productive. All it will achieve is to aggravate us further, nothing more. If that is what you plan to accomplish, well then, I guess your posts will end up being on the reported list. So, do extend us the same courtesy that we extend you by not coming in the threads with the issues that concern you the most and starting to rant at how they're useless and how SGRA is more important.

Linthras
12.07.2012 , 01:01 AM | #3796
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
Can you show me one quote in which the word promised is used. Saying they had intended it to be in but now it isnt due to x factor isn't promised, things change.
In what culture do you live that saying: "I intend to do X' is not a promise?

Lent_San
12.07.2012 , 02:13 AM | #3797

Third, I've literally gotten that exact same CSR message about the Guild Summit when I came back to the game in September. After the Livestream, I would take that with the smallest grain of salt. I'm not trying to be negative, but I saw Uluain get the exact same message a few months back.
So if three of us got the same message, on at least two different continents, in at least two different languages, that leaves me with the impression this is, after all, the official wording that BW is still using and things mentioned haven't changed. Grain of salt is in order, but at least we have more info pointing towards SGR implementation than info saying otherwise.

Quote: Originally Posted by GaiusGracchus View Post
I've tiered down to FTP. Thanks again for the good discussions and info on this thread. If you see me running through the Republic Fleet station as my (now much poorer) Jedi Knight Janto, give a *wave* emote.
Take care,
GG
D'aw. I've told them the same thing, basically, when my sub first ran out, but I had to resub again to post here (kind of sad, isn't it ). I feel you. I'd wave, if I weren't on a totally different server than you.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
I do think out there are many more people that support this cause than we think, they're just not posting here. I do think a well moderated FB page could be worth thinking about, but it would need constant moderation. FB was made for trolling, it really sometimes seems that way. Gotta rush to work now, argh.

Galbatorrix
12.07.2012 , 07:17 AM | #3798
SGRA - Bioware states that they are coming, but they aren't sure exactly when.

Space Project - Bioware states that it's coming, but they don't know exactly when.

Level increase - Bioware states that it's coming, but they don't know exactly when.

Mekeb - Bioware states that it's coming, but they don't know exactly when.

Chapter 4 -Bioware states that it's coming, but they don't know exactly when.

There are tons of features that Bioware has stated are in the works that they don't have a firm date for. What makes your content any different than everyone else's? Why contact GLAAD in an effort to force Bioware to give you an answer (that they likely don't even know the answer too, as content/ETAs are subject to change) when ALL gaming companies do this with new content? Who made you guys the special snowflakes of the gaming world?

I really want a hood toggle to be added..... I wonder if there's an activist group I can call to force Bioware's hand on giving me a solid ETA...

gjpelrine
12.07.2012 , 07:45 AM | #3799
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
SGRA - Bioware states that they are coming this year (2012), but they aren't sure exactly when.

Space Project - Bioware states that it's coming, but they don't know exactly when.

Level increase - Bioware states that it's coming, but they don't know exactly when.

Mekeb - Bioware states that it's coming, but they don't know exactly when.

Chapter 4 -Bioware states that it's coming, but they don't know exactly when.

There are tons of features that Bioware has stated are in the works that they don't have a firm date for. What makes your content any different than everyone else's? Why contact GLAAD in an effort to force Bioware to give you an answer (that they likely don't even know the answer too, as content/ETAs are subject to change) when ALL gaming companies do this with new content? Who made you guys the special snowflakes of the gaming world?

I really want a hood toggle to be added..... I wonder if there's an activist group I can call to force Bioware's hand on giving me a solid ETA...
Fixed that for ya

blooddodo
12.07.2012 , 07:59 AM | #3800
Quote: Originally Posted by gjpelrine View Post
Quote:
SGRA - Bioware states that they are coming this year (2012), but they aren't sure exactly when.
Fixed that for ya
Provide link to relevant information, please.
You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?
dA gallery