Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
12.06.2012 , 02:34 PM | #3771
Hall Hood @hallhood-
@SamyMerchi For whatever it's worth, I'm entirely sympathetic to your situation. I've done what I can to help out.
~ 0400~GMT, 06/12/2012

D'aww

Edit: Herp derp, used the wrong time stamp from a different tweet. That's what I get for automatically reading the middle of the screen..

And I linked it this time

Edit edit: Totally unrelated funniness. I like to imagine it's all the detractors being "suddenly, gays!" then realising how sill they're being and getting over the whole thing, and going back to whining about how PvP imbalance is killing the game

QwibQwib
12.06.2012 , 03:13 PM | #3772
All of the feels <3
"Amor omnibus idem" - "Love is the same for all"

Linthras
12.06.2012 , 03:14 PM | #3773
Quote: Originally Posted by QwibQwib View Post
Made a thread in the Suggestion Box, using the invitation given when the "ETA on SGRAs?" thread was closed. Come and join me?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=567578
To quote a certain bank employee from South Park, Colorado:
"Aaaand it's gone..."

It's sad to see this is still such an issue that they cannot even give a simpel yes or no answer.
Never mind just doing the right thing and make the content already.
Been lurking here for a few days now, thanks everyone for the effort so far!

Nozybidaj
12.06.2012 , 04:43 PM | #3774
Quote: Originally Posted by Linthras View Post
It's sad to see this is still such an issue that they cannot even give a simpel yes or no answer.
Never mind just doing the right thing and make the content already.
Been lurking here for a few days now, thanks everyone for the effort so far!
Agreed it is pretty sad. They are definitely afraid of something, just what that is I don't know. Probably fear of losing more subs when they say "uh yeah we haven't done anything yet. we'll get back to you."

blooddodo
12.06.2012 , 04:56 PM | #3775
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
Agreed it is pretty sad. They are definitely afraid of something, just what that is I don't know. Probably fear of losing more subs when they say "uh yeah we haven't done anything yet. we'll get back to you."
Entirely possible. The last statement they made was that sgr will come when the story continues, and with the game going f2p and the massive layoffs nobody can tell you when that will come. Could be months, a year...
You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?
dA gallery

QwibQwib
12.06.2012 , 04:57 PM | #3776
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
Either that, or they have a policy against not revealing potential spoilers with regard to story content.
Hypothetical spoliers they might want to hide:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Or:
Spoiler

Because talking about SGRs might spoil you, even though they talk about OGRs in the blogs and Companions 101.

Tatile
12.06.2012 , 04:59 PM | #3777
Quote: Originally Posted by blooddodo View Post
Entirely possible. The last statement they made was that sgr will come when the story continues, and with the game going f2p and the massive layoffs nobody can tell you when that will come. Could be months, a year...
An update of anything, that they actually post publicly on the forums, would be appreciated, even if it is "Sorry, due to recent circumstances, story content has been delayed."

Ok, maybe not welcome. I certainly wouldn't be overjoyed at that news, but having Bioware just give us something, actually become the other half in this discussion, would be nice.

Palar
12.06.2012 , 06:12 PM | #3778
Honesty - it's not just a Billy Joel song.

(Yeah, I just showed my age, and fossilised taste in music. So shoot me)

gjpelrine
12.06.2012 , 07:31 PM | #3779
Anyone know who Evan Thomsen is? This is his facebook comment to the person who posted about GLAAD that I quoted previously:

Evan Thomsen: I'm not gay, and if I do a new character (I do like to have some alts, but I'm not an alt addict) I don't know if I'd do a same gender romance on the character if offered. But I have no issue with it. It's another choice for the character storyline. As long as patching such in doesn't derail other items that are still in development like Makeb, Cathar as a PC race and so forth, fine. If it does, then let those promised items patch in first, then see if budget allows new voice acting and so forth to patch it in.

After poking around on the SWTOR facebook site more I noticed he responds to almost all posts. Is he officially attached to SWTOR development? I noticed he even answers questions asked via twitter about SWTOR. I've never heard of him before??

QwibQwib
12.06.2012 , 07:43 PM | #3780
He sounds more like an involved fan, to me.