Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MusedMoose
06.10.2012 , 02:24 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by jgelling View Post
I don't believe Erickson's word when he says they're going to do something - because it usually doesn't get done. But I absolutely believe him when he says they're NOT going to do something - because they always follow through there - with the one exception of saying back in April they didn't need to merge servers and wouldn't do that.
So you'll believe him when he says something won't happen, even though some of those things have happened. But you won't believe him when he says something will happen, even though some of those things have happened. That makes no logical sense at all.

Quote: Originally Posted by jgelling View Post
You're free to keep on believing what they said when EA was paying the bills, but now they've said it won't happen this year, and after they fired Stephen Reid, have they even bothered to say it's still being worked on at all? Not that I'd believe them if they said it, but if they're not going to do anything with companions in the next 6 months when (theoretically) they'll be launching an update that raises the skill cap, you'll be romancing the ship droid until then.
No one from BioWare has said that SGRs will not happen this year. The last news we had was that they are coming this year. We have not had any word about SGRs since then. As I said before, SGRs are not the same thing as new companion dialogues and missions. Please stop spreading misinformation. I would also like to remind you that it was Mr. Erickson's word that SGRs are coming this year, not Stephen Reid's, so any further mention of Mr. Reid being involved or not is completely irrelevant.

Since you're clearly bound and determined to believe whatever you want regardless of logic and what people have actually said, I won't be responding to you again, as there's no point. Good day, sir.

Evil_Jashinist
06.10.2012 , 05:25 PM | #22
You tell 'em, Moose

Now to get back on track, new thread again? Sheesh, we've gone through at least five now, haven't we? Oo I'm glad this topic is still being discussed after all this time though. I really am looking forward to future SGR content, with male and female companions, and of course like many I have a few in my sights already *cough*Quinn and Risha*cough* but oh well!

I do hope we get a real update on this after the new patch though.

MusedMoose
06.10.2012 , 05:55 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Evil_Jashinist View Post
You tell 'em, Moose
Eh heh heh... I hope that didn't come off as mean. It just bothers me when people make all these claims that they can't back up and call BioWare's people liars while they're at it. It bothers me enough that I have to avoid most of the forums so I don't spend all day making posts like that. I'd eventually lose my temper and get myself in trouble, and I don't want to do that.

Now to get back on track, new thread again? Sheesh, we've gone through at least five now, haven't we? Oo I'm glad this topic is still being discussed after all this time though. I really am looking forward to future SGR content, with male and female companions, and of course like many I have a few in my sights already *cough*Quinn and Risha*cough* but oh well!
I think this is the sixth thread, yes. This is the longest thread I've ever been part of. And yeah, we can't have a SGR thread without everybody's wish list, can we? Mine remains: Kira, Mako, Nadia, and Ashara, though I wouldn't be against any female companion being available for SGRs. I'm not really interested in romancing male companions, but I'm not against any of them being available for SGRs either.

Though if my Smuggler wasn't already committed to Akaavi, I'd be asking for Corso to be SGR-able, because it would be oddly fitting. And Lt. Pierce seems like he'd be an awesome romance option for anyone, I love his attitude.

I do hope we get a real update on this after the new patch though.
If the rumors about patch 1.4 having a lot of companion content are true, I'm sure we will. BioWare didn't talk about 1.3 until 1.2 was done, so hopefully 1.3 will be out by the month's end, and we'll get some news. Fingers crossed and all that.

Rayla_Felana
06.10.2012 , 06:20 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
I think this is the sixth thread, yes. This is the longest thread I've ever been part of.
Back in the day, the SGRA threads would cap six times a day, never mind six times in total, those were the days, shame so many have left.

Chaac
06.10.2012 , 06:20 PM | #25

Now to get back on track, new thread again? Sheesh, we've gone through at least five now, haven't we?
Oooh this is nothing :P I remember pre-launch and pre-open beta when we had threads discussing if this would make it in and then following the "no" we first received, asking why not that went on for some 30+ incarnations. I think I met more people through that thread than I actually have through the game itself :P
Wedge: "I don't like this notion of dovin basal mines that pursue you."
Han: "Me, either. I'm going to draft a strongly worded letter to the Yuuzhan Vong high commander and insist he stop using them."

Rayla_Felana
06.10.2012 , 06:22 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaac View Post
Oooh this is nothing :P I remember pre-launch and pre-open beta when we had threads discussing if this would make it in and then following the "no" we first received, asking why not that went on for some 30+ incarnations. I think I met more people through that thread than I actually have through the game itself :P
Surely in total it was far more than thirty, I remember at least fifteen in the days when they had the poll about whether you'd use SGRAs.

That was truly a flame war, it was reminiscent of how the General Discussion is now.

Chaac
06.10.2012 , 06:54 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Surely in total it was far more than thirty, I remember at least fifteen in the days when they had the poll about whether you'd use SGRAs.

That was truly a flame war, it was reminiscent of how the General Discussion is now.
It probably was lol.

Ah the ways we used to pass time before we could actually play. I almost miss those days lol.
Wedge: "I don't like this notion of dovin basal mines that pursue you."
Han: "Me, either. I'm going to draft a strongly worded letter to the Yuuzhan Vong high commander and insist he stop using them."

Scotwest
06.10.2012 , 07:34 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
^Assumes they have to pay contracted voice actors anything more than they already do whatsoever or that EA would have to spend anything, they don't, they have already bought all they'll ever need, only thing that is still paid for is the servers and the wages of the dev team.
I don't mean to rain on the parade -- like you guys, I'm eagerly awaiting this feature -- but in the interests of not relying on false assumptions, the above is incorrect. I've worked in the animation industry, know a lot of voice actors, and none of them work for free, or can be called back for additional recordings without additional payment. If all the SGR material was performed and banked before launch and is just sitting on a HD at BioWare, waiting to be animated, that's one thing. But if they've assigned it to a writer, that means new recording sessions. Which means booking studios, engineers, and actors, the latter of whom are not contract players, but are paid on a per session basis. So in order to implement this feature, BW or EA or whomever is responsible will have to spend money.

Personally, I think it's worth the cost -- much more than whatever they're budgeting to increase the level cap. Hard core players will burn through the new levels pretty quickly and then likely start complaining about a lack of high level content again, but people who are interested in SGRs will reroll a class (even if they already have a level 50 and have completed the class storyline) and play the whole thing all over again from level 1 simply in order to experience that element. At any rate, I know I will.

But we should acknowledge that this does represent an additional expense at a time of corporate belt-tightening -- especially at BW -- and hope the fact that this subject has exceeded the thread capacity so often will remind them how important this feature is to a large percentage of their most enthusiastic customers.

Rayla_Felana
06.10.2012 , 07:41 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Scotwest View Post
I don't mean to rain on the parade -- like you guys, I'm eagerly awaiting this feature -- but in the interests of not relying on false assumptions, the above is incorrect. I've worked in the animation industry, know a lot of voice actors, and none of them work for free, or can be called back for additional recordings without additional payment. If all the SGR material was performed and banked before launch and is just sitting on a HD at BioWare, waiting to be animated, that's one thing. But if they've assigned it to a writer, that means new recording sessions. Which means booking studios, engineers, and actors, the latter of whom are not contract players, but are paid on a per session basis. So in order to implement this feature, BW or EA or whomever is responsible will have to spend money.

Personally, I think it's worth the cost -- much more than whatever they're budgeting to increase the level cap. Hard core players will burn through the new levels pretty quickly and then likely start complaining about a lack of high level content again, but people who are interested in SGRs will reroll a class (even if they already have a level 50 and have completed the class storyline) and play the whole thing all over again from level 1 simply in order to experience that element. At any rate, I know I will.

But we should acknowledge that this does represent an additional expense at a time of corporate belt-tightening -- especially at BW -- and hope the fact that this subject has exceeded the thread capacity so often will remind them how important this feature is to a large percentage of their most enthusiastic customers.
Actually BioWare themselves have stated long ago that they have all the important voice actors on their beck and call, for whenever they need, they have all of them on contract, much like they do with the majority of their franchises.

stuffystuffs
06.10.2012 , 07:51 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
Mine remains: Kira, Mako, Nadia, and Ashara, though I wouldn't be against any female companion being available for SGRs.
Mine: Kaliyo, Kira, Risha

LOL, we don't have much in common except for Kira...but everyone wants her (it's true! No one argue with me XD)
Node guarder