Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
10.31.2012 , 12:45 PM | #2811
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
I'm guessing: not every class will have an SGRA available for each gender.

Congrats Female Inquisitor! You waited 1+ year for SGRA's and get none!
If they do that I'm going to be so bloody pissed on principle.

I just... ugh... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

stuffystuffs
10.31.2012 , 01:00 PM | #2812
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
If they do that I'm going to be so bloody pissed on principle.

I just... ugh... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Yeah.

Well, they could make everyone available except one female for the IA and SW so technically not everyone is available but each class has 1 male/1 female...

...but I don't see that happening.
Node guarder

Tatile
10.31.2012 , 01:17 PM | #2813
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
Yeah.

Well, they could make everyone available except one female for the IA and SW so technically not everyone is available but each class has 1 male/1 female...

...but I don't see that happening.
It would be nice to know if they have plans for every class to get a same-sex romance option, with either sex, with current companions. Future companions I couldn't give any less of a toss about - they don't exist yet.

Uluain
10.31.2012 , 05:27 PM | #2814
I have been in touch with Allison, possibly due to going axe-crazy on General earlier. I think I laid out the issues I have with the handling of this well. I'll see what I get in reply. The latest was a reiteration of the familiar:

Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman
We know you are frustrated that there is no new information to share, but I can assure you again that the Community Team is well-aware of your concerns and is working to bring more information as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Tatile
10.31.2012 , 05:32 PM | #2815
Just a bit of a "shut up and leave us alone, we're 'working'" in there or is it just me?

You think maybe they have an idea that we might - just maybe - want a teeny tiny bit of information on this subject? Just a little hint...

natashina
10.31.2012 , 06:02 PM | #2816
Trick or treaters are about to show up. Got my witchy black velvet dress on, with my cloak and my devil horns. I figured I'd swing by here real quick and show you the fully updated Disney question.

Update: 10/30 10) Isn't Disney opposed to same sex marriage?

On October 30th, it was officially announced that Disney had bought out LucasArts and LucasFilms. This has lead to understandable questions about Disney and the LGBT community.

To begin with, Disney currently offers benefits for same sex couples and has for years.
This is from the official website.

Quote:
Disney is committed to the total well-being — physical, emotional and financial — of our employees and cast members. Disney Healthy Pursuits is the collection of benefits and wellness programs we offer our employees to support them in their pursuits of a healthier life. In 2009, as part of Disney Healthy Pursuits, we launched a new Wellness Rewards Program. Employees who participate are eligible for financial incentives in return for making healthy choices. Currently, the Wellness Rewards Program is part of a multi-year approach to recognize employees who are taking healthy steps and getting results. Employees can earn up to $300 (or double if their spouse or same-sex domestic partner also participates) to help offset their healthcare costs. As of November 30, 2010, 54% of eligible employees had completed the Personal Health Assessment required to qualify for the program.

Quote:
One of Disney’s foundational values is to respect, appreciate and value everyone. In keeping with this philosophy, same-sex domestic partners are considered dependents and are eligible for benefits.

Recently, same sex marriages started to be performed at Tokyo Disney, with a relevant part to the US.

Quote:
In the U.S., same-sex couples have been allowed to hold commitment ceremonies at Walt Disney World in Florida and Disneyland in Southern California for years.
And although Disney had previously limited its pricey "Fairy Tale Wedding" package -- which includes a ceremony at one of the parks' marriage pavilions, costumed characters at the reception, and a ride in a horse-drawn, glass-enclosed carriage through the Disney property -- to couples with valid marriage licenses, the company changed its policy in April 2007 to include couples entering civil partnerships after an inquiry from a gay guest.
According to The Washington Post, gay couples can take advantage of the "Fairy Tale Wedding" package at Disney's U.S. theme parks and aboard its cruise ships, even if the ceremony is not technically legal.

Finally, Marvel Comics, owned by Disney, has an interracial gay couple from the X-Men series married as of June of this year.

There is no reason to believe that SGRs in The Old Republic will be cut because of Disney's viewpoint.

Anyway, have a safe and fun Halloween everyone!

Palar
10.31.2012 , 06:25 PM | #2817
"We know you are frustrated that there is no new information to share, but I can assure you again that the Community Team is well-aware of your concerns and is working to bring more information as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!"

Evidently, they're sticking to the 'this year' statement. With that assumption, I have a wild idea - go down to the writers' room, fish out the scripts and check who's the SGR-LI for each Class (if each Class is getting them).

Bang - people will know which planet to stop at/which companion to wait on, while we wait for the technical side of things to be fleshed out by the Voice-Over/Animation departments.

(And on the off-chance those scripts aren't finished - it's November, what the **** have they been doing all year?)

Revanchis
10.31.2012 , 07:05 PM | #2818
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
"We know you are frustrated that there is no new information to share, but I can assure you again that the Community Team is well-aware of your concerns and is working to bring more information as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!"

Evidently, they're sticking to the 'this year' statement. With that assumption, I have a wild idea - go down to the writers' room, fish out the scripts and check who's the SGR-LI for each Class (if each Class is getting them).

Bang - people will know which planet to stop at/which companion to wait on, while we wait for the technical side of things to be fleshed out by the Voice-Over/Animation departments.

(And on the off-chance those scripts aren't finished - it's November, what the **** have they been doing all year?)
It'd be nice to know at the very least if we have to stop our classes at all. I don't want to miss the Dorne romance, but at the same time she's so interesting to talk to.

stormdrakelord
10.31.2012 , 07:08 PM | #2819
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post

Honestly, I am hoping for Temple at this point. Should fit my Agent well (Agent is also light side, except when she feels compelled to go Darkside, which is only to please keeper and not get into trouble, so not often.)
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

Tatile
10.31.2012 , 07:13 PM | #2820
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanchis View Post
It'd be nice to know at the very least if we have to stop our classes at all. I don't want to miss the Dorne romance, but at the same time she's so interesting to talk to.
Maybe we should PM Ms. Berryman or Mr. Gonazlez and ask, I get the feeling someone hasn't realised that the questions we're asking are actually important to the nature of this content.

(I have no chocolate, snappy unhappy times commence )