Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

stormdrakelord
10.05.2012 , 12:16 PM | #2171
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I thought Elara was a romance option, though?
Just makes no sense for her to be a romance option, considering her character.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

stuffystuffs
10.05.2012 , 12:32 PM | #2172
Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
Just makes no sense for her to be a romance option, considering her character.
That has no bearing on her availability for SGRA specifically because she is a romance option.

Regardless, she's an option and you don't have to romance her if you don't think it makes sense.

Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Well, technically, they never specifically said "current companions". It is a reasonable inference, but the statements could as easily have applied to companions already designed and/or written whom we have yet to meet. I personally do think the remarks referred to current companions, particularly given the leaks regarding Makeb.
I'm remembering now that the very first statement on this feature did state that it would be with new companions.

At this point in time, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't add it at all.
Node guarder

Tatile
10.05.2012 , 12:36 PM | #2173
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
At this point in time, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't add it at all.
Mr. Gonzalez did say that the statement from the Guild Summit still stands, but like you I find that hard to believe. I realise that Bioware have made all these promises about content post-F2P but I still think they're going to drop story content entirely and just churn out crap they can shove in the cash shop. It's a real pity as I enjoy the class stories and would have enjoyed possible romance options, but I have two strapping men in Guild Wars 2 I can play with.

Sudden urge to pester Ms. Berryman again. Should I perhaps CC Mr. Gonzalez?

Uluain
10.05.2012 , 01:40 PM | #2174
I was looking for a recent (past week or two) post on the Dev Tracker where Allison specifically said that they are certainly still adding story in the future. This was a misunderstanding over a remark that immediate goals were for more group content, more often with story updates less frequent but much larger when they do come.

The September Announcement was ambiguous as to whether current or future companions were meant, and Reid clarified at the time that he could not promise current companions would be available. Erickson's statement in March seemed to lean toward current companions but in fact the point has never yet been clarified.

I don't know what bugging Allison can do, but by all means CC Joveth as well. He's not a bad guy. A point to make might be that we don't have any info on SGRs originating from anyone still with BioWare Austin, as Daniel Erickson has announced his departure from the studio. Mr. Reid left some time ago.

Uluain
10.05.2012 , 01:45 PM | #2175
And it has been a while, so to keep this accessible for escalating to the attention of those who can answer if those who can permit them permit it, here's the summary of Things We'd Really Like To Know, Please:

• Will same-gender relationships be available with current companions?
  • If so, with which?
  • Will same-gender relationships be available for all eight classes?
  • If not, with which?
  • Will new relationship options be available to characters who have already fully progressed companion stories?
  • Is the awaited same-gender content on the schedule to be released with Makeb?
  • Are we still on track to see that content this year?
  • Will same-gender romance require an in-game credit or cartel coin (or any other similar) expense to unlock?

Some of these questions date back to beta testing. Others are more recent, arising from changes at BioWare Austin and in the direction of the game. Clarification of any would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tatile
10.05.2012 , 02:09 PM | #2176
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
I don't know what bugging Allison can do, but by all means CC Joveth as well. He's not a bad guy. A point to make might be that we don't have any info on SGRs originating from anyone still with BioWare Austin, as Daniel Erickson has announced his departure from the studio. Mr. Reid left some time ago.
It'll just be this message again, most likely though of course that has yet to be answered.

wainot-keel
10.05.2012 , 03:03 PM | #2177
I didn't say that, just that Elara is a by-the-book kind of girl, and sleeping with her commanding officer might be breaking regulations/rules, no matter the gender. that, and I personally can't see her in a romance at all.
This is what you said:

Elara Dorne for example, makes no sense for a woman in the military known for never breaking rules and regulations should even be in a romance with her male commanding officer (Trooper). Change the boss to a female, it makes even less sense.
Clearly, you're saying that Elara sleeping with a female officer is more nonsensical than Elara sleeping with a male officer. Do you consider the the former a more serious infraction and that's why "makes lense sense" ? Or what ? Why the difference ?

stormdrakelord
10.05.2012 , 05:53 PM | #2178
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
This is what you said:

Clearly, you're saying that Elara sleeping with a female officer is more nonsensical than Elara sleeping with a male officer. Do you consider the the former a more serious infraction and that's why "makes lense sense" ? Or what ? Why the difference ?
Just because I said it makes less sense does not mean it is an infraction. Her character is that of a stuffy imperial-born by-the-book girl.

There are forms that can be signed to allow romantic relations but in my mind her character makes it hard for me to imagine her with her superior officer, male or female, with the female trooper making less sense because Elara would have more reservations about it.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

Tatile
10.05.2012 , 06:03 PM | #2179
...with the female trooper making less sense because Elara would have more reservations about it.
I don't have a Trooper, so I can't see for myself, but does Elara act significantly differently towards female Troopers than she does towards male Troopers (apart from Bioware's obvious "All companions are straight" angle)?

Baptes
10.05.2012 , 06:25 PM | #2180
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Mr. Gonzalez did say that the statement from the Guild Summit still stands, but like you I find that hard to believe. I realise that Bioware have made all these promises about content post-F2P but I still think they're going to drop story content entirely and just churn out crap they can shove in the cash shop. It's a real pity as I enjoy the class stories and would have enjoyed possible romance options, but I have two strapping men in Guild Wars 2 I can play with.

Sudden urge to pester Ms. Berryman again. Should I perhaps CC Mr. Gonzalez?
Well Daniel Ericson is gone, and Alex Freed (writer of the Agent storyline, which some say is the best of them all) is gone as well.

Writers leaving the ship (just reading DE's new job hunting twitter says loads) just seems to say story is going to take a very large vacation while they work on new ways to make sell-able gamble box content.