Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

elexier
01.17.2012 , 10:16 AM | #1
And I do not mean the same copy paste message that gets thrown onto every topic that discusses this, I mean no offense to the admins but a bit of clarification would be nice.

Things to clarify:

1 - A rough eta on same sex relationships (flirting ect) Were not after a nailed down etched in stone, be all end all date, Just a rough idea. A week/Month maybe 3 ect ?

2 - Those that happen to pick the "wrong" gender at creation are currently missing out with regards to there story arc, In my example Female sentinel missing out with Kira. There are 2 ways I see to fix this.

2a - Re-write those sections to include the same options for both genders and allow players already past to "Redo" there conversations. (Bit difficult and a lot of reworking)

2b - Create equivalent content for same gender romance at level 50 (or once the CURRENT story arc is finished) So by the end of it EVERYONE has had the same options REGARDLESS of the gender they chose.

3 - This is more of a given I think, but will there be more customization options for your companions. For example something to just change your companions hair color or skin tone. (I say its a given because its something so obvious that can be expanded upon and require very little work)

These are the questions to the Developers.

My question to the forum baring in mind we already know more companions are coming with these options enabled already.

Witch do you prefer option 2a or option 2b ?

Ps - Due to threads being closed due to flame wars ect, please keep it civil and just ignore/report those that attempt to start one, And please stay on topic. I will update a count of witch is preferred every 2 days or so. (WTB poll option)

elexier
01.17.2012 , 10:20 AM | #2
------Reserved for poll results

Witch is preferred option 2a or 2b in the above post.

I THINK ITS A LANDSLIDE VICTORY

Option 2a - 24

Option 2b - 7

Option 3 - 1
It has come to my attention that there appears to be a THIRD option so I am Including it here rather than the main post.

OPTION 3 (Its all becomes clear please read)

FIRST - At the character creation screen, just after you select your gender you get to pick your ROMANCE PREFERENCE.

Straight - Male > Female or Male > Female, romance options (You can ONLY romance the opposite sex)

Bi - Male > Male, Female > Female, Male > Female, Female > Male, (You can romance ANYONE that is romancable)

Homosexual/Lesbian - Male > Male, Female > Female. (Only those of the same sex)

Asexual (I think thats the right word) - No Romance options ever appear.

SECONDLY - Make EVERY single romancable companion BISEXUAL, This is crucial for this to work and you will see why in a moment.

THIRDLY - When the romance options normally appear the game does a quick check to see the characters preference and acts accordingly.

FORTH and FINAL - Reset EVERY ONES companion quests to the beginning, Not only would this put EVERYONE on the same page, But also allow those that wish to to record (using fraps or whatever) there own little companion story if they wish.

Unless I am very much mistaken Very little or even No dialog actually need to change, (Unless there is specific gender references any of the conversations. (ie one calling the other boy/guy or girl/woman. And even if there is it would take all of what 2 min to record an appropriate line.

This allows....

Those that do not wish to "See" the options able to toggle them off at creation, Or heck they can get rid of the romances altogether if they so desire.

------------Witch ones---------------

It has come to my attention that there are some people that belive only certain ones should be Bi/gay so simple question witch ones. (Ill try to keep up with you lot :P)

Kira Carsen
Doc
Zenith
LT Iresso
Theran Cedrex
Nadia Grell
Andronikus Revel
Ashara Zavros
Vette
Jaesa Willsaam
Malavi Quinn
LT Pierce
Aric Jorgan
Elara Dorne
Corso Riggs
Risha
Alcavi Spaar
Mako
Torian Caldera
Kaliyo Djannis
Vector Hyllis
Ensign Raia Temple

Take from http://www.hotrodacc.com/swtor/comp.html, If I missed one let me know.

Vote away.

Zilrota
06.09.2012 , 07:57 PM | #3
Hello everyone.

Because the previous thread has exceeded our normal threshold for thread length, we've started this new thread for the community to discuss the how and when of implementation of same-gender romances in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Please keep your discussions related to the game. Discussions regarding real-life politics, morality and religion do not belong in this thread or anywhere else on the forums. We ask that all replies be on-topic, constructive and respectful, or else they will be removed.

Our official statement:

Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid
Due to the design constraints of a fully voiced MMO of this scale and size, many choices had to be made as to the launch and post-launch feature set. Same gender romances with companion characters in Star Wars: The Old Republic will be a post-launch feature. Because The Old Republic is an MMO, the game will live on through content expansions which allow us to include content and features that could not be included at launch, including the addition of more companion characters who will have additional romance options.
As a gentle reminder: Discussion of the implementation of toggles to filter same gender romance options is considered discriminatory language and is neither appropriate nor allowed on the forums. Posts along this vein of discussion will be removed. This thread is for the discussion of the how and when of implementation of same gender romances. Please stay constructive, on topic, and be kind to your fellow forum members. If you see someone who is breaking the forum rules, do not respond; please flag their post and the Community Team will investigate. Flag, don't fight!

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things in mind when responding:
  • Stay on Target - Please keep discussion on topic.
  • Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Disruptive - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.

For anyone who wishes to discuss [Flirt] options, please do know that we also have a thread for that discussion in the Suggestion Box.

Thank you and enjoy the discussion!

Tessaril
06.09.2012 , 11:14 PM | #4
Hi All,

Looks like there is a new incarnation of this thread and would be a good opportunity for me to delurk and add my support to the topic.

Like most of you I am eagerly awaiting news about SGRAs and how they will manifest for my already leveled characters.
I'm really hoping Mako and Elara are both on the list

Lent_San
06.09.2012 , 11:43 PM | #5
Corso Riggs.
C'mon, we all *cough* know he wants to be one of the chosen few.

timidobserver
06.09.2012 , 11:45 PM | #6
wow is this topic still kicking around.
Hi.

Zandilar
06.10.2012 , 04:02 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by timidobserver View Post
wow is this topic still kicking around.
And likely to still be kicking around after SGRA are in, in one form or another.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

MusedMoose
06.10.2012 , 07:00 AM | #8
First page of a new thread yet again... I've lost count of what number this is. But let's hope it's in this thread we get actual information on when SGRs are coming, yah?

INCOMING INFODUMP:
Suaine's summation of all information and quotes we had about SGRs prior to the guild summit.
Natashina's SGR Q&A - if you have a question, check here first, odds are good you'll find the answer.
The Guild Summit video that includes information about SGRs - click on the bit that says 21:02 in the 'top comments' section.

Hope that will be helpful to newcomers. Let's keep this rolling.

jgelling
06.10.2012 , 07:15 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
First page of a new thread yet again... I've lost count of what number this is. But let's hope it's in this thread we get actual information on when SGRs are coming, yah?

INCOMING INFODUMP:
Suaine's summation of all information and quotes we had about SGRs prior to the guild summit.
Natashina's SGR Q&A - if you have a question, check here first, odds are good you'll find the answer.
The Guild Summit video that includes information about SGRs - click on the bit that says 21:02 in the 'top comments' section.

Hope that will be helpful to newcomers. Let's keep this rolling.
Did that post seriously reference the phrase "writer soon" - yeah, somehow I just think this feature won't ever happen. They can't even do hood toggles when they were talking about those 3 months ago, or add in Nightmare mode, or fix Ilum after 5 months, etc. - the idea they're scripting and recording flirt options and editing cinematics strikes me as unlikely. And they fired the guy that promised this.

Has the new community manager said anything?

They already said they're not adding to companions in any of the grab bag they announced at E3.

Rayla_Felana
06.10.2012 , 07:21 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jgelling View Post
Did that post seriously reference the phrase "writer soon" - yeah, somehow I just think this feature won't ever happen. They can't even do hood toggles when they were talking about those 3 months ago - the idea they're scripting and recording flirt options and editing cinematics strikes me as unlikely. And they fired the guy that promised this.

Has the new community manager said anything?
Someone missed the part where they have said they've written SO much in the last year, they are far far ahead of anything we've ever seen, the SGRA content is coming with the major story content update, that could be as early as 1.4 given the hints towards companion heavy content.