Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LovarBoy
06.14.2012 , 10:58 AM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogoo View Post
Precisely. They should have learned by now.

The problem is that there is only ONE acceptable solution. A very simple one:

An option to:

- Transfers to PvP server
- Transfers to a RP-PvE server

Seriously, there is nothing to evaluate or think about here.
They thinking about the transfer fee...^^

$ 10,99
$ 12,99
$ 14,99
$ 16,99
$ 19.99

per Character - mhm, a difficult decision...

If they are working on a solution why don't they tell us anything? Oh a yellow post down there!

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

I've seen a lot of back and forth from RPers that want people to stay on their servers and from people that want to option to transfer out to a different PvP server. There are, understandably, concerns on both sides.

My question to you all: as a community on one of these three servers, what ideal solutions do you folks have in mind? I'm not saying we have the capability of doing anything, but I genuinely want to hear your thoughts.Thank you!

Choice:

RP-PvP --> RP-PvE
RP-PvP --> PvP

I know that it might be "unfair" if ONLY RP-PvP servers will get a choice where to go - I know people will complain about that. But yeah, better to do that instead of cutting RP-PvP players off right now.

Rogoo
06.14.2012 , 10:59 AM | #502
Hi folks,

I've seen a lot of back and forth from RPers that want people to stay on their servers and from people that want to option to transfer out to a different PvP server. There are, understandably, concerns on both sides.

My question to you all: as a community on one of these three servers, what ideal solutions do you folks have in mind? I'm not saying we have the capability of doing anything, but I genuinely want to hear your thoughts.Thank you!
Hey Joveth. Thank you for an answer.

My suggestion would be to give us choice. Like I posted just above. Give us two options:

- Let us transfer to a populated PvP server
- Let us transfer to a RP-PvE server

This way, you avoid the aribtrary decision about the ruleset, and make everybody who want to transfer, pretty happy.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Elfindreams
06.14.2012 , 11:01 AM | #503
No, no, no. And once again no. Let us OUT of this ghost town. Why would anyone would want to transfer to our DEAD server anyway ?

Also people with non-RP names on a RP server, completely beats the purpose when there is no character naming policy being enforced.
Actually there is a naming policy and it is enforced.
The policy: http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct (there is a section on Naming)

And if you report an inappropriate name they do indeed enforce it. Now do they go through and manually review the names themselves, no. But if you started reporting them would you see a lot less of them, yes.
The Jade Legacy Ebon Hawk
[Nova Imperium] [The Crescent Order]

agmike
06.14.2012 , 11:01 AM | #504

Choice of transfer to either PVP or RP-PVE server would be best for me.

Jerro
06.14.2012 , 11:01 AM | #505
Hi folks,

I cant speak for all of us on Lord Calypho, but i think most of us are happy to transfer to a "normal" pvp server. I dont think merge all EU RP-PVP to 1 is the best solution but ill take that one as well Optimal solution would be the option to choose RP server or PVP server. Thank you for posting and show interest in our concerns.

LovarBoy
06.14.2012 , 11:02 AM | #506
It's nice to see a CM react now.

Lord_Karsk
06.14.2012 , 11:02 AM | #507
Just merg all rp-pvp servers in EU.People talk in their own language and stick to their own no matter what.
And i dont think anyone will mind.

Elfindreams
06.14.2012 , 11:03 AM | #508
Hey Joveth. Thank you for an answer.

My suggestion would be to give us choice. Like I posted just above. Give us two options:

- Let us transfer to a populated PvP server
- Let us transfer to a RP-PvE server

This way, you avoid the aribtrary decision about the ruleset, and make everybody who want to transfer, pretty happy.
How about
-> PvP
-> RP-PvE
-> Joined RP-PvP (*)

(*) by Joined RP-PvP I mean take the three EU (I know there are language issues) and join them into one -or- provide the option to transfer to a US RP-PvP (not ideal due to latency, but some people would consider it worth it, probably east coast to lessen the latency as much as possible).
The Jade Legacy Ebon Hawk
[Nova Imperium] [The Crescent Order]

Xarimath
06.14.2012 , 11:05 AM | #509
Make available the transfer for two type of servers :

- RP-PVE
- PVP

I think that there are a lot of roleplayer that want continue their activity on a populated server and they'll chose an RP-PVE server.

The people that want do PVP they should go on a PVP server.

Anyway, thanks for giving the transfer BioWare. Now the servers are populated like february/march!

Bring it on and listen the community
Jariel, your friendly neighborhood sentinel.

MorbidX
06.14.2012 , 11:05 AM | #510
Hi folks,

For myself and alot of my guild rolling on RP PVP was a mistake. Our consensus is to shut lord calypho down, transfer anyone wanting to rp-pvp to the french or german rp pvp server which has just had a merge and let everyone else move to a pvp server.

since early access i've not witnessed a single bit of RP on lord calypho and neither has guild mates