Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collector's Edition Upgrade

Krislosch
08.23.2012 , 03:14 AM | #21
Who would really get up-set if they made it so you can buy it via internet. I bet they can make a lot more money that way and for the people who would cry over it need to open the lid to their box and realize there is a world out there.

jasondscott
09.25.2012 , 09:37 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Krislosch View Post
Who would really get up-set if they made it so you can buy it via internet. I bet they can make a lot more money that way and for the people who would cry over it need to open the lid to their box and realize there is a world out there.
Besides, they could just charge the difference between a regular box and the CE and I think people would be happy and all you, "You shoulda bought the CE in the beginning!" folks wouldn't have anything to whine about if they paid the same $ as you.

Jacen_Starsolo
09.25.2012 , 10:14 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Alxandria View Post
I don't want the whole collector's edition + game.

I just wanna pay like, $10, $25 or whatever and upgrade my account so I can access the Collector's Edition vendor.

I'm curious if this will ever be available. I don't care about the physical stuff, just that vendor.
25? You are so close to 30 which Gamestop sells it for if you can find a local store still with copies. Even on eBay you can get sealed copies for a little more than that too. Plus someone linked another place online selling them for 35 including shipping.

And they add 30 days to your sub. So you'd be better off buying it the way I said above.

theborch
09.25.2012 , 10:49 AM | #24
I just bought someone's disc off eBay for $20. You can then add the activation code to your account and it it upgrades you to CE and gives you all the in game stuff.
The Bastion - The BaconStrips Legacy
DukeOfCypress LVL 52 Rage Jugg * WhiskeyLube LVL 50 Seer Sage * PantsHammer LVL 50 Sawbones Scoundrel

Arlon_Nabarlly
09.25.2012 , 10:59 AM | #25
Redacted, realized I miss read the txt.

These are not the droids you're looking for, move along.

Redat
09.25.2012 , 11:13 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ya no, that would be undermining any person who bought the full CE because they paid a lot of money for everything including the in-game stuff.

I just had to laugh, they said the same thing about the pre-order items in STO "they will never appear in the store" until they change their minds 3 weeks later lol, This kit will end up on the store, guarantee it

BlitzyStarchaser
09.25.2012 , 11:24 AM | #27
I imagine most of that stuff will probably appear in the cartel store in a per character basis.

Jacen_Starsolo
09.25.2012 , 11:38 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by theborch View Post
I just bought someone's disc off eBay for $20. You can then add the activation code to your account and it it upgrades you to CE and gives you all the in game stuff.
Hope it was sealed. Some on eBay are just selling the disks without the code. Basically, worthless disks since install them and you have to run all the updates.

Wolfninjajedi
09.25.2012 , 11:40 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Redat View Post
I just had to laugh, they said the same thing about the pre-order items in STO "they will never appear in the store" until they change their minds 3 weeks later lol, This kit will end up on the store, guarantee it
Wow nice going replying to a post thats 3(rather 4) months old there. Why did this thread get necro'd?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Blackavaar
09.25.2012 , 11:44 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Alxandria View Post
I don't want the whole collector's edition + game.

I just wanna pay like, $10, $25 or whatever and upgrade my account so I can access the Collector's Edition vendor.

I'm curious if this will ever be available. I don't care about the physical stuff, just that vendor.
Nope. You're going to have to buy the box. But look at it this way, the box is half the price it was when many of us bought it. Just buy it and count yourself lucky.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]