Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cathar as a Playable Species

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Cathar as a Playable Species

Calethan
01.09.2013 , 03:02 PM | #251
So after looking around for a while, I still can't seem to find any ETA on Cathar. Are they supposed to be part of the Hutt Cartel expansion set?

jankiel
02.17.2013 , 05:54 PM | #252
Is this still alive?
Coris of The Progenitor
Mandalorian Hunters & Razorwing

GSF Pilot Master Race

VPhantomWarriorV
02.17.2013 , 05:57 PM | #253
I would rather have something that I would actually play as, like Wookies.
Akuresh | Varuc

JediMB
02.17.2013 , 07:54 PM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by VPhantomWarriorV View Post
I would rather have something that I would actually play as, like Wookies.
That's about as likely as getting to play as a Rancor, though.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

jovianus
02.18.2013 , 02:23 AM | #255
Man, can't we get some actual aliens? Instead of just green/blue/furry/blind humans?

How about Ithorian? Kel-Dor? Mon Calamari? Nautolan? Rodian? Given that race is purely cosmetic in this game, it seems like a broader selection should be a no-brainer, especially when they all ready have models in the game.

I'd gladly throw money at the Cartel Market to roll out with an Ithorian Consular, or Rodian Smuggler.

Asheris
02.18.2013 , 04:40 AM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by jovianus View Post
Man, can't we get some actual aliens? Instead of just green/blue/furry/blind humans?

How about Ithorian? Kel-Dor? Mon Calamari? Nautolan? Rodian? Given that race is purely cosmetic in this game, it seems like a broader selection should be a no-brainer, especially when they all ready have models in the game.

I'd gladly throw money at the Cartel Market to roll out with an Ithorian Consular, or Rodian Smuggler.
Not going to happen, both races don't speak Basic.
It's been stated time and over that onyl Basic-speaking races will be available for players.

Dremacilus
02.18.2013 , 09:51 AM | #257
Quote: Originally Posted by Asheris View Post
Not going to happen, both races don't speak Basic.
It's been stated time and over that onyl Basic-speaking races will be available for players.
There's no reason why a lettered Rodian can't exist...or a Mon Calamari that had a multilingual dad...or an Ithorian who grew up in an orphanage where basic was spoken by the care-takers....language isn't the reason we can't have actual aliens.. The reason is that they estimate that the profit they will get from doing so will be minimal compared to the cost of developing drastically different models, refining some animations, etc. Also, there is the widespread thinking that players want to be able to identify with their characters and therefore most hardcorish-mmoers who don't care a lot about the lore itself (and hardcorish mmoers are the money-cow in this business) , won't be able to identify with anything drastically non-human.

Asheris
02.19.2013 , 12:46 AM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by Dremacilus View Post
There's no reason why a lettered Rodian can't exist...or a Mon Calamari that had a multilingual dad...or an Ithorian who grew up in an orphanage where basic was spoken by the care-takers....language isn't the reason we can't have actual aliens.. The reason is that they estimate that the profit they will get from doing so will be minimal compared to the cost of developing drastically different models, refining some animations, etc. Also, there is the widespread thinking that players want to be able to identify with their characters and therefore most hardcorish-mmoers who don't care a lot about the lore itself (and hardcorish mmoers are the money-cow in this business) , won't be able to identify with anything drastically non-human.
Wrong.
Some species just CAN'T speak Basic because of their physiology.

Profit is another factor, not many people would like to play something non-human, no matter how many times lore-lovers post here.

SilentKitty
02.19.2013 , 10:43 AM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
I'm waiting to make a second Vanguard so I can see Jorgan's reaction to my Cathar f!trooper walking in the room.
Let's hope that there will be some dialogue in the romance-arc that reflects that the f!trooper is a Cathar. I would love to see that in game. Will be a little sad if it isn't mentioned at all.

*keeping all fingers crossed*

Elisaveta
02.19.2013 , 11:50 AM | #260
I wish I could play as a wookie or a hutt =/
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
Carl Sagan