Czerka Crate-O-Matic

Barrgil

I've read through some Google searches that this item has dropped from random lockboxes in certain crew skills. I was just wondering if anyone has this item, and if so, how did you get it?

I also heard this was the rarest item in the game so far, the unique czerka invention that Bioware was talking about but it isn't Legendary quality.

Any ideas?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Google, you can loot it from

-treasure hunting lockbox. I suppose it also work with slicing lockbox, but unconfirmed.

-36commendations mark corellia purple artifact box

-random loot (at least on Ilum, unconfirmed for others planet)

However, according to G. Zoeller

The rarest one of all, at this point, being a very unique Czerka invention that, so far, only two players (out of 1.85 billion loot checks at that level) have looted since the game launched.

Have fun !

Didn't know the item, totally useless. I need it. Badly.

From what I understand you can get them from the Corellia comms vendor boxes ( the 36 ones) or as a drop from a prototype box from Treasure Hunting...but this is just from researching various SWTOR database sites, not from any concrete evidence.

Nice item, not so nice that I'd try to grind it out.

I've read through some Google searches that this item has dropped from random lockboxes in certain crew skills. I was just wondering if anyone has this item, and if so, how did you get it?

I also heard this was the rarest item in the game so far, the unique czerka invention that Bioware was talking about but it isn't Legendary quality.

Any ideas?

There's already a thread on this with more info -- http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=374898

• 2 weeks later...
I have one of these. Dropped off a mob in Ilum (I think it was a Talz? It was a while ago). Never knew it was that rare at all until used it in a 16man op and everyone starting going apecrap. I've used it several times and it still says that its Bind On Equip (e.g. not bound).

• 2 weeks later...

I got it yesterday, don't ask me where. Drunken questing very likely.

It surrounds you in a red sphere and turns your character invisible.

You can still be targeted, and your nameplate is still visible, you can not move.

Re-usable, tradeable, still shows Bind on Equip. It is not a slotted item (you dont have anywhere to equip it).

It's a right-click on use.

• 2 weeks later...
Know this topic has been quiet for a bit, but I just got it as a drop yesterday in a HM Flashpoint (Maelstrom Prison). It dropped from Colonel Daksh. Pretty useless, no other secrets left to report other than that :)

Mind posting some screenshots of it, and the on use effect?

How do I take in game-screenshots (I know, noob question). I tried just using the Print Screen key, but it didn't work.

Interestingly enough, a crate doesn't even appear around my character when I activate the item. I just turn invisible for I believe 15s, but I'll double check later after work.

There's a 2 minute cooldown on the ability and you can't move while invisible (or in the crate, since the photo above seems to show a crate). It says Bind On Equip, although there's no way to equip it. It's tradeable, but I haven't tried putting it on the GTN yet (I'm assuming it can't be sold that way).

While in the crate (or invisible), you have an effect among your buffs that says either "Disguise!" or "Disguised!".

Perhaps I need to be on a higher quality (currently running medium) in order to see crate. I'll test more later and take pictures for proof.

How do I take in game-screenshots (I know, noob question). I tried just using the Print Screen key, but it didn't work.

Interestingly enough, a crate doesn't even appear around my character when I activate the item. I just turn invisible for I believe 15s, but I'll double check later after work.

There's a 2 minute cooldown on the ability and you can't move while invisible (or in the crate, since the photo above seems to show a crate). It says Bind On Equip, although there's no way to equip it. It's tradeable, but I haven't tried putting it on the GTN yet (I'm assuming it can't be sold that way).

While in the crate (or invisible), you have an effect among your buffs that says either "Disguise!" or "Disguised!".

Perhaps I need to be on a higher quality (currently running medium) in order to see crate. I'll test more later and take pictures for proof.

Print Screen works, it just saves the image automatically. Look in your My Documents folder, there's a screenshots folder under the game folder.

Here are the pictures as requested. In the first one, the item is in the bottom left of my inventory, and I also have the ability on my right hand toolbar.

http://i46.tinypic.com/8zp6qe.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/11t7b60.jpg (The red circles only appear as you're turning invisible with the item, they disappear in a few seconds)

Awesome, thanks!

Do other players see you as the crate that was linked above?

It's extremely bugged at the moment. Sometimes it shows you in a crate if you interrupt the cast. But most of the time it just makes you permanently invisible lol.

It is a different crate every time ( I believe 3-4 styles) 2nd screenshot shows the crate. It only shows a crate if you unclick the ability about .5-1 second after activation and it lasts 1 second. I wish they would fix it!

http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/8702463/img/8702463.jpg

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/8702714/img/8702714.jpg

Edited by dakisback

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Print Screen works, it just saves the image automatically. Look in your My Documents folder, there's a screenshots folder under the game folder.

Print screen only works sometimes. It usually always stops working after X time if playing longer than 1-2 hours.

Bioware are pro coders!

• 6 months later...
What does it actually do? :/

Think it just makes you look like your hiding in a crate or something. As far as i am aware this thing has a global rng of huge % to drop, what i mean is it something like 1000/1 chance of dropping from mobs over a certain lvl as ive never heard this dropping in low level zones, just belsavis upwards and mostly on illum.