Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

irishfino
03.29.2013 , 08:52 PM | #3001
Replies!
Spoiler

Now the story!

NotLP: Allies
Characters: Talos and Andronikos

Crying Over Coffee

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

YoshiRaphElan
03.29.2013 , 09:08 PM | #3002
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
“Hey, have I ever steered you wrong?”

“Well, there was that incident with the potato salad recipe…”

“I apologized profusely for that one.”
I have no idea why Andro would know a potato salad recipe, let alone share it with Talos, but it made me chuckle.

icecreampants
03.30.2013 , 02:01 AM | #3003
Comments!

Spoiler

Responses!

Spoiler

And nowwwww for the story.

Night of The Living Prompt: Loyalty and Betrayal.
Featuring: Armond.

No spoilers

Spoiler

Enjoy everyone!

Tatile
03.31.2013 , 02:41 PM | #3004
To Market, to market

Jaci, Lord Stion'n and Lord Amilia, with the unfortunate NPC Gathlix, Novelty ShopKeep.

Spoiler

I do not like this. Do not like it at all :/

Tatile
03.31.2013 , 02:57 PM | #3005
Yoshi - forgetful, colour changing Chiss Agent? He sounds adorable and terrifying-by-proxy.

Irish - D'aww, Talos <3 and D'aww, Andronikus! He seems a bit like the older brother/best friend (of everyone) in this situation and that's really rather sweet.

YoshiRaphElan
03.31.2013 , 05:34 PM | #3006
Prompt - Family
Title - A Moment of Openness
Bounty Hunter - minimal to no spoilers

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler

marissalf
03.31.2013 , 08:25 PM | #3007
Thanks for the kind words on my first post! Hope you enjoy this one, too.

Prompt: Hide and Seek
Kaliyo’s POV, with IA Kinka

Note:
Spoiler

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
04.01.2013 , 07:10 AM | #3008
Driveby: A 170-word Law and Governance for Vierce and co. Set before the long Hoth Health entry and subsequent actual relationship progress, so probably early on Hoth.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Tatile
04.01.2013 , 07:37 AM | #3009
Yoshi - Your Skadge still lives? I am... confused by this revelation. But Dha is an honourable man and his little family unit seems so nice and really rather at odds with the nature of his business. However, I'm not a big fan of babies, unless they're asleep and over there, away from me.

Marisssalf - Ensign Sunshine? I'm guessing Kaliyo missed that part of Temple's personal storyline where she *spoilers* and you find out *spoiler* and she's utterly fine with it all.

Bright - Yes, I can't imagine that many Imperial citizens would be allowed to vote on much. It would probably work more like a representative democracy, if there were any democracy at all. Also, Vierce comes across like a giant, cuddly man with a big quick temper and a big gun.

bright_ephemera
04.01.2013 , 08:04 AM | #3010
@fino,
Quote:
It was no different than mistranslating a tablet and causing a bit of a ruckus with the initial translation.
This is perfect.

@icecreampants, I like the way you've quickly sketched the members of Delta squad. One small formatting thing, I got distracted at times by inconsistent quotation marks around dialogue - sometimes missing one at the beginning or end of a line of dialogue, sometiems skipping commas or other punctuation at the end of a line. There's a decent dialogue-punctuation guide here (PDF link) if you like.

@Tatile,
Quote:
"Are you telling me that there's not one person in this sector who wouldn't jump at the chance to bend an Imperial Officer over their knee and give 'em a good spanking?"
I'm still giggling. And Stion'n, Stion'n has style. Still, I'd just as soon keep her away from actual-officer Rochester.
Quote:
Gathlix was trying very hard not to look afraid. It really showed.
Marvelous. I like it lots. I like the fear streaked throughout the cheerful Sith's encounter.

@Yoshi Oh, my gosh, a Skadge with something other than beef and violence. That's...adorable. And your earlier Hide and Seek with your Agent had me in stitches. I've been there...well, not with explosive detonators as such, but still.

@marissalf
Quote:
She gave up trying to fluster Vector long ago — he was impervious to all attempts at riling him. So...infuriating. Kaliyo unclenched her fists, a subconscious habit that bubbled up whenever she had to deal with His Hiveness, and waited.
I can so see this reaction from Kaliyo.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.