Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
02.15.2013 , 05:59 PM | #2761
Quote: Originally Posted by Lucifersfinest View Post
I hope I'm cool enough to be here, [and do we just post short stories? or are there plots we right about?]
It's shorts for characters that you have and the shorts relate to the prompts that are posted (there's an archive linked in the first/second post) but you can plot it as well if you like. I kind of have, if you consider "life" to be a plot.

bright_ephemera
02.15.2013 , 06:09 PM | #2762
Quote: Originally Posted by Lucifersfinest View Post
I hope I'm cool enough to be here, [and do we just post short stories? or are there plots we right about?]
In the forum at large, anything goes. This thread specifically deals in short stories related to the prompts posted each week; the stories can be one-shots if you like, self-contained chapters that build on the same characters and universes if you want. We've had authors write about events in class storylines, in faction/galactic lines, and in completely made-up plots set before, during, or after the canon storyline events.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
02.15.2013 , 06:21 PM | #2763
And now, prompts!

Week of 2/15/2013
Working Out the Kinks – When has any device, excuse, or plan ever worked on the first try? Write about a time your character's efforts met reality and didn't go as perfectly as intended.

Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.

(Striges, would you be able to take over posting something next Friday? I'll be traveling.)
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Striges
02.15.2013 , 08:11 PM | #2764
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Striges, would you be able to take over posting something next Friday? I'll be traveling.
Absolutely. I have a prompt filed away already. *rubs hands together in proper mad-scientist fashion* I'm already plotting my takeover of the thread. *cue evil laughter, bright flash of lightning, and absurdly loud thunderclap*

EverSteam
02.19.2013 , 08:03 AM | #2765
Prompt: NotL - Dreams and Nightmares
Class: Bounty Hunter
Spoilers: None.
700ish words.
Set sometime after Belsavis/Hoth.
Set in my BH's universe though reading When I Wake isn't necessary to reading it.
No singing or dancing, I promise.
Spoiler

A/N:
Spoiler

iamthehoyden
02.19.2013 , 06:04 PM | #2766
EverSteam, I love your Torian. Love him love him love him. Love him a little more.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Vesaniae
02.20.2013 , 04:03 PM | #2767
Here's a nice long piece for Climate. It's basically my headcanon for the last bit of SW Tatooine, and as such contains a few minor spoilers. Starring A'tro, Quinn, and more sexual tension than you can shake a stick at!

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
02.20.2013 , 04:13 PM | #2768
I liked that a lot. The detail with the environment was really well done.
---------------

kabeone
02.20.2013 , 07:07 PM | #2769
I feel like I haven't written in a while. So umm sorry if this is terrible, I can't tell anymore

NotLP: Allies
It's about Scourge, because that's all I got in my head. Takes place after the end of Chapter 3 during the "Grey years" where Remi leaves the Jedi Order to become a bounty hunter.

No direct spoilers but references JK endgame spoilers.

Spoiler

Note
Spoiler

iamthehoyden
02.20.2013 , 09:05 PM | #2770
Kabe, I thoroughly support your Scourge addiction and resist any attempts to overcome it Scourge om nom
---------------