Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Striges
01.18.2013 , 04:46 PM | #2581
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
I seem to recall early in-game quests putting the end of the war at "ten years ago." The only specific source I can name is Quinn saying the Battle of Druckenwell took place ten years prior to the SW conversation. Quinn doesn't strike me as the type to round down, but we can still doubt his reliability. I do, every day. If we say that battle happened right before the Treaty, then the game starts in 3643 BBY (10 ATC) and Acts 1 and 2 (including breaks) consume three-ish years.
This is pretty much how I figured the game timeframe from a variety of sources, not just Quinn.

I always thought the class stories started roughly 10 ATC, with Act One taking about 3 years of time. However, I have heard that the smuggler story act one might be intended as long as ten years.

Given who shows up at specific end points, it would appear the Bounty Hunter Act Three concludes before Smuggler and Trooper. Agent seems to end prior to Inquisitor and Warrior. I doubt Inquisitor and Warrior end simultaneously, though I can't say who finishes first.

From experience, I think Warrior Act Two concludes prior to most of the others. There's some interaction with the Knight story and I haven't played a JK far enough to know how those stories relate.

irishfino
01.18.2013 , 06:24 PM | #2582
The Story So Far: From Brute to Silly

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Tatile
01.19.2013 , 01:03 PM | #2583
Master Post.

(If you think I've missed something, let me know! This took ages.)

Broan -
Spoiler

Rochester -
Spoiler

Their Relationship-
Spoiler

What follows is the timeline of Broan and Rochester and the people in their immediate surroundings:

ATC -13:
Best Day Ever

ATC -2:
Turning Point

ATC -1:
Rites of Passage with the Alternative Perspective

ATC 0:
Loneliness

ATC 3:
Catching Up
Siblings
Affection

ATC 4:
Worst Day Ever
Worst Day Ever/I Love this Bar
Mirror, Mirror
Teacher

ATC 11:
Confessions
LF1M

ATC 12:
ATC 13:

ATC 14
Life and Death

Morgani
01.19.2013 , 02:15 PM | #2584
I'm doing that thing again where I read and i don't comment. Someone slap the rude out of me.

Bright- I love Vierce. I love him to the point that I shy away from writing anything in depth about Poole because I admire Vierce so much and I don't want to mirror my noble Zabrak after your amazing Kegel-an (?). (Even though I totally do.) I love looking up and down Vierce's timeline out of order and seeing the way he grows. He's my favorite of your characters. I also adore the way you write for Jorgan and Elara. /happy sigh

Isoviel- I am soooo incredibly amused by the way your smug interjects her inner dialog in between things being said by other people. And her palpable nervousness in her last conversation with Corso was adorable. She's a very relatable character.

Striges- Jurial's intro was wonderful. I want to see more of this character. The parallel between his rescuer's small beard and the point of life tattoo got me right in the feels. Brilliant

Tatile- Rochester and Broan are so real I want to know them in my real life. Broan has the biggest heart and the scariest switch between Broan and Naught. Compelling. I am thrilled at their reconciliation. Thank you for that.

I haven't caught up with yesterday's prompt, so I'll be back. Toodles.
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

Isoviel
01.19.2013 , 06:39 PM | #2585
This is another piece about Ennaly having a good day. I felt I owed it to her after forcing her to have horrible days. She needs a few good ones. Right? Right.
Prompt: NotLP Allies, because an ally is someone you can be yourself with.
No spoilers. Takes place right after she and Corso arrive on Coruscant.
Title: Have You Ever Seen The Rain

Spoiler

thatghost
01.19.2013 , 09:49 PM | #2586
Prompt: Night of the Living Prompt / ...Like No One's Watching
IA (Drakkach) + Temple
No spoilers

Spoiler
Author's Note:
Spoiler

iamthehoyden
01.19.2013 , 10:01 PM | #2587
Isoviel, Ennaly's reaction to rain is adorable!

thatghost, that was so incredibly cute!! Soooo cuuuuuute!!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
01.20.2013 , 02:15 AM | #2588
I've updated the chronological index (loved reading the story so far pieces though they made me dive through all the stories just to read my favorite pieces again). Anyway comment spam!

@bright_ephemera I was happily reading through Vierce then I realized he mentioned meeting up with the *spoiler lady* and went o.o (arg) Nice misdirection on the last Vierce/Loyalty Betrayal bit. I laughed for a solid minute as the Thesaurus Twins described his carefully cultivated brooding expression, and Fourex chiming in? *dies*

For the Mellekor piece, very nice. He's delightfully dark and I think he did exactly what a crafty Sith would do (as far as upholding appearances then having it out with Jaesa in private) especially early on when he can't just skewer the servants that displease him. (Also, stop making OCs for me to crush on! )

@CastonFolarus a belated welcome for a delightful BH story. I haven't played through the class arc and I'm trying not to read spoilers myself so I apologize if I have to skip any of your future writings but I did really like this one. Your Zasch suits Torian quite well.

@Tonxix Welcome, I look forward to reading more about your Jedi.

@Isoviel I admit I giggled madly at your "If Only" story. Also, this: "Think back to Tameery’s guide to male lingo." hahahahahahaha. Then I had to run off to listen to Creedence Clearwater Revival.

@Tatile I always squee over Broan and Rochester's early years. Yes Rochester, Broan has a crush on youuuuuuu. And Yay! Husbands! I'm glad you wrote these stories kind of back to back because I would have torn my hair out trying to figure out what the pretty holocron was from.

@Irrissa Cleindori's first encounter with Doc is spot on and hilarious. I can imagine a somewhat sheltered Jedi might not know how to deal with Doc.

@Magdalane glad to see you back! The early years of Corso and Miriah are so tentative and uncertain. I'm glad it all works out because they're so sweet together.

@Striges I love the Mirialan tattoo idea. Linking the tattoo artist and his cultural traditions with the Force was very cool. I don't know how they're supposed to design them, but this is at least one way they get their tattoos from now on in my head-canon.

@thatghost Temple/Drakkach, so sweet! Open mic night at the Slippery Slopes sounds both terrifying and hilarious

bright_ephemera
01.20.2013 , 10:10 AM | #2589
@Isoviel omg. Ennaly in the rain. That is adorable. And Corso's initial confusion…d'aw.

@Morgani Thank you! I was actually wondering a couple of weeks ago what a native of the somewhat hastily named (quick, Bright, make something up!) Kegled II would be called. A Viercian, clearly. Or just…Keglian? Huh. That might have to do.

@thatghost,
Quote: Originally Posted by thatghost View Post
"There was...I...that's a lot of flimsi. Sir."

And you look gorgeous wading through it.
Aw. That's love. Or at least infatuation with definite future possibilities
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
01.20.2013 , 10:14 AM | #2590
My third main continuity (after RMC and NDOW) is all about brothers Vierce and Kirsk Savins, a Trooper and non-game-storyline Smuggler. Two ordinary guys. The story could plausibly be placed in either of my other universes but probably isn't. It is the only continuity that doesn't have a major plot arc completed: I have only the setup and initial events to give out. No game spoilers in this summary.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.