Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
12.04.2012 , 04:16 PM | #2351
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
This Mako actually sounded about right to me. She gets really catty sometimes.
She gets catty, but she's also struck me as having a firm morality which would stand at odds with Rixik. Of course I only really paid attention when I was levelling my Lightside Powertech, so that might be the bias of being a good-two-shoes talking.

iamthehoyden
12.04.2012 , 05:59 PM | #2352
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
She gets catty, but she's also struck me as having a firm morality which would stand at odds with Rixik. Of course I only really paid attention when I was levelling my Lightside Powertech, so that might be the bias of being a good-two-shoes talking.
Oh, I have no doubt Rixik is playing her like a fiddle, lol.

Night of the Living Prompt: Health (I think I'm done posting for this week...probably...maybe?)

Bad For Your Health
bh - Skari and crew
no specific spoilers, references to end of ch 1 bh but it doesn't actually reveal anything and this spoiler warning is probably way longer than it needs to be
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

EverSteam
12.04.2012 , 06:42 PM | #2353
Author's Note:
Spoiler
Odd is definitely an understatement (not that I'm biased or anything )
Btw, I also enjoy reading your BH a lot!

Striges
12.04.2012 , 10:13 PM | #2354
Oh, poor Crae, still confused. Of course he’s getting the kolto tank in case he’s the one that needs it next time. Of course. I’m really enjoying the ‘what the hell am I doing here’ vibe from Crae right now.

Haven’t seen Mako with Torian, but she’s supposed to really like bounty hunters. I suppose that’s what she sees in Torian. I don’t have Torian yet, so that’s a guess.

Oh, I have no doubt Rixik is playing her like a fiddle, lol.
Rixik is absolutely playing her like a fiddle.

Strangely, her interests line up fairly well for affection gain purposes. I expected to end up bribing her with gifts a lot (with Rixik, it really does feel like bribing as opposed to a game mechanic) but I don’t lose affection nearly as often as my Agent did with Kaliyo. She has quite the mercenary interior underneath the goody-goody exterior.

Heck, had this sitting around, I’ll call it Night of the Living Dead Prompt: Tools of the Trade. Even though I haven’t really started Mako’s romance arc yet.

Spoiler

thatghost
12.04.2012 , 10:37 PM | #2355
@LogicLoup: The family dynamic feels so incredibly strong that one can't help but hope things take an upswing for Maneera. Made me a little teary

@elliotcat: Much empathy with everything you're going through hope it all works itself out and life eases up on you (and your kitties...you sure you don't live on the other side of my evil cat-hating neighbor?) *hugs*

@kabeone: Lovely. Melancholy. Yet more *ahem* watering eyes. Yeah, I broke down and read it, gave into temptation. I now feel a little bit giddy about jumping into Remi's world without my former hesitation

@Hoyden: Yup, succumbed to yet more temptation. Bengal as obsessed stalker? Creepy, but- bwahahahahaha!!!! That Scourge put up with it for as long as he did...

More Crae! This I really like. Never got a glimpse of the Mako-Torian relationship. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

@Striges: thank you. It'll be a tough road for that triangle for a while yet. And yes, when I rolled the character "Morrigan" was, of course, taken. Oddly, it wasn't until later in the game storyline that the full significance of the original name choice actually hit me.

Xathras is a piece of work- "have Jaesa take notes"- oh my. It's troubling that he's a tad alluring depite his ew factor. Same goes for Rixik. Bad influences make for addictive reading and I'm fond of your Mako, much more so than I was/am with my merc.

(trying to keep up, if I missed anyone I apologize; have the flu and my son is also ill, so the rest of the week will be spent divided between taking care of him and myself and reading and writing whenever I feel like it/ get a break/ my significant other is off work...game time, meh, unless I just decide to log in and wander around Voss for inspiration)

Striges
12.05.2012 , 08:30 AM | #2356
It's always taken, lol. Cheers to another Celtic mythology enthusiast!

Hope you feel better soon.

LogicLoup
12.05.2012 , 01:55 PM | #2357
All My Love to Long Ago (Maneera Sindri, I love this bar)
minor spoilers for Smuggler chapter 1

Spoiler

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

Striges
12.05.2012 , 11:54 PM | #2358
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicLoup View Post
Spoiler
I liked this little slice-of-life reminiscence. Props for noticing the flavor text near the taxi on Coruscant. And then there’s needling Corso. Good times indeed.

Night of the Living Dead Prompt: Teachers

Characters: Jurial (JC), Master Yuon

Title: Erroneous Conclusions

Set after Faith (as well as the laundry silliness), early Consular story. Spoilers for a general Tython quest.

Spoiler

LogicLoup
12.06.2012 , 08:51 AM | #2359
@hoyden - Torian/Mako has always struck me as an object lesson in "be careful what you wish for." Mako makes no secret of being a squealing Mando fangirl, so in makes sense that she'd go for Torian. But the thing is, while Mako knows a fair bit of the who and what of Mandalorian culture, she doesn't really understand the whys and hows beneath that surface layer of fact, so there are bound to be moments like the one here, where she's confronted with something she either didn't know or didn't think much about (because really, "thoughtful" is not a Mako word), and the implications of her infatuation just kinda drop onto her like a ton of bricks.

@Striges - I'm struck once again by the impression that, for a contemplative order, the Jedi don't really do much actual thinking. This is after Faith, so Yuon should know that Jurial is given to philosophical pursuits; surely it's more consistent with his character to be pursuing an abstract line of reasoning than to be trying to justify a secret romance? *sigh and shake head at Yuon* "Logic! Why don't they teach logic at these schools?"

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

bright_ephemera
12.06.2012 , 11:04 PM | #2360
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicLoup View Post
"Logic! Why don't they teach logic at these schools?"
Driveby to say, I love the Narnia reference. And I ask that question on a not infrequent basis myself.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.