Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LogicLoup
12.03.2012 , 02:59 PM | #2341
@Magdalane - Grace and peace be with you and your family as your son returns home. I wish him comfort and health in a swift recovery.
Seeing Miriah use her tequila-tolerating powers for good and for awesome (upwards of 17 shots? good lord) was fantastic.

@Striges - Both pieces are beautiful portraits of stepping into a legacy. In addition to the tremendous integrity that Valho and Varrel show in their moments, I love the subtle brushstrokes of cultural detail throughout.

This started out as an attempt at a second fill for last week's Do the Math but never quite managed to come together properly. So now it's a (long) bit of Family for Maneera.

Closing the Gap (Maneera Sindri, spoiler-free)
Spoiler

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

elliotcat
12.03.2012 , 03:22 PM | #2342
I just wanted to pop in really quick and let people know I haven't forgotten about this thread. This semester has kind of been the semester from hell for me for a lot of reasons. I put the tl;dr version behind a spoiler because this is not my blog.

Spoiler

So yeah! I have a lot going on but at least at this point I've kind of got a path laid out. I'm hoping that in January or so I can come back and resume taking care of the thread and writing stories. While I still have to deal with moving out and filing the papers and part-time classes at least I should be feeling a lot better about my situation.

Thanks so very much to the folks who've been helping out in the thread. I do really appreciate it!

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"[/SIZE]

kabeone
12.03.2012 , 07:53 PM | #2343
Zombie Prompt: Seasons
Remi and Scourge no spoilers many decades after the end of chapter 3.
Spoiler

@elliotcat - I'm glad to see you posting in here. I hope things are less crazy soon. <3

Edit to add:
@LogicLoup <3 that Maneera story. Finally understanding her parents a little better, maybe healing? Love it.

iamthehoyden
12.03.2012 , 09:11 PM | #2344
LogicLoup - "you gave them away like extra kittens" This line about made me cry, the way the family had been broken to pieces by the Jedi.

Elliotcat - Good luck with everything, sounds like you're running through a rough patch.

Kabe - Oomph. With the tears. Yep, definitely tears. Goodness, I love these two. Hate to think of them being apart.
Night of the Living Prompt: Discoveries (this one's a bit long at 1600 words)

Choosing Fates
jk - Esma and Scourge
jk spoilers
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
12.03.2012 , 09:33 PM | #2345
@hoyden *rereads a few times then a few more* eeee *giggle* I was kind of liking the ridiculous Bengal obsession but I'm glad someone put him out of his misery.

iamthehoyden
12.03.2012 , 09:35 PM | #2346
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
@hoyden *rereads a few times then a few more* eeee *giggle* I was kind of liking the ridiculous Bengal obsession but I'm glad someone put him out of his misery.
I considered having him constantly pop up, but it's Scourge...and I don't see his patience extending too far in that direction lol.
---------------

Striges
12.03.2012 , 09:56 PM | #2347
@ Magdalane: My thoughts are with you and your son. Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery in both body and mind. As far as posting goes, it should be fun, not stressful. Post when and if you wish; read if it makes you happy. You’re always welcome.

Miriah and Corso and tequila—oh my!

Quote: Originally Posted by thatghost View Post
"I have what!" The dancer's heels jerked up-down-up, hammering Arch's crotch before she retracted her legs. Mirrigan flinched. That had to have hurt. He'd feel that once the numbness wore off.
Sometimes when the lie backfires, it does so in spectacular fashion. Beyond that, though, there was a certain poignancy in the Doc-Mirrigan-Scourge triangle. A question: is Mirrigan’s name meant to be close to The Morrígan or is the similarity a coincidence?

@ LogicLoup: There were a lot of lovely bits here. The guy at the reception desk being happy that someone had been identified, had family, and that the family could come. Maneera finally hearing the other side of why her parents let the Jedi have their children. Touching.

@ Kabeone: Scourge realizing that he will outlive Remi, and setting that as seasons, well done. That long dark winter he knows is coming.

@ Iamthehoyden: I almost feel sorry for Morr. Glad Scourge made an end of him. As a recurring character he could become almost comical, and the kind of emotion he has or Esma is far from comical.

Hmm, I think Jurial needs to pen a new treatise.

@ Elliotcat: Best wishes also. That’s a lot to deal with at one time. Hopefully just moving forward will help.

Striges
12.04.2012 , 09:06 AM | #2348
Zombie Prompt and Necro Posting!

These two stories ran in the old head canon thread back in the lore forum. It gave me fits trying to find them for my chronology, since I thought they’d been in this thread all along. Apologies to all who already read them.

Also, many thanks for the kind words on Varrel’s stories. There are so many Sith Warrior stories on this forum, I’m glad there’s room for one more. Naturally the first snippets is Varrel’s. Occurs at the transition between SW Acts 2 and 3 and contains spoilers for those events, minor spoilers for intro Inquisitor story.

Prompt: Either Allies or I Love This Bar, take your pick.

Xathras is my Husband’s Inquisitor (no longer playing); he’s not been a good influence on Varrel.

Spoiler

Zombie Prompt 2: Discovery

Characters: Rixik, Mako.

Occurs prior to An Awkward Reunion, Smuggler Hoth. Also kicks off the storyline I’ve been working on involving Rixik, Kirya, et al. Kind-of sort-of spoilers for Smuggler story, no bounty hunter spoilers. As a note, I don’t think Mako is familiar with all possible underworld slang, hence her nonchalant reaction to “poaching”.

Spoiler

Tatile
12.04.2012 , 02:43 PM | #2349
Mako and Rixik... wow. Either he's lying to her big time or your Mako is completely different from the usual Mako. Really interesting conversation and also rather shiver-worthy in places. Rixik is just... skin crawling.

iamthehoyden
12.04.2012 , 03:54 PM | #2350
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Mako and Rixik... wow. Either he's lying to her big time or your Mako is completely different from the usual Mako. Really interesting conversation and also rather shiver-worthy in places. Rixik is just... skin crawling.
This Mako actually sounded about right to me. She gets really catty sometimes.
---------------