Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

irishfino
11.12.2012 , 04:58 PM | #2131
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Baby Ald! D:

I want to know if he harbours any resentment against his parents for what they did? He's just too adorable.

God. I love them broken.
At this stage in his life, he's mostly forgotten about them. They abandoned him, but through their fear and neglect he became strong and was picked up by a Sith Lord to train to become even stronger. If I ever get inspired enough to make him his own thread, that might be a piece of his history I cover first.

Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
@ Irishinfo, Ald's childhood makes me understand the Sith Lord Ald a lot better, and almost want to hug him if he wouldn't force choke me.
Ald is strange, you never know how he'll react. But, yes, I wouldn't hug him. He might shiv you...

Quote: Originally Posted by Irrissa View Post

Fino - Poor little Ald What a wild beginning (pun intended)
Don't feel to bad for him, he's actually pretty happy with how things turned out. He's weird, lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Fino, your last Ald paragraph promises great things
Awesomeness is coming.

Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
@irishfino Ald, Brute of the Jungle <3. I love the way you introduce the seasons by what he does and how he senses the changes in his environment and what he does to prepare.
Thank you! I was originally going to do four separate pieces, but writing does what it wants sometimes, lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Fino - Ald is so interesting, the way he adapts to his situation, whatever that happens to be, and finds ways to thrive in it, even as a young child.
Ald is a very strange boy with very strange habits and thinking patterns. He's a natural born Sith, in some ways.

Thanks for reading!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
11.12.2012 , 05:05 PM | #2132
Prompt: Tools of the Trade
Character: Ald, the Silly Sith Warrior

The Force Is My Tool and I Am Its

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

iamthehoyden
11.12.2012 , 05:34 PM | #2133
Nice addition, Fino!

Seasons prompt - well, not literally, but more of a seasons of life type thing - kinda - sorta - argh...posting this nonsense anyway!

Objectives
bh - Skari and Solomon Crae
minor chapter 1 bh spoiler (don't blink, you might miss it)
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
11.12.2012 , 05:40 PM | #2134
@iamthehoyden Love it.
Completely pointless attraction to completely, absurdedly, f**ked up guy? Standard operating procedure in the Askari Magrav handbook on relationships.
I completely sympathize, Skari!

@Selentar, you make the will of the Jedi Council very hateable. Actually, I guess the Jedi Council does that part pretty well themselves, but you make Xareen'alay's predicament hit home

...and then Taren sounds interestingly earthy ^.^

@Earthmama, Hala's reaction to the news....:'(

@irishfino I love this image of playing with the Force. Being played with by. Whichever.

Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
I always thought of Wynston as[...] using Kaliyo because it makes her happy and keeps her in line.
That was certainly Wynston's original intent. Notes re: Kaliyo's companion quest line under cut.
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
11.12.2012 , 06:24 PM | #2135
I wasn't going to post another one, but it's short and it kind of fell into place all of a sudden
Tools

Some Assembly Required
bh - Skari, Solomon Crae and crew
no spoilers
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Striges
11.12.2012 , 07:14 PM | #2136
Prompt: Seasons

Characters: Varrel Umrahiel, Jaesa, Pierce.

Title: A Time for Every Purpose

Takes place in the year before Vashutarl. Spoilers for early SW quests on Dromund Kaas. Minor could-be-considered spoilers for Pierce companion quests. (edit) Also spoilers for SW Chapter 3 and endgame (apologies if this edit came too late).

Notes:
Spoiler

Content advisory:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Must catch up and comment later!

Earthmama
11.12.2012 , 07:25 PM | #2137
I wasn't going to post another one, but it's short and it kind of fell into place all of a sudden
Tools

Some Assembly Required
bh - Skari, Solomon Crae and crew
no spoilers
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
Never underestimate the Jawa! <3

Striges
11.12.2012 , 10:03 PM | #2138
@ Selentar: Your pieces make me wish someone with responsibility for lore somewhere would come forward and explain the 'no love' policy in a way that real human fans can understand and appreciate. Not agree with, necessarily, but at least see the purpose. As it stands, it makes the Jedi out to be as heartless as the Sith in their own way. Along with creating a lot of bitter mother bears. By the same token, I like Taren using their own policies to Xar's advantage.

@ Earthmama: Oh, Isla, all of them in impossible circumstances. That hurt. "What was freedom when you had nothing". Not freedom at all, not really.

@ Iamthehoyden: Blizz! I notice that Crae doesn't seem aware of him yet. A fatal flaw perhaps. Skari not really wanting to open up, but doing it anyway. Nice pair.

@ irishfino: a Sith in tune with the living force is a frightening prospect. Ald's insight does him credit, as does his accepting that the Force may use him as much as the other way around.

Irrissa
11.12.2012 , 10:38 PM | #2139
ack!!! Must catch up on reading.

Meanwhile a little bit on Tools of the Trade

Featuring - Minalde (only little baby spoilers for Tython and Nadia)

Oddly enough though Minalde was not one I had intending to do much writing for,she seems to suddenly have a story forming. I can't wait to see where it goes.

Spoiler

Spoiler
*Rissa (60 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (60 Sage)* Aubrei (60 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)

Selentar
11.12.2012 , 11:42 PM | #2140
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
@ Selentar: Your pieces make me wish someone with responsibility for lore somewhere would come forward and explain the 'no love' policy in a way that real human fans can understand and appreciate. Not agree with, necessarily, but at least see the purpose. As it stands, it makes the Jedi out to be as heartless as the Sith in their own way. Along with creating a lot of bitter mother bears. By the same token, I like Taren using their own policies to Xar's advantage.
I probably let my own view of the jedi council influence my story but I did always believe that both jedi and sith are extremes and, as such, examples to be avoided. Acting out (or not) for the greater good is not always seen as beneficial. I am not entirely sure if I grasp the meaning of "real human fans".

Spoiler