Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
10.05.2012 , 06:24 AM | #1761
Morgani...
Spoiler

I did really enjoy reading Sisterhood, one scene in particular seemed to have a slight post-Lovecraft influence to it A very curious conclusion, it would be nice to see what happens next.

iamthehoyden
10.05.2012 , 09:50 AM | #1762
Morgani - Holy crap! Loved the whole thing, seriously! It was beautiful and dark and really really well constructed.
Spoiler
Striges - loved the story on Rixik! nice to see something come back to bite him lol
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Magdalane
10.07.2012 , 12:37 PM | #1763
I know elliotcat is snowed under with midterms, and Kabeone had put these in the AU thread, but we can use them here, too, I think. Any objections?

Originally posted by Kabeone:
Going rogue on the prompts! I have two suggestions that I forwarded to elliotcat I will just go ahead and post them here. <_< >_>

Sacrifice - In these alternate universes our characters have different goals and even different personalities, what are they willing to sacrifice to achieve these goals?

Good/Bad Memories - Sometimes good memories can get your characters through hard times, sometimes bad memories are the extra push they use to move forward. What memories move your characters?

boom?
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

Tatile
10.07.2012 , 01:24 PM | #1764
I'm going to assume that "Sacrifice" would translate as:

Our characters have their own distinct personalities, moral codes and histories. What are they willing to do - what are they willing to sacrifice - to get the job done?

I do believe I'll take that prompt and... go make myself a cup of tea.

Striges
10.07.2012 , 06:51 PM | #1765
Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
I know elliotcat is snowed under with midterms, and Kabeone had put these in the AU thread, but we can use them here, too, I think. Any objections?

Originally posted by Kabeone:
Going rogue on the prompts! I have two suggestions that I forwarded to elliotcat I will just go ahead and post them here. <_< >_>

Sacrifice - In these alternate universes our characters have different goals and even different personalities, what are they willing to sacrifice to achieve these goals?

Good/Bad Memories - Sometimes good memories can get your characters through hard times, sometimes bad memories are the extra push they use to move forward. What memories move your characters?

boom?
No objections here.

In fact, syncing the two threads might make it easier on both prompters and writers alike.

bright_ephemera
10.07.2012 , 07:20 PM | #1766
Yay, prompts!

Memories with a possible side of potential Sacrifice. Trooper Vierce, 600 words, no spoilers.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Vesaniae
10.07.2012 , 09:21 PM | #1767
A note for the indexers: My entry for the "Worst Day Ever" prompt appears to not be indexed, it's at the top of page 122 Just letting you know so the index can have all the stories!
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

Magdalane
10.08.2012 , 06:13 AM | #1768
Sacrifice Aric and Maura, their first
289 words, no spoilers

Spoiler
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

Estelindis
10.08.2012 , 08:03 AM | #1769
Serious mood whiplash from some Vierce stories to others, Bright! That one really hit me hard.

kabeone
10.08.2012 , 09:17 AM | #1770
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
A note for the indexers: My entry for the "Worst Day Ever" prompt appears to not be indexed, it's at the top of page 122 Just letting you know so the index can have all the stories!
Fixed for chrono index. Sorry!