Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

elliotcat
09.05.2012 , 10:25 PM | #1361
I agree, bright, we all needed a pep talk. Maybe because school has started back up for those of us who are students or have kids? I know I've been crazy stressed.

I was inspired to make a picture of my characters too. I didn't get near as creative, but at least you can see what people look like!

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...416/legacy.png

Yes...Ayang looks like a twelve-year-old girl...

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

iamthehoyden
09.06.2012 , 10:18 AM | #1362
Ayang is adorable, love your pics. I put together my crew as well. We're heavy on Chiss and dark hair.
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/w...upfullsize.jpg
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Magdalane
09.06.2012 , 10:29 AM | #1363
I only have the two shown here, but next time I see Sana running around the Black Hole, we must get a screenie of them together!

www.photobucket.com/magdalane
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

bright_ephemera
09.06.2012 , 10:33 AM | #1364
I'm loving all the screenshots!

Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Ayang is adorable, love your pics. I put together my crew as well. We're heavy on Chiss and dark hair.
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/w...upfullsize.jpg
Spoiler
ESMA'S JACKET. Is it moddable? And/or level 50?

It reminds me of...a guy. Whom I hate, but whose wardrobe I would gleefully copy if I could. Agents know.

@elliotcat, something of Meyali Cardani's eyes reminds me of Bastila Shan, though I can't find a comparison picture that backs me up on this. It just does. Which naturally makes me hate Meyali even more.

@iamthehoyden (again), the thought of taking a Sith home to Mom...of taking Lord Scourge home to Mom...is possibly the scariest Lord Scourge thought I've ever had.

@Tatile Thinking Nalenne is kinda hot is totally normal. Then again, I designed everyone except Nis and possibly the Colran & Rylon School of Hair Design to be attractive to me on some level. My favorites are Wynston, Vierce (even with the burn scars you would see on closeup), and a toss-up between Nic and Nalenne.

@Magdalane D'aw, Mags looks sweet. And Miriah looks like you shouldn't mess with her while the gun is out

@Svein Libraries are where all the worthwhile pickups happen. Most of my first few dozen conversations with my now-husband were in the library.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

kabeone
09.06.2012 , 10:52 AM | #1365
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
I'm loving all the screenshots!

ESMA'S JACKET. Is it moddable? And/or level 50?

It reminds me of...a guy. Whom I hate, but whose wardrobe I would gleefully copy if I could. Agents know.
Yip, smugs or knights medium moddable. If you're a smug you can get it from the heroic 2 in the first sector of coruscant whose name I cannot remember. otherwise it is an armormech pattern link goes to tor-fashion by dulfy

These screenshots really are great. They put pictures in my head.

iamthehoyden
09.06.2012 , 11:05 AM | #1366
Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
I only have the two shown here, but next time I see Sana running around the Black Hole, we must get a screenie of them together!

www.photobucket.com/magdalane
Haha! Yes we must!
@Bright - Esma's jacket is moddable. It's actually a smuggler jacket - Gunslinger's Jacket - med armor. I pretty much hate most of the level 50 stuff, so she's in I think a level 30 piece of gear with black hole mods lol. Sana's the same, level 15 piece of gear with augments and bh mods that she wears with 4 pieces of the set so she can keep her bonus without looking silly - hey gotta look good while you're kicking a**
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Vesaniae
09.06.2012 , 11:25 AM | #1367
I love seeing pictures of everyone's characters!

Here are my girls: http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6...etversepcs.jpg

From left to right: Warrior, Inquisitor, Agent (who has a bun, you just can't see it in the picture)

The brightness/contrast/saturation seems to have gotten a bit screwed up after having the images on the computer I have here at school, which has a lower resolution than the computer I use for TOR.

A few notes about Vesania/Nox's character design, which I actually put quite a bit of thought into:
Spoiler

I haven't posted much here lately--all of my writing inspiration has been channeled into "Afterimages". But I always read, even if I don't always comment! I admit, sometimes I don't comment because I would only comment on the ones I read, which is to say only the ones for classes I have played, and I feel like I'm excluding people if I don't comment on theirs...

Another reason I don't always comment is because I'm lazy. But I always love reading this thread. This thread is a thread of happiness. So much good stuff in here. Yay.
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

elliotcat
09.06.2012 , 11:43 AM | #1368
I am so amused at how popular the pony-tail-with-side-bangs hairstyle is. I think almost everyone here has one character that wears it!

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

Earthmama
09.06.2012 , 11:43 AM | #1369
How do you make the pictures little and edited like that?? So clueless...

bright_ephemera
09.06.2012 , 11:56 AM | #1370
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
I am so amused at how popular the pony-tail-with-side-bangs hairstyle is. I think almost everyone here has one character that wears it!
Ruth skipped the ponytail element; there's a version with side bangs and then short hair slicked back to the nape of her neck. Awesome hairstyle either way.

Terribly tempted to do a closeup portrait series to show Vierce's scar, Kirsk's cybernetics, direct side-by-side face comparisons for Ruth/Dolarra and Nalenne/Niselle...This is a huge rash of non-story posts, but I figure it's on-topic to get to see and know the people whose adventures we've been reading! Plus, tomorrow's a new story day.

As for the Gunslinger's Jacket Esma has...brb, farming level 2 UT missions until my fingers fall off. (Or Kaliyo and Andronikos' fingers fall off, as the case may be.)
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.