Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is being done to stop the hacking?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What is being done to stop the hacking?

Grey_Sly
05.30.2012 , 11:16 PM | #1
I PvP a lot and lately I have not been able to get into a single game without there being hacks running rampant.
(not just my opponents but some pugs I get grouped with also)

I put in an average of 6 tickets per day about hacking but nothing seems to change.

What is being done to stop the hacking.

I'm not some "butt hurt noob" that gets bent when they lose.

Hacking is running rampant, and ruining PvP.

PS: If you are not a Bio Ware employee.. then I don't really care to see you post l2p or any other lame response.

williambr
05.30.2012 , 11:20 PM | #2
Do you have an examples of what kind of hacks?

It seems since bioware upgraded thier detection software, I haven't seen any obvious cheats i.e. the speed hack, so I'm just curious what observations you've made?

-not implying dishonesty, I'm just curious
Don't take me too seriously, I don't

Vycwulf
05.31.2012 , 12:59 AM | #3
Only one I've seen some of lately is an anti-cc hack. Granted, some characters have abilities that make them immune for a short time, but even reslove doesn't immune you to slowing effects. There are some players that I have basically spammed affliction on for 25-30 seconds and force slow when it was up(if spec'd affliction has a force slow effect) and nadda. Shock also had no effect on these players. It's an mmo full of bugs, and these things happen til fixed, but it is annoying.

Grey_Sly
05.31.2012 , 12:55 PM | #4
Hutt Ball reset hack...
Tied Game... holding ball (tossed to me in the last 30 seconds of the game)....
I'm at full health and being supported by entire team...
last 5 seconds it says I threw the ball...
Since all I was hitting were my defensive cool downs... 8 thru = there is no way I hit 1(my throw huttball key) and then targeted the ground especially since I couldn't see a clear spot to throw to being surrounded by both teams

camean
05.31.2012 , 01:01 PM | #5
They are stoping hacking by killing the game. My server has 18 people loged in right now and i got to say, hacking is not a problem

laiboch
05.31.2012 , 01:20 PM | #6
The most common hacks that people run is all tied to the same basic application. You can boost speed, be immune to CC/Stun etc. The most rampant one being ran right now is the anti CC hack. As stated above there are classes that have abilities that make them immune to CC for a short time. Guardian/Jug can chain it together to get 8 seconds of CC immunity etc.

Whats really funny is when you use a AOE CC ability like flash bang and you see 3-4 players hit by it and 2-3 more that just keep on tucking like nothing happened. No resolve bars nothing. They just flat out ignore it. If you pay attention it doesn't take long to spot them..

The best thing you can do if you see a few people doing this is Fraps them and make them and their guild famous on YouTube. Post a few threads here and make sure you /report them in game.

mrdert
05.31.2012 , 01:22 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Vycwulf View Post
Only one I've seen some of lately is an anti-cc hack. Granted, some characters have abilities that make them immune for a short time, but even reslove doesn't immune you to slowing effects. There are some players that I have basically spammed affliction on for 25-30 seconds and force slow when it was up(if spec'd affliction has a force slow effect) and nadda. Shock also had no effect on these players. It's an mmo full of bugs, and these things happen til fixed, but it is annoying.
I've experienced this too recently. To my knowledge saves, shadows, and gunslingers have no stun immunity, but I've had all three walk right thru my low slash and electrocute like I didn't even do anything. This not a case of them breaking it or me hitting them with full resolve. I also know the attacks landed because I saw the damage flytext coming off of them.
It is easier for a man to destroy the light inside himself than to fight the darkness all around him.
Allup N'Yoas
come <Play> with us

Deaconzz
05.31.2012 , 01:32 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Grey_Sly View Post
Hutt Ball reset hack...
Tied Game... holding ball (tossed to me in the last 30 seconds of the game)....
I'm at full health and being supported by entire team...
last 5 seconds it says I threw the ball...
Since all I was hitting were my defensive cool downs... 8 thru = there is no way I hit 1(my throw huttball key) and then targeted the ground especially since I couldn't see a clear spot to throw to being surrounded by both teams
What class are you? since you were guarding the ball duing the last few seconds of a tied game I'm going to assume shadow/assassin. If you hit all your Def CD's as you say perhaps you hit stealth? that will reset the ball instantly.

jediharrsion
05.31.2012 , 01:43 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Grey_Sly View Post
I PvP a lot and lately I have not been able to get into a single game without there being hacks running rampant.
(not just my opponents but some pugs I get grouped with also)

I put in an average of 6 tickets per day about hacking but nothing seems to change.

What is being done to stop the hacking.

I'm not some "butt hurt noob" that gets bent when they lose.

Hacking is running rampant, and ruining PvP.

PS: If you are not a Bio Ware employee.. then I don't really care to see you post l2p or any other lame response.
I feel your pain friend i sent in a couple tickets myself. after which i was contacted by BW CS Agent. so i explained what i was experiencing and he asked me if i thought these peaple were using hacks. To be honest i'm still not very sure if there were hacks being used against my teams but somethings he told me to look out for was If someone is ether (Running faster then anyone else on the map/dealing way more damage then they should/spam healing at a higher rate then anyone else/tanking a Full group without dying) And if you were to ask if i saw or noticed any of these items i'd have to say yes. in total the last week of WZ have not been normal. So (unoffically) i was encoraged to come up with a list of names so that could help out better.

Kovaos
05.31.2012 , 01:45 PM | #10
Pretty soon we will need to hack our way out of this game
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."