Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Warriors are just a Weak tool ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Sith Warriors are just a Weak tool ?

Kframe
05.29.2012 , 06:51 PM | #31
Ok at what point does the SW Plot to overthrough baras become evident? Becuase im just up to the Gratham estate thing, at lvl 13 and so far i havnt seen any indication of plotting. I tried to spare that Rival i had on Koriban, but i must have screwed up the dialog, becuase i told him it didnt need to end with death and he said he wont accept anything less, and i then end up killing him...

So ya, with out spoilering, help me with the whole plottting thing, so far i have not seen it. Just me going to baras and being told to go do menial ****..

Chanez
05.29.2012 , 06:54 PM | #32
its all about the respect you recieve, and demand i find pure strength more appealing than the cheating tactics inquisitors have, inquisitors have to gain respect and power, warriors are born with both.

Quote:
One is a slim dagger placed precisely between the ribs of a target or a sharp scalpel surgically manipulating events from a distance. The other is a hammer and has the subtlety of 2 kilos of solid iron at the end of a long piece of wood.
Quote:
Yeah kind of a shame that the SI is the 2 kilos of solid iron though.
Such a shame, how they have to ridcule the SI more than they had too dont you think?

Although i do just want to say to some of the "misguided' players by saying the sith warrior has NO POLTICAL power, no one serves him, and if they do its for like 5 minutes than they pretend everythings normal and never see the warrior again. the
Spoiler
serves the inquisitor however, even if he has to be in a certain group to do it.

Jenzali
05.29.2012 , 06:56 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Kframe View Post
Ok at what point does the SW Plot to overthrough baras become evident? Becuase im just up to the Gratham estate thing, at lvl 13 and so far i havnt seen any indication of plotting. I tried to spare that Rival i had on Koriban, but i must have screwed up the dialog, becuase i told him it didnt need to end with death and he said he wont accept anything less, and i then end up killing him...

So ya, with out spoilering, help me with the whole plottting thing, so far i have not seen it. Just me going to baras and being told to go do menial ****..
Patience, young acolyte. You can't overthrow your master at level 13. Stick through it, it only gets better and better as you approach level 50.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Charell
05.29.2012 , 07:04 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
Really? I never seen that I mean sure you can role play that you are lying but I never saw the lie annotation next to the "Yes master" conversation options.
i played light and there were a lot of lie options, and twistings of the truth, and sarcasm.
Jedi Covenent: The Sohn Legacy
Charell SW, Dareo BH , Elleona SI Raliceh JC, Ellensohn RT, Le'pold SM
The Fatman: Coolestjediever JK Ebon Hawk: IA

Captain_Zone
05.29.2012 , 09:11 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
I had the impresson for light side warriors this "Yes, my lord" fits much better. Baras thinks of you as his best apprentice really respect him, but he knows nothing of your secret agenda.

Of course, in this game you know Baras won't kill you for trolling him and being light side. But doesn't it get unrealistic some times?
Making LS decisions comes in with Trolling Darth Cartman. He can't argue with the results, which are usually more tactically sound than the DS options. Why just execute prisoners? Why not trade them for Imperial POWs instead? Also, he tends to see it as you being extremely devious, and approves, since his own mind thinks that way.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Ranadiel_Marius
05.30.2012 , 07:31 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Kframe View Post

It would probably be more accurate to say that the SW is just building himself a power base of followers and allies in the early stages of the game and not really plotting a direct overthrow. As for specifics:

On Korriban the first act of secret insubordination comes earlier than the rival instance. The person that you can recruit to your side is:
Spoiler

On Kaas, you get your first real opportunity to make an alliance although I won't spoil who the alliance is with or how you get it, but it is there.

And then there are more opportunities throughout the game although perhaps not on every planet.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Pythoris
05.30.2012 , 07:54 AM | #37
IMO the Sith Warrior was a generic Darth Vader, knowing some manipulation skills and being a huge ball of rage and fury. The Sith Inquisitor seemed to have to use his head more often than not, and even his very powers are more force based while the powers of a SW are more about the lightsaber. He's also more into knowledge than the SW, and knowledge itself is was fuels true power.

Also, circumstances would go to prove that the SI is actually stronger. The SW came from a lineage of force users and was respected and given opportunities to train since childhood from the get-go. The SI grew up until adulthood as a slave, and had to learn on the fly how to manipulate and become powerful just to survive. The way I see it, the SI and SW were thrown out to sea and told to get to shore, but the SW was thrown out waaay closer to shore and was given a raft, while the SI was thrown out miles behind and told to swim. And had a weight tied to his leg. Both sith made it to a high position of power in the end, but the SI had to go through a LOT more to get it, and beat odds that were WAY more stacked against him. So, in my opinion, the SI is actually stronger. To get where he was with no prior training and so many powerful enemies within the empire who wanted him dead from the start. I don't think the SW would have made it in the same position.

Of course, despite all this, my opinion is that the SW is not just a tool. His former master learned the hard way at the end, make him angry enough and he will surprise you. The SW is more into brute strength and violence, but he can think and can manipulate, and given the opportunity he will. Oh, and this is all just my humble $0.02. I played both stories and this is what I believe.
Inquisitor > all other classes. Yep, I totally went there.

Katahn
05.30.2012 , 09:24 AM | #38
I like the gameplay of the SI but honestly Bioware could have done a much better job conveying the scheming and plotting of its archetype in the films: Palpatine. The actual story makes a lot of sense for a more thuggish assassin - blundering around and being told what needs to be done fits the Darth Maul concept much more squarely than it does Palpatine. Of course my SI (first one anyway) was an assassin so I am biased.

The SW definitely fits the entire concept of Vader from the get-go. Chasing down and converting the Padawan has echos of Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker. Acting as the enforcer that utterly demolishes the enemies of his master, inspiring fear and leaving destruction in his wake. Yet at the same time you have these options to build your powerbase and to ironically play more of the plotter than the SI ever was able to are nice to see.
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

peacelovebacon
11.25.2012 , 05:08 PM | #39
As far as both classes go am i the only one who finds it slightly ironic that the sith warrior does more manipulating politically and otherwise then the supposed "manipulator" the sith inquisitor

lokdron
11.25.2012 , 08:17 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by peacelovebacon View Post
As far as both classes go am i the only one who finds it slightly ironic that the sith warrior does more manipulating politically and otherwise then the supposed "manipulator" the sith inquisitor
Exactly you don't know how many times my darkside SW has manipulated people. The SI does not manipulate people and there is no political manipulations either in the story what so over. The class story causes the SI IQ to go down and it goes up while doing planet questlines.

In the SI story your like the boss who makes the minions come up with all the plans and ideas and you just roll with it. The SI story is nothing like how it was advertised before release I was so disappointed when I played the SI. With the sith warrior I was like *** at how many options they have when dealing with certain situations

In the SW story you can mind screw jedi and make them fall to the dark side, manipulate people to your own ends make a jedi fall to the dark side and become your apprentice(I was pissed off with ashara and angry) Its like the sith warrior story has bits from darth vader and darth sidious. Plus tatooine was awesome with sith warrior the oasis scene was awesome.

While the SI? I don't know what the SI is about I just force lightninged my way to the dark council seat. Darth sidious turns in his grave when he is compared to the SI he would be more approving of the SW. The sad fact is I prefer SI gameplay over the SW but in terms of story the SW got the SI beat in terms of being a sith and the story in general it tramples the SI into the ground.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!