Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Warriors are just a Weak tool ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Sith Warriors are just a Weak tool ?

lokdron
05.29.2012 , 04:15 PM | #21
Captain whats wrong with being a tool? Its fun I love trolling people as a DS sith warrior and stepping over peoples corpses. People who tend to meet me have a high mortality rate since that feeds the dark side which in turns fuels my power.

Oh as marius said I simply used lightning to reach the dark council spot no planning what so ever I just shoved lightning bolts up peoples butts and low and behold I am on the dark council. Yeah I was not impressed felt more like a manipulator in the SW storyline and its much easier following kriea's teachings as a sith warrior(ended up at dark 5 playing like that) than SI.

I mean look at the SI story trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6MNcbQdS24&feature=fvst

From 0:58 to 1:10 the SI does none of that in their story.

The SI says in the video "I know that treachery…can break even the mightiest foe." and "The true power of the Dark Side; it is claimed by many, but known by few."

It seems that the sith warrior understands these words more than the SI.

Captain_Zone
05.29.2012 , 04:20 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
Captain whats wrong with being a tool? Its fun I love trolling people as a DS sith warrior and stepping over peoples corpses. People who tend to meet me have a high mortality rate since that feeds the dark side which in turns fuels my power.

Oh as marius said I simply used lightning to reach the dark council spot no planning what so ever I just shoved lightning bolts up peoples butts and low and behold I am on the dark council. Yeah I was not impressed felt more like a manipulator in the SW storyline and its much easier following kriea's teachings as a sith warrior(ended up at dark 5 playing like that) than SI.

I mean look at the SI story trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6MNcbQdS24&feature=fvst

From 0:58 to 1:10 the SI does none of that in their story.

The SI says in the video "I know that treachery…can break even the mightiest foe." and "The true power of the Dark Side; it is claimed by many, but known by few."

It seems that the sith warrior understands these words more than the SI.
I meant that I felt like Baras's tool when I didn't troll him, said "Yes, my lord" instead of "Nice set of lungs you have there!" Yeah, I loved being a tool to people who deserved it, but not so much into being Baras's Tool that bowed, simpered, and basically kissed butt to get ahead. Not my style.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

ZirusZero
05.29.2012 , 04:21 PM | #23
They are as a DSer working for Darth Fatty. As LS, you aren't just Darth Fatty's little thug.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

Maaruin
05.29.2012 , 04:27 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
I meant that I felt like Baras's tool when I didn't troll him, said "Yes, my lord" instead of "Nice set of lungs you have there!" Yeah, I loved being a tool to people who deserved it, but not so much into being Baras's Tool that bowed, simpered, and basically kissed butt to get ahead. Not my style.
I had the impresson for light side warriors this "Yes, my lord" fits much better. Baras thinks of you as his best apprentice really respect him, but he knows nothing of your secret agenda.

Of course, in this game you know Baras won't kill you for trolling him and being light side. But doesn't it get unrealistic some times?
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

lokdron
05.29.2012 , 04:28 PM | #25
Oh those conversation options I sometimes picked some of "yes master"/"I will murder the target in some horrible fashion" lines for story immersion sake since sith masters normally force choke/lightning the apprentice if they talk too much smack. I don't recall a sith apprentice talking smack and trolling their master and getting away with it without some kind reprimand.

Plus you are meant to act loyal so the master grows lax and it may reveal any weaknesses in them for the day you will kill them and take their place.

I mean has Darth vader or Darth zannah trolled bane/sidious when under their guidance? I don't think so and I think they will not take trolling kindly.

I think baras did not do anything since we have plot armor oh but I could not resist saying to baras when arriving on nar shaada saying "it is his kind of place" and he responded "Maybe in my youth" that made me grin.

Jenzali
05.29.2012 , 04:40 PM | #26
Most of the "yes, master" dialogue options also said [Lie] next to them so I thought they were well-placed regardless of your roleplaying position.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Charell
05.29.2012 , 04:42 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoliaxen View Post
im asking some info from people who more into these Story Lores and stuff

Are Sith warriors Only a Tool for the Unlimited Power wielder Inquisitors ?
my main is a light sided Sith Sorc i Realy Like The story Power collecting Death Sithlords ghosts Draining etc to be the strongest and the way How the Inquisitor want to Change the WHOLE empire.

i like the Abilities too Etc etc.
i just dont like the mechanic 's ( Forced to have a Tanking Companion bicous you survival is pathetic WHERE is the Unlimited power ? ) and i REALY love if my char feels like its unkilable.

So
I started to play a Sith jugg
only around lvl 24

im folowing the story and it feels like im just a Mindles warrior for the Inq ?
No mysteries no Hiden powers just go and kill.

and in the story of Inquisitor i saw they have powers that can basicaly rip your Soul apart by just raising his hand.
what a Warrior have ? a Lightsaber ?
my Sorc is lvl 36
i Realy have a hard time choosing a main

i mostly like the playstile of the jugg and im leaning to it to be my main instead but EVERY time i remember these stuff that i just writed down i look on my char like a weakling and totaly and i mean TOTALY sets me of to play it.

is there some HIDEN story somewhere or something that shows that they CAN be REALY powerfull not just a tool that can die by an INQ that just raised his hand to destroy his soul ???
They are a tool if you go Dark Side... If you go light you try to reform the empire with your own with order. Deffinitly not a tool if you go Light
Jedi Covenent: The Sohn Legacy
Charell SW, Dareo BH , Elleona SI Raliceh JC, Ellensohn RT, Le'pold SM
The Fatman: Coolestjediever JK Ebon Hawk: IA

lokdron
05.29.2012 , 04:42 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
Most of the "yes, master" dialogue options also said [Lie] next to them so I thought they were well-placed regardless of your roleplaying position.
Really? I never seen that I mean sure you can role play that you are lying but I never saw the lie annotation next to the "Yes master" conversation options.

Maaruin
05.29.2012 , 04:48 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
Really? I never seen that I mean sure you can role play that you are lying but I never saw the lie annotation next to the "Yes master" conversation options.
Did you play LS? I think if you are DS you don't have to lie to Baras.

I definitly recall the "[Lie] I killed Nomen Karr." - Option.

Edit: I could imagine a Dark Side Warrior getting away with trolling his master because: "He is a very mighty tool, even if he doesn't know how to show respect." But I can't imagine a LS warrior getting away with it.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Ranadiel_Marius
05.29.2012 , 06:30 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Edit: I could imagine a Dark Side Warrior getting away with trolling his master because: "He is a very mighty tool, even if he doesn't know how to show respect." But I can't imagine a LS warrior getting away with it.
It isn't like Baras always hates it when you make a LS decision. Like I remember on Dromuund Kaas, at Grathan's estate I made the LS decision to spare the child and kill Grathan. When I reported in to Darth Chubaras I told him the glory of the FTB that followed and it made his day. Which was hilarious to me as my SW basically ended up with a complete victory by undermining Baras's authority, got a potential ally(who never does anything), got a FTB, and brightented the day of Lord Tubbums.

Spoiler
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)