Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mako is a [Spoiler]

AshlaBoga
05.21.2012 , 02:11 AM | #1
So I just finished my BH's romance arc with Mako (until 2.0 comes out anyway) and discovered she was a clone.
I suspected this since back on Dromund Kaas when we were attacked by 2 Mako lookalikes but was willing to just accepted the idea of Mako being a quadruplet. After we discover that Mako is one of a dozen (duodecaplets) I really fairly certain that she was a clone - even in Star Wars 12 identical twins is unlikely. When Coral confirmed it in Act 3 I was really hoping the twist would be that Coral was actually a clone and that Mako was the one and only original. Really, I was almost certain they'd reveal this when I spared Coral (or killed her if DS) but... NOTHING.

What did you guys/gals think of the whole "Mako is a clone" thing?

erei
05.21.2012 , 11:29 AM | #2
According to Coral, Mako is a clone, and Coral the original. But it may be wrong, Coral is kind of psycho and a liar.
Anyway, I feel it lack of closure. Why clones ? SIS work ? What happen to Mako ? How many still alive/at large ? Is she some sleeping agent and will go rampage on the ship ?
And about the romance, there is like 2 conversations once done, one for "oh we are alone in the ship" and the next is "let's have a wedding !". That's a bit short. No kid talk, nothing. And once the romance is done, you have the generic "you're great" conversation, which mean you marry first, then she say you are "an OK guy".

AshlaBoga
05.23.2012 , 02:26 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by erei View Post
According to Coral, Mako is a clone, and Coral the original. But it may be wrong, Coral is kind of psycho and a liar.
Anyway, I feel it lack of closure. Why clones ? SIS work ? What happen to Mako ? How many still alive/at large ? Is she some sleeping agent and will go rampage on the ship ?
And about the romance, there is like 2 conversations once done, one for "oh we are alone in the ship" and the next is "let's have a wedding !". That's a bit short. No kid talk, nothing. And once the romance is done, you have the generic "you're great" conversation, which mean you marry first, then she say you are "an OK guy".
In regards to how many are still alive/at large I completely missed the possibility of that because I just excepted Mako's (quite possibly erroneous conclusion) that she and Coral were the last ones. Clearly they were they were last ones who's DNA Certificates were on file with the SIS, that doesn't mean there aren't more of them.

I can't believe I didn't consider this before, good catch Erei!

AshlaBoga
05.25.2012 , 09:23 PM | #4
Okay, I'd really like some more people to give me their opinions here so...

*shameless BUMP*

KorinHyvek
05.25.2012 , 09:33 PM | #5
I suspect the reason Mako's storyline has such a vague ending is because the developers already had plans for what was going to happen in the next story patch.
The Ferrin Legacy, Ebon Hawk
Major Volner Ferrin // Darth Hessar

Tsarvong
07.09.2012 , 06:24 PM | #6
I HOPE MAKO IS NOT A CLONE because it doesnt feel right to have her as a clone so people of SWTOR plz don't have mako as a clone in the future of the game PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pubsam
07.09.2012 , 08:46 PM | #7
Yeah, she's obviously a clone. I'm not sure whether it's even important if she's the 'original' or clone #12, seems like the whole batch was some bizarre experiment.

What's weird is how oblivious Mako seemed about the whole thing. After dealing with Coral she's like, 'Wow! What was Coral talking about being the original and I'm a copy!" And my BH was just like, "...um, don't think about it. She was just being crazy! Let's go now!"

I was expecting there to be another conversation with that SIS guy (who said he needed to talk to Mako) where we'd learn just who/what she is, why she was made, and most importantly, is the SIS going to try to take her back since she probably has some secrets locked in that cyberbrain. I've finished the conversation arcs for a number of companions, can't think of one that has such an open ending as this.

Poor Mako. Discovering she's a clone should be the final straw to break the the perky, naivete out of her. Unless that perkiness was cloned right in there or something.
Time for a nap.

Captain_Zone
07.10.2012 , 08:17 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsarvong View Post
I HOPE MAKO IS NOT A CLONE because it doesnt feel right to have her as a clone so people of SWTOR plz don't have mako as a clone in the future of the game PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, bro. She's a clone. Deal.

But seriously, it doesn't make her any less of a person. She was part of an SIS cloning experiment. I would, however, like some more backstory on the experiment itself, and how she ended up on the mean streets of Nar Shaddaa in the first place. Something having to do with Coral, is all we've been told.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Captain_Zone
07.10.2012 , 08:20 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Pubsam View Post
Yeah, she's obviously a clone. I'm not sure whether it's even important if she's the 'original' or clone #12, seems like the whole batch was some bizarre experiment.

What's weird is how oblivious Mako seemed about the whole thing. After dealing with Coral she's like, 'Wow! What was Coral talking about being the original and I'm a copy!" And my BH was just like, "...um, don't think about it. She was just being crazy! Let's go now!"

I was expecting there to be another conversation with that SIS guy (who said he needed to talk to Mako) where we'd learn just who/what she is, why she was made, and most importantly, is the SIS going to try to take her back since she probably has some secrets locked in that cyberbrain. I've finished the conversation arcs for a number of companions, can't think of one that has such an open ending as this.

Poor Mako. Discovering she's a clone should be the final straw to break the the perky, naivete out of her. Unless that perkiness was cloned right in there or something.
I get the feeling there is more to come in Mako's story, tbh. Just a hunch I have.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Pubsam
07.10.2012 , 01:07 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Sorry, bro. She's a clone. Deal.

But seriously, it doesn't make her any less of a person. She was part of an SIS cloning experiment. I would, however, like some more backstory on the experiment itself, and how she ended up on the mean streets of Nar Shaddaa in the first place. Something having to do with Coral, is all we've been told.
Yeah so what if she's a clone! She's had her own experiences and is her own person. She's certainly nothing like Coral.
Time for a nap.