Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing SWMoniTOR! - Peer-to-Peer Live Combat Parsing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Announcing SWMoniTOR! - Peer-to-Peer Live Combat Parsing

Gaktar
05.11.2012 , 01:17 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by alifaraaz View Post
I havnt played around with this so sorry if this sounds stupid. But from the pictures on the site showing how it works, the threat meter shows numbers but no percentage of threat relative to whoever currently has aggro. Yknow to make it easier to see when a dps is approaching 130% threat or whatever.

Don't know if it's even possible to do that - but yeah, would be nice to see
Yes, currently the threat meter only shows the total threat generated for the encounter. There are plans in place to display threat per enemy which would also include displaying the overtake gap percent. The only problem with this is that for enounters with multiple mobs named the same, there are no unique identifiers so they would all be counted as the same enemy (which is normally not a problem since they are usually low health trash).
SWMoniTOR - Peer-to-Peer Live Combat Parser
Makya ||| Standard Deviations ||| The Shadowlands

Gaktar
05.11.2012 , 01:22 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Zephyrforce View Post
pretty sure it was written in delphi. feels that way anyway. I've be happy to help as well if you opened up the source.
Yes, it's written in Delphi and we don't currently have any plans to release the source code for quite a few reasons(Why we don't release the source code?). Besides, I used to co-manage an open source project and it was a pain in the arse and I vowed to never do that again

Darkrobes
05.11.2012 , 05:45 PM | #23
So far, I am loving this! Can't wait to see the single-target threat changes, and overhealing.

One idea I have, if you wouldn't mind taking suggestions. Me and my friend would prefer to run this mazimized, but that limits our visual perspective of Mumble. Would it be possible to have a plugin that would create a window in your program for VOIP programs like Mumble, Ventrilo, etc? If you could do that, me love you long time

Maestrodomus
05.12.2012 , 06:25 PM | #24
We've used it in 16 persons raid the past two nights. While I enjoy the interface and improved metrics, connections are definitely an issue. People are randomly being included and excluded for certain encounters, randomly showing up in groups alone, being listed as "linkdead" when they appear connected on their end, etc.
Dark Fury [Canderous Ordo]

Gaktar
05.12.2012 , 06:41 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Maestrodomus View Post
We've used it in 16 persons raid the past two nights. While I enjoy the interface and improved metrics, connections are definitely an issue. People are randomly being included and excluded for certain encounters, randomly showing up in groups alone, being listed as "linkdead" when they appear connected on their end, etc.
We've identified an issue that could be causing this, look for an update in the next day or two. We will also be improving the troubleshooting functionality to work within an already formed group to help identify what may be going wrong with this or other issues. In general though, MoniTOR should work for 16 man operations without a problem, that's the size operations we run most nights in my guild where it was beta tested.

Maestrodomus
05.12.2012 , 06:48 PM | #26
I wasn't suggesting the size had anything to do with it. In fact we finished Nightmare Pilgrim and went to an 8 Denova and had the same problems for the rest of the night.

Gridina
05.12.2012 , 06:55 PM | #27
My raid used it last night and saw the same thing (Incidently im the one who posted on the swmonitor forums about it).

From the reply i got there, it seems if u dont regen the raid key shortly before u use it, it may cause problems.

Ill br trying again tonite with fresh raid key as we start, and see how it goes. Would love to use this, as it allows much greater degree of live detail than competitors.

Had a mara who was using it say numbers from their healing aura thing seemed quite strange in the healing graph (extremely high, beating both healers in 8m at times on HM Kephess) I couldnt see the graph cause of teh disconnect issue, so just taking his word for it.

He also mentioned threat oddities with vanish. Ive seen most live things have big troubles with this, so im guessin it'll just be one of those things they'll slowly get better at detailing.

Maestrodomus
05.12.2012 , 06:57 PM | #28
We've tried multiple keys, even in the same night. You have to constantly disconnect and reconnect to see everyone or they slowly start to drop from your frame.

Gaktar
05.12.2012 , 07:14 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Maestrodomus View Post
We've tried multiple keys, even in the same night. You have to constantly disconnect and reconnect to see everyone or they slowly start to drop from your frame.
The changes I mentioned that we're making to the troubleshooting report should help us identify and fix any remaining problems with the connection code. In the meantime, have your guild members run the existing troubleshooting report before they join your next operation (if they do it after they register for the operation it will disconnect them and that will trigger the problem we've already identified) and let us know if there's anything that doesn't show up as "passed".

We're committed to quickly making this a solid, stable product for the community so we appreciate the help in getting this or other issues nailed down.

Maestrodomus
05.12.2012 , 07:31 PM | #30
I'll try that our next raid. I know someone used it last night but they definitely were already connected.