Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Updates

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zavas
05.10.2012 , 08:04 PM | #1
Dear SWTOR why am i having to update almost every time i launch your game? This is getting a bit rediculous. Especially when i have to do a repair. Please make it stop. I love the game but this is aggravating.
Sains of the Old Republic
A Christian Republic Guild
Visit Our Website

LAUS DEO SEMPER

Zavas
05.10.2012 , 08:17 PM | #2
Super Duper! A repair! Great so now i have to wait an hour to play the game! I love it! Thank you so much!!!
Sains of the Old Republic
A Christian Republic Guild
Visit Our Website

LAUS DEO SEMPER

Sutii
05.10.2012 , 08:48 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Zavas,

The most common solution to this issue is making sure everything is up to date. Please ensure that you have checked the following:
  • Check that your Graphics card has the most recent drivers installed. For instructions on how to update your Graphics card drivers please see here.

• You should make sure that you have the latest version of DirectX installed on your system. For further details please check here

• You should check that you have the latest Service Pack and Windows Updates installed for your operating system including the optional updates such as .NET Framework and Visual C++ features.

• You should try using the 'Repair' utility on the launcher. To do this please click on the button located in the bottom left hand corner of the launcher window. This will open a settings menu where you will be able to find and click on the 'Repair' button.

• If you are experiencing this issue after having installed the game from a physical copy, please try running the Fixlauncher.exe located in your installation directory. This is located by default at:
    • 32bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
    • 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
If this didn't work try downloading the installer from www.swtor.com/download and running this over your existing installation.

Please also ensure that your computer meets the minimum specifications required to run the game.

If you are still encountering this issue after checking all of the above, please reply here including a DxDiag report and your most recent client and launcher logs. Information on how to obtain these can be found here.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support