Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quest Progression Regressed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Quest Progression Regressed
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MilevMefir
05.10.2012 , 02:09 PM | #1
I don't know if anyone else has had this issue. I have a character whom I hadn't played in a while, since well before 1.2. I just recently logged back in to that character, and he was back on Alderaan. He's lvl 35 and had finished all of Alderaan and all of Tatooine and was in the Nar Shadda bonus series.

I put in a ticket hoping somethign can be fixed with this, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if it got fixed for them. Or did they have to re-play through everything.

MarcusShadow
05.10.2012 , 02:39 PM | #2
Not to sound mean, but... what exactly is the issue here?

MilevMefir
05.10.2012 , 03:23 PM | #3
My quest progression is way back from where I was. I went from the Nar Shadda bonus series to all the way back to Alderaan. i.e being part way into the chapter 2 story of the Jedi Knight to being back at the end of Chapter 1 and needing to start it all over again.

Onyx
05.10.2012 , 05:52 PM | #4
What's the last thing you remember having done story-wise? And what's the current step it says you need to do for your class quest?

In the JK storyline there actually is some maneuvering back and forth between planets at the end of chapter 1 and the beginning of chapter 2.
Star Wars fan for life
C C X X:
1st Special Forces Group
S . A . N . C . T . U . M . . . O . F . . . T . H . E . . . E . X . A . L . T . E . D
SWG: 2003 thru 12.15.2011 . . . . . Kettemoor ~ Starsider

rjkishida
05.10.2012 , 06:52 PM | #5
I had the same problem and sent a ticket to CS. Their reply was predictable and useless.

1. They were sorry I had a problem.
2. The patches roll back quests when and issue within a quest is dealt with.
3. There was nothing they could do.

You're screwed. GET USED TO THIS. There is nothing CS can do!

Xaryell
05.10.2012 , 07:21 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by MilevMefir View Post
My quest progression is way back from where I was. I went from the Nar Shadda bonus series to all the way back to Alderaan. i.e being part way into the chapter 2 story of the Jedi Knight to being back at the end of Chapter 1 and needing to start it all over again.
Hello MilevMefir,

The scenario that Onyx has mentioned is quite possible. Could you reply back with the name of the missions currently listed in your Mission Log under the 'Class' section, and the current step/task you are listed as being on?

Can you also confirm that you had finished all of the Alderaan Class story missions? What is the last class mission that you remember completing before 1.2? Please also be aware that there was a patch note from 1.2 which advised that some missions would need to be reset due to updates: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.2.0/legacy

Quote:
Some missions that have received updates (fixes for map notes, Story Areas, and some text fixes) have been reset. Players are only affected if a mission they had in progress has been changed in this way.
Thanks for your patience.

Xaryell | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

MilevMefir
05.10.2012 , 07:25 PM | #7
Well, when I logged back in I had to use the holoprojector on my ship which gives you the ghost of Master Din telling you to go to Tatooine. I had finished Tatooine and was back at Nar Shadda and doing the bonus series. I guess it won't be a huge deal to go back to Tatooine and run through the class quests, but if so it's going to be a pain in the butt.

The thing is, it's not just the class quests that got rolled back. It's all the quests. It's like I never did them. But, my character is still at the level I was at.

@Xaryell - It's hard to say. It has been quite a while since I last played this character. As I said above, the class quest it was on when I logged back in was the one where you speak with the ghost of Orgus Din who tells you to go to Tatooine and find a ship. I wish I could say more, but I hadn't played the character in months.

Xaryell
05.10.2012 , 07:35 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello MilevMefir,

Thanks for the update. The Nar Shaddaa bonus series is not part of the Class story. Your description of the events there would actually indicate that there has been no rollback on your Class Missions. It sounds like you are on the correct path.

I would advise progressing your class story through the next few steps, you should soon be able to see that this is not a repeat of previously completed missions.

I hope this helps.

Xaryell | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Onyx
05.10.2012 , 09:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MilevMefir View Post
Well, when I logged back in I had to use the holoprojector on my ship which gives you the ghost of Master Din telling you to go to Tatooine. I had finished Tatooine and was back at Nar Shadda and doing the bonus series. I guess it won't be a huge deal to go back to Tatooine and run through the class quests, but if so it's going to be a pain in the butt.
Actually that would be correct. You do have to go back to Tatooine in the early part of chapter 2

I don't think the class quest has reset for you--the name of the quest should be "Guided by the Force", and it's a mid-30s level quest. In fact it's actually one of the more difficult encounters in the entire storyline.

It takes place in an area of Tat that you can't see until you have been given this quest.
Star Wars fan for life
C C X X:
1st Special Forces Group
S . A . N . C . T . U . M . . . O . F . . . T . H . E . . . E . X . A . L . T . E . D
SWG: 2003 thru 12.15.2011 . . . . . Kettemoor ~ Starsider