Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unacceptable Customer Service

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unacceptable Customer Service

netslave
05.10.2012 , 01:53 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Gianavel View Post
If only they had something that you could track your quests with on your screen. Maybe make it default to the upper right hand corner, and it could tell you what you needed to do next to complete the quest¡

Good customer service doesn't mean that they give you what you want, it's establishing a policy and treating everybody fairly according to that policy.
Hmm, I seem to have missed the part where the quest tracker told me to do something BEFORE I ZONED OUT. Sure, the quest tracker was there, but have you ever gone back into an instance to complete a quest that you didn't realize was in the actual instance? I have. It's possible to keep the instance alive, and keep access to the instance until you have completed the quest. It happens all the time in their mini instances throughout the game. This should be no different.

In fact, even in Operations, when the final boss is killed, YOU CAN STILL ZONE IN TO THE INSTANCE.

That's the problem here. Once I realized what happened, I tried to zone back in to complete the quest and was inhibited by a design that gave no warning whatsoever.

Good customer service isn't about giving every customer what they want all the time. Good customer service takes each case into consideration and services the customer. Pointing me to the suggestion box isn't Customer Service, it's customer maintenance. They might as well fire the humans that work for them and replace them with the familiar auto responses most of us get.

Gianavel
05.10.2012 , 02:19 PM | #22
There have been times that I haven't checked my quest tracker (or looked for triangles on my minimap) before leaving an area. Having to run back or reenter an instance does suck. But that's my fault for not checking. If I were to submit a ticket stating, "Hey, I forgot to click on X thingy over on the other side of the map. Can you teleport me back over there?" they would tell me, "No, sorry, you have to run." They would be right to do so.

Your issue isn't one of customer service, but of mechanics.

MarcusShadow
05.10.2012 , 02:37 PM | #23
There have been times that I haven't checked my quest tracker (or looked for triangles on my minimap) before leaving an area. Having to run back or reenter an instance does suck. But that's my fault for not checking. If I were to submit a ticket stating, "Hey, I forgot to click on X thingy over on the other side of the map. Can you teleport me back over there?" they would tell me, "No, sorry, you have to run." They would be right to do so.

Your issue isn't one of customer service, but of mechanics.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but It don't think the OP was complaining about having to go back to click the triangle. I believe his complaint is that the game's design forbids him from going back for it. I'm sorry, but I have to agree with the OP on this one. I think Bioware's biggest issue is the fact that their in-game contacts are CSRs. That's not how you do it. You put in Game Managers (I think its what they're called) to deal with in-game tickets. These people have the authority to do what is needed to make a situation right based on the case at hand. That's how Turbine runs Lord of the Rings Online (or did when I was playing it). CSRs always have their hands tied by red tape and whatnot. GMs do not. For in-game issues, you need people who have power and are willing to use it. Otherwise there's no point to having in-game support. Also, your GMs (or in Bioware's case, CSRs) MUST reply in a timely fashion or, again, no point. If it's one thing I can say about Turbine, it's that their Customer Service was top notch. Their in-game GMs were mostly friendly and helpful and replied in a timely manner. We there things they couldn't do either because they lacked the power or the authority or because it was completely our fault? Sure. But something as simple as, "I didn't realize I had to turn this in before leaving and now I can't go back?" Yeah, Turbine's GMs would have been like, "Oh. Well don't make that mistake again." Then would teleport you back into the instance and send you on your way. Or, depending on the GM you got, they might even save you the trouble and just remove the quest from your tracker and give you the rewards on the spot.

Howver, OP, you said you spent 4+ Hours going back and forth with CSRs? You should have spent that time doing the HM over again and getting your reward that way. Especially after the second response when you realized that the CSRs weren't going to or couldn't help you. Then post on here, maybe in the suggestion box, in an effort to get some policies changed or get Bioware to hire and implement a group of GMs to tackle in-game tickets. What I'm trying to say is that while I understand your complaint and I agree with you completely, I think your energy and time would have been better spent just going and doing the instance over again, then trying to effect change to help ensure others in this community don't have to go through this BS.

Delfoo
05.10.2012 , 02:44 PM | #24
Hint, they can't ban you since the EULA is not a binding contract tied into the purchase of the service generally. They can try, but again it's a bit iffy on the whole "How can you prove that in court that I personally did this without a wet ink signature, my government mandated passport or digital certificate, signature or key ?".

Also can we change the topic name from Unacceptable to "None". Might go over to "Exceptional" if you add a "Dis" to service.

Lergash
05.10.2012 , 02:52 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Delfoo View Post
Hint, they can't ban you since the EULA is not a binding contract tied into the purchase of the service generally. They can try, but again it's a bit iffy on the whole "How can you prove that in court that I personally did this without a wet ink signature, my government mandated passport or digital certificate, signature or key ?".

Also can we change the topic name from Unacceptable to "None". Might go over to "Exceptional" if you add a "Dis" to service.
You can have your account suspended or banned, same as any MMO. Why would you believe otherwise?

You pay for access, not service. If you buy a movie ticket and make a lot of noise or disturb other people, you will be thrown out, even if you didn't see the whole movie, right?
IA* I wouldn't venture out there fellas. This sniper's got talent.

Delfoo
05.10.2012 , 02:52 PM | #26
In short, I have friends, guild mates, the lot to tell me "There there." I prefere patches to be tested, and when a boss bug locks out half an ops and we send a ticket the reply to arrive before the lockout and to be of a meaningful content and not a swing at stipulating "There there."
Or as an old saying in programming says, Debuggers do not remove bugs, they just let you monitor them as they happen.
So please for the last time get people who can do something or if you'll stick to this level of service, go into online ticket stores and money transfer where the bar for software quality and customer support has been lowered enough already.

Gianavel
05.10.2012 , 03:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MarcusShadow View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but It don't think the OP was complaining about having to go back to click the triangle. I believe his complaint is that the game's design forbids him from going back for it.
Right, and that's a mechanics/design issue, not an issue of customer service. He received good customer service - it's just that he's pissed that the answer was "No." Instead of complaining about the perceived "poor" CS he received, he should be suggesting a change in the game's mechanics that will would allow him to go back into the flashpoint the next time he makes this mistake.

netslave
05.10.2012 , 04:36 PM | #28
Right, and that's a mechanics/design issue, not an issue of customer service. He received good customer service - it's just that he's pissed that the answer was "No." Instead of complaining about the perceived "poor" CS he received, he should be suggesting a change in the game's mechanics that will would allow him to go back into the flashpoint the next time he makes this mistake.
But there's no way for me to fix the mechanics. The only recourse I have is to stop playing the poorly designed game. I rely on Customer Service to help me where I am helpless. Otherwise, what's the point of Customer Service? To quote rules? If they can't actually help anyone, why bother having a department at all?

As for the idea of rerunning the FP. I've for Ops planned for my free time for the next few days, and I work during the day, so last night was probably the only night I could do it this week. So yeah, It's a little annoying to be blocked from completing a quest due to 'intended' game mechanics.

Solar_Breeze
05.10.2012 , 05:16 PM | #29
In the first week LI came out we experienced the 'Door closed' on failure in the last fight bug.

2 people (one of which was me) raised an in game bug report.
I received - "This is working as intended" type reply my friend received "Please try resetting your UI and try resetting the flashpoint".
On querying how such a stupid thing could be 'as intended' they said that I could try resetting the flashpoint.... Having spend 3 hours in there (1st attempt on week of release) you can understand how that might not of gone down too well to have to reset it back to the beginning. Not to mention the reply didn't come until much later after we had given up.

Then what do we see next week's patch
"We have fixed a bug with the LI door closing after a failed attempt...."

I sympathise with the problem :P

Psorrf
05.10.2012 , 05:34 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Adnihilo View Post

been 4 days now with no answer to my question, which is very uncommen with support

P.S should anybody have seen the post about the solution plz post link or something, havent found it yet xP
Adnihilio, it's been 14 days since my request to CS with no reply, so I feel your pain. CDT issue started after character transfers completed and progressively worsened to almost 10 minute intervals. I went through the multitude of threads on the issue and even though the solution I found was for an issue I wasn't experiencing it solved the CTD problem for me. No guarantee it will work for you as I don't know what your setup is like but it could be worth a shot. I'm running a Win7 Home Premium desktop so the folder links will reflect this.

Head to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor and delete the DiskCacheArena file.

Head back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic and rename launcher.exe to something else.

Download a new launcher (SWTOR_setup.exe) I found it in this thread: http://www.swtor.com/fr/community/sh...d.php?t=413735. It should just install the launcher, not the whole game.

Once that is done run FixLauncher.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic. In the same folder change the properties of the new Launcher.exe to run in WinXP (ServicePack3) compatibly mode, and Run As Administrator.

Head to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient and make the same compatibility and administrator privileges changes to the swtor.exe.

Run the launcher and pray to whatever computer gods you choose. As I said it may not work for you but has done the trick for me. A lot of it seems counter intuitive, but hey that's PCs and dodgy code for you.

Hope you have some success. I have a few months left on my sub but I won't be renewing it. This hobby is just too much like work to make it enjoyable. Just my 2 cents.