Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unacceptable Customer Service

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unacceptable Customer Service

nissanmaxima
05.10.2012 , 12:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Hiply View Post
Ok, I'll chime in on this one too.

One of your CSRs was involved in one of my current issues as well, for what that's worth. I think the "Oh yes, we can resolve your issue but we won't resolve your issue" message is utter crap.

My smuggler is in the midst of the Alderan Bonus series and is stuck at the "Return to Jeren Organa" step about 2/3 of the way through the series of quests. I created a ticket, waited a day for a response, and received "Yes, that issue has been reported. There is nothing we can do to help you. Please abandon the quest chain and do it all over again, that might address your issue" as a response. If in fact they can force-complete broken quests...as they told you they could but would not because you didn't follow the precise steps of that flashpoint, explain to me why they can't resolve my issue by force-completing the quest.

Either they can't, they are powerless in these instances and refuse to admit it (or are not allowed to admit it) or they can and refuse to...which is utter crap.
Agree

Lergash
05.10.2012 , 12:51 PM | #12
I was attending a special exhibit at an art museum not to long ago.

If you have a paid membership, you can get into any of the traveling or special exhibits that are there within your membership year at no extra charge.

At the end of the gallery, near the exit, while viewing one of the last paintings near the back of the show, I saw someone leave the gallery and soon after try to walk back through the exit. Of course, the security personnel did not let the person back in. The person says, “But I was just here, and I am a paid member of the museum. Can’t you just let me back in for a second?” They could have, rather easily, let the person slip past, no harm no foul right?

Wrong. The guard does not have the authority to circumvent the rules just to be a nice person. I am sure that the CSR would love to make you happy and be the hero, but it’s against their rules.

The OP's issue is for the suggestion box forum and is not CS.
IA* I wouldn't venture out there fellas. This sniper's got talent.

netslave
05.10.2012 , 01:21 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lergash View Post
I was attending a special exhibit at an art museum not to long ago.

If you have a paid membership, you can get into any of the traveling or special exhibits that are there within your membership year at no extra charge.

At the end of the gallery, near the exit, while viewing one of the last paintings near the back of the show, I saw someone leave the gallery and soon after try to walk back through the exit. Of course, the security personnel did not let the person back in. The person says, “But I was just here, and I am a paid member of the museum. Can’t you just let me back in for a second?” They could have, rather easily, let the person slip past, no harm no foul right?

Wrong. The guard does not have the authority to circumvent the rules just to be a nice person. I am sure that the CSR would love to make you happy and be the hero, but it’s against their rules.

The OP's issue is for the suggestion box forum and is not CS.
The security guard in your example is tasked with keeping the area secure. His job is not customer service, it's customer safety. In my case, the customer service team has the ability to fix my issue. They can see that I effectively completed the mission I am requesting credit for. They have proof that I completed the mission. The only thing I didn't do was click a triangle prior to exiting the instance. It's their own design that won't let me back in.

In your example, it would be the same as if the person walked back around to the front door to visit an exhibit he forgot to view, but was told that he couldn't get back in.

I was inhibited from completing a mission due to poor design. Yes, I hit the exit area button, but if I have a quest that I can complete, I shouldn't lose progress on that quest by leaving the instance.

So this IS a CS issue, as well as a suggestion box issue. I'm a customer, and I expect to have service for the product that I am paying for. If they had the tools to fix my issue, it would have been faster and easier for them to resolve it by awarding the items that I had earned, rather than talk back and forth with me through email for 4+ hours.

Moofausa
05.10.2012 , 01:32 PM | #14
Cause they don't give two *****.

I got banned for 3 days for saying the F word over general, yet when I report people for vulgar comments, racism, or even impersonating a GM, do you think they do anything?

Over this game.

Lergash
05.10.2012 , 01:32 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by netslave View Post
The security guard in your example is tasked with keeping the area secure. His job is not customer service, it's customer safety. In my case, the customer service team has the ability to fix my issue. They can see that I effectively completed the mission I am requesting credit for. They have proof that I completed the mission. The only thing I didn't do was click a triangle prior to exiting the instance. It's their own design that won't let me back in.

In your example, it would be the same as if the person walked back around to the front door to visit an exhibit he forgot to view, but was told that he couldn't get back in.

I was inhibited from completing a mission due to poor design. Yes, I hit the exit area button, but if I have a quest that I can complete, I shouldn't lose progress on that quest by leaving the instance.

So this IS a CS issue, as well as a suggestion box issue. I'm a customer, and I expect to have service for the product that I am paying for. If they had the tools to fix my issue, it would have been faster and easier for them to resolve it by awarding the items that I had earned, rather than talk back and forth with me through email for 4+ hours.
The difference in my anecdote to your issues is semantic. Substitute guard with CSR and see the point.

I don't disagree that perhaps the mechanic could be changed, but to call out CS for following the rules that have been put in place for everyone is not going to get you anywhere (and it’s wrong to do it like this btw). Good CS is not all about giving the customer whatever they want whenever they want it. You have been given legit reasons (multiple times) for why your request is denied. All you can do is take steps to try and have the policy revised and the mechanic adjusted. Good luck to you.

Lergash
05.10.2012 , 01:33 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Moofausa View Post
Cause they don't give two *****.

I got banned for 3 days for saying the F word over general, yet when I report people for vulgar comments, racism, or even impersonating a GM, do you think they do anything?

Over this game.
Clearly you are wrong. Of course they care. It just doesn't seem that way to you because you have a beef.

Gianavel
05.10.2012 , 01:38 PM | #17
If only they had something that you could track your quests with on your screen. Maybe make it default to the upper right hand corner, and it could tell you what you needed to do next to complete the quest¡

Good customer service doesn't mean that they give you what you want, it's establishing a policy and treating everybody fairly according to that policy.

Gianavel
05.10.2012 , 01:40 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Lergash View Post
I don't disagree that perhaps the mechanic could be changed, but to call out CS for following the rules that have been put in place for everyone is not going to get you anywhere (and it’s wrong to do it like this btw). Good CS is not all about giving the customer whatever they want whenever they want it. You have been given legit reasons (multiple times) for why your request is denied. All you can do is take steps to try and have the policy revised and the mechanic adjusted. Good luck to you.
QFT.

pst... it's "anecdote".

Adnihilo
05.10.2012 , 01:45 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Gianavel View Post
If only they had something that you could track your quests with on your screen. Maybe make it default to the upper right hand corner, and it could tell you what you needed to do next to complete the quest¡

Good customer service doesn't mean that they give you what you want, it's establishing a policy and treating everybody fairly according to that policy.
i couldnt agree with you more m8, PUT! push hot fix to help ppl who cant find their matirix cube in no time, meanwhile those of us not able to play the game, didnt even get a decent timeframe in the reguards of how long,
we will be screwed

so yearh i agree with you in the sence its about fair treatment, but clearly it seems BW think the way to a happy community is ignoring them, instead of being upfront

Lergash
05.10.2012 , 01:48 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Gianavel View Post
QFT.

pst... it's "anecdote".
Thanks, there is no antidote to not proof reading. True story.