Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Want more story? It's on the website!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Want more story? It's on the website!

ADGarner's Avatar


ADGarner
05.08.2012 , 02:26 PM | #1
Found a gem on the website. Fully voiced and with animation! SWTOR history videos. Freakin awesome! http://www.swtor.com/holonet/galactic-history

Tuscad's Avatar


Tuscad
05.08.2012 , 02:28 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ADGarner View Post
Found a gem on the website. Fully voiced and with animation! SWTOR history videos. Freakin awesome! http://www.swtor.com/holonet/galactic-history
And Bioware isn't finishing it. The last update to it was in Feb 2011.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

ADGarner's Avatar


ADGarner
05.08.2012 , 08:25 PM | #3
I think a couple months delay isn't too bad. I'm happy they did this at all. Warcraft you had to play all the prior games or a lot of stuff made no sense.

Tuscad's Avatar


Tuscad
05.08.2012 , 08:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ADGarner View Post
I think a couple months delay isn't too bad. I'm happy they did this at all. Warcraft you had to play all the prior games or a lot of stuff made no sense.
Stephen Reid has stated that the time lines wont be finished. The Final update was a Year and 3 months ago.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Rouge's Avatar


Rouge
05.08.2012 , 11:57 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
Stephen Reid has stated that the time lines wont be finished. The Final update was a Year and 3 months ago.
Yes, it's a pity and I think they were and could still be good, low budget advertisement for the game.
Think of this: If you will play a Jedi or a Sith, now you will never get to take your apprentice to fight with you in flashpoints, warzones or raids. You will never face together any of the big end-game bosses.

Brimmer's Avatar


Brimmer
05.08.2012 , 11:58 PM | #6
Aye they released those over time prior to the release of the game - sadly they haven't added any more since launch
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

demotivator's Avatar


demotivator
05.09.2012 , 12:33 AM | #7
I am wondering if in the end they were not asked by LucasArts not to touch the early era of the timeline so that it remains opened to any future story. Better fill the gaps when needed than lock up a background that could require to be modified in the future.

That's about the most sensed reason I see for giving up on the timelines.
Randomizing your forums.

janne_josefsson's Avatar


janne_josefsson
05.09.2012 , 04:25 AM | #8
Never seen that one.

1+ thank you
http://www.myspace.com/ostermalmboys

Music straight from the rock-bottom of society

amnie's Avatar


amnie
05.09.2012 , 04:58 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by demotivator View Post
I am wondering if in the end they were not asked by LucasArts not to touch the early era of the timeline so that it remains opened to any future story. Better fill the gaps when needed than lock up a background that could require to be modified in the future.

That's about the most sensed reason I see for giving up on the timelines.
that's what I was thinking aswell

Fozziwig's Avatar


Fozziwig
05.09.2012 , 05:42 AM | #10
That seems plausible. I'm a writer, and if that's what you do, it's not that hard to crank out stories. They must not want to.