Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Connection issue since this mornings patch.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Connection issue since this mornings patch.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Chef_BoyRUdead
05.09.2012 , 10:13 AM | #11
Same problems here. 1 minute to 10 minutes of play time then disconnect.

Tried their fixes
Opened a service ticket
Sent them all the info they wanted.

This has been an issue with the game since 1.2 but just got really, really worse with each patch since.

Unsubscribed.

I love your game but with the route this is going it's like you don't want us to play and I can't justify paying for something that is this broken.

Here's my suggestion, let us help you. There are some very smart people on this forum (I am not one of them), tell us what you did to your networking starting in 1.2 and what you've done since and maybe they can help you.

You obviously have no clue what is wrong otherwise the problem would be getting better not worse. We all want this game to succeed, so I repeat, LET US HELP!

Cerimon
05.09.2012 , 10:27 AM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Darkneo,

Your pathping does indicate some packet loss including from hop 0 to 1.

Some things to try:
  • You may try power-cycling your router by turning its power off waiting 30 seconds and then turning it back on again.

• Hold the windows key on your keyboard and press the R key.
    When the run window appears type CMD into the box and press enter.
    When the CMD window opens type ipconfig /flushdns.
    When you have done this correctly they should see the message "Successfully flushed the DNS resolver cache".

• Are you using a wired or a wireless connection on your computer? If itís the latter, you could try connecting your computer directly to your router using a wired connection to see if it improves the performance of the game? Wireless network connections can be prone to reduced signal quality when compared to a wired connection on the same network. The reasons for this could be related to:
    • The quality of your wireless device and/or router
    • Interference from other wireless signals
    • Physical obstructions between your devices which reduce the wireless signal quality

• If you utilize traffic management software, this can sometimes interfere with or block the game from connecting to the servers. If you have this type of issue, and have programs like this running then you can try disabling them to see if it resolves the issue.

• You can try closing down any unnecessary applications that may be running in the background. You can check the applications tab and processes tab in Task Manager to see what programs are currently running.
Please let us know if your issue remains.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Darkneo
05.09.2012 , 10:35 AM | #13
Yes I haver tried all that and I don't even know why I bother as I know its something they did that is making these dc's occur. Will just have to wait for next patch to see if its fixed.

Chef_BoyRUdead
05.09.2012 , 11:19 AM | #14
I'm curious if any of these "fixes" have actually worked for anyone.

I'm banking on a big Ol' "NO".

It's a little insulting that they're still blaming the issues on us. To paraphrase "As if a million computers cried out in unison, DERP!"

They should at least be honest and come out with a post that says somthing like:

We admit that a change was made during patch of 1.2 that we have no idea how to fix. Unfortunately in our scrambling to fix the issue we've actually made it worse. So to make it look like we have any clue with what's going on please jump through these hoops and send us this data. Although we already have enough examples of this data to go on we are hoping the illusion of action will placate you for a while.

Thank you for playing star wars, please invite your friends to our bug-fest.

Jazura
05.10.2012 , 05:35 PM | #15
FIX THIS!
We pay for it, for now... but people will leave if you can't even manage these kind of issues. These should be hotfixed ASAP! No scripted customersservice reactions please.

Malocity
05.10.2012 , 06:16 PM | #16
I'm glad to see i'm not the only one this is happening to.
I got angry at my ISP, but i then checked on the forums to make sure i wasnt the only one randomly disconnecting and sitting at the infinite loading screen. Ugh, man makes me not want to play.

Onyx
05.10.2012 , 06:47 PM | #17
In both of the traces you've posted there are some network issues within several segments of the BT network--timeouts and packet-loss.

Usually those kinds of issues work themselves out, but if it continues you might want to call them.

With transient routing issues its quite common to experience problems getting to one location and not with another.
Star Wars fan for life
C C X X:
1st Special Forces Group
S . A . N . C . T . U . M . . . O . F . . . T . H . E . . . E . X . A . L . T . E . D
SWG: 2003 thru 12.15.2011 . . . . . Kettemoor ~ Starsider