Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about client_defaults.ini in retailclient folder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Question about client_defaults.ini in retailclient folder
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SuspectDown
05.05.2012 , 07:57 AM | #1
Under...

[Renderer]
Width=x
Height=x

I noticed that is not the same resolution as my screen size. I am curious what this does and if I should change it to my resolution?

My system is running fine with no issues, but I was just curious if any CSR could clarify that for me if it's a simple reply. Thank you!

Tirvaak
05.05.2012 , 08:10 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by SuspectDown View Post
Under...

[Renderer]
Width=x
Height=x

I noticed that is not the same resolution as my screen size. I am curious what this does and if I should change it to my resolution?

My system is running fine with no issues, but I was just curious if any CSR could clarify that for me if it's a simple reply. Thank you!
Hi SuspectDown,

I would recommend not to change the settings in this file. Changes to this can cause corruption to the installation.

Don't worry if these are not set to the native of your monitor as the game client does not run from these settings.

I hope this helps.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

SuspectDown
05.05.2012 , 09:38 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirvaak View Post
Hi SuspectDown,

I would recommend not to change the settings in this file. Changes to this can cause corruption to the installation.

Don't worry if these are not set to the native of your monitor as the game client does not run from these settings.

I hope this helps.
Thank you for the quick response!