Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loading Screen Bug/32000ping intentional?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Loading Screen Bug/32000ping intentional?

Maurdiib
05.05.2012 , 06:31 AM | #1
I recently unsubbed. Big deal, whatever. However this new service bug that causes 32,000 ping disconnects to an eternal loading screen that doesn't get past 1/4 of the way has drawn my interest. I noticed a lot of people complaining about this bug since 1.2.1 but had never experienced it myself. Not until yesterday, anyway. Yesterday I unsubbed, and immediately after doing this I began experiencing this bug. Like, immediately after. Since then my client has been nigh unplayable. This bug occurs every 30 seconds to 2 minutes making anything impossible. I've reinstalled my client 3 times; fresh. I managed to get in a decent hour of game play in today, but it's back to awful. I still have 16 days left on my subscription. I'm not really drawing conclusions but it seems suspicious. There hasn't even been a single word on this matter from CS.

If you're experiencing this bug, please indicate whether you're subbed still or not.

DjSnazzyduds
05.05.2012 , 06:41 AM | #2
I've had this issue. I am still subbed though, plan to be around for a while.

It lately it's been happening to be in flashpoints. The 2 nights ago I was doing The False Emperor, and my client when crazy on me about 5 times, 3 times in a row.

I would run in place and the status bar next to the minimap would indicate that I disconnected, however I was on Ventrilo with my guild, my connection was fine. Soon after the game takes me to a loading screen that, as you said is 1/4 full. It does not budge at all.

I just ALT+F4 and log back in. It is frustrating indeed. It happens randomly, but for me, it's been happening when I do Hardmode Flashpoints.
The Vodka Legacy
Absolut 50 Sorcerer | Greygoose 25 Sniper | Goldschläger 20 Powertech | Stolichnaya 30 Juggernaut

Maurdiib
05.05.2012 , 06:49 AM | #3
Alright, that's good. I was just starting to grow a little suspicious. I suppose it's worse for others.

I literally can't even play anymore, even voluntary. My client gets this bug so often I can literally kill about one mob and then I'm dc'ed. I won't even try to do a warzone. If I minimize, I'm sent to the loading screen. If I stand around for more than 5 minutes, I'm sent to the loading screen. It's absolutely mind-numbingly frustrating.

TheOnlyKyrenS
05.05.2012 , 06:51 AM | #4
I love the smell of tinfoil in the morning.
Quote: Originally Posted by corbanite View Post
oh great more constructive criticism.. god knows why some people think there are haters on this forum

Maurdiib
05.05.2012 , 07:00 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOnlyKyrenS View Post
I love the smell of tinfoil in the morning.
It's not like EA wouldn't do something like this. Considering the amount of pure **** we got from this epic failure coupled with the huge, empty promises. Just glad I wasn't foolish enough to purchase a $150.00 dust-collector.

EA is laughing to the bank, though. Ever heard of the term "designed obsolescence"? Ever heard of a pyramid scheme? Get so many so and so's to buy the exectuive version of whatever your peddling and by the time everyone realizes it's pure crap you've already dropped service for the product. And guess what, the ones at the top, the ones who pushed this nonsense are richer than hell. 200,000 cancelled subs since 1.2 has gotta say something.

Smoking meth is bad enough as it is. Smoking it out of tinfoil, however, is much, much worse. If you like the smell of burning aluminum and methamphetamine though, be my guest.

Sparklehorse
05.05.2012 , 07:28 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Maurdiib View Post
It's not like EA wouldn't do something like this. Considering the amount of pure **** we got from this epic failure coupled with the huge, empty promises. Just glad I wasn't foolish enough to purchase a $150.00 dust-collector.

EA is laughing to the bank, though. Ever heard of the term "designed obsolescence"? Ever heard of a pyramid scheme? Get so many so and so's to buy the exectuive version of whatever your peddling and by the time everyone realizes it's pure crap you've already dropped service for the product. And guess what, the ones at the top, the ones who pushed this nonsense are richer than hell. 200,000 cancelled subs since 1.2 has gotta say something.

Smoking meth is bad enough as it is. Smoking it out of tinfoil, however, is much, much worse. If you like the smell of burning aluminum and methamphetamine though, be my guest.
Forget the tin foil, get this guy some titanium.

Did I miss a release of sub numbers since 1.2. I'm here every day. How did I miss such huge news?

This has happened to me a couple times since launch. Nothing major here though. Sorry OP.
Stop exploding you cowards!