Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help, experience companion combat issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Help, experience companion combat issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Doublecard
05.03.2012 , 05:32 PM | #1
The past 3-4 days, I've been experiencing some issues in combat with my companions that I've never had beforehand. It's been happening sporadically, and at times doesn't stop once it starts. This is what's been happening;

So, I engage a mob, fight, kill them, and the battle is over. I know this because when they're all dead, I'm no longer red, and there are no red marked enemies on my map. But my companion thinks otherwise, and runs off and attacks the next nearest mob before I can stop him. It's happened to me enough times to know that I am OUT of combat at the time and the mob he's running to IS NOT engaged or in range to attack us. This has happened with ranged companions, melee companions, and healer companions. It's not limited to one but both character's I've been playing this week. I asked in /general chat if this was happening to anyone else, and there were some mentioning the same problems. There was a time where Andronikos kept attacking one mob after the next, and then another and ANOTHER and I had to force him passive and barely cleared out all the attention he brought. I was immediately unhappy and summoned Khem, only to see him do the same thing.

Please help me figure out what's going on

Ogada
05.03.2012 , 05:49 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Doublecard,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you haven't already done so, I would ask that you submit a bug report.

You are currently able to submit bug reports in one of two ways, information on how to do this can be found in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

Thanks
Ogada | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Doublecard
05.03.2012 , 06:00 PM | #3
I haven't submitted tickets often, so I'm rather new at the process. I did for this bug and it went along fine. I got a response asking for more detail. I realized only until after I was done that I hit "create ticket" instead of "update ticket," and I guess that was a mistake, as I sent the "create ticket." The first ticket was concerned with what I mentioned. The second replied that all was well and in the programing. I'm guessing by my mistake that the person who responded to my second ticket probably didn't see the first? Otherwise, I can't quite agree that this is not a bug. I posted on these threads because I figured communication is a bit easier here then in-game.

Ogada
05.03.2012 , 06:19 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again Doublecard,

Your tickets are all tied to your account so the agents will be able to see that they follow on from each other

Thank you for the report.
Ogada | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

DecanAndersen
05.03.2012 , 06:25 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ogada View Post
Hi again Doublecard,

Your tickets are all tied to your account so the agents will be able to see that they follow on from each other

Thank you for the report.
So its normal for some companions to go crazy and attack everything?
I have never tried that with any of mine.
<> The Red Eclipse <>
<> Décan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Shadow <>
<> Decan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Sentinel <>
<> Décán <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Guardian <>

Rookrwoor
05.05.2012 , 08:35 AM | #6
I've had similar companion issues, some times they even just stand there and do nothing when I engage a mob even after I click their attack button, other times they attack mobs they shouldn't, I've submitted reports and never received responses.
Eat more Soylent Green.

Rookrwoor
05.05.2012 , 08:44 AM | #7
ignore, double posted for some reason.
Eat more Soylent Green.

Colow_Leper
05.05.2012 , 08:55 AM | #8
Mine have started attacking mobs that I've CCed too.
Didn't we just leave this party?