Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Breath of fresh air ARTICLE: Why I Play SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Breath of fresh air ARTICLE: Why I Play SWTOR

Dezzi
05.02.2012 , 03:36 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JediElf View Post
If you guys don't like the game....when why are you here?

I'm not being snarky, I'm being genuine. Why pay for something you guys seem to hate so much?
I don't hate the game. Lots of people posting criticism don't hate the game. I think a lot of confusion is that people seem to lump criticism or suggestions for improvement with hate. Of course one doesn't require the other; some people genuinely care about the direction of the game and their place in it. There's also a lot of disenfranchisement to go around by people who feel like the game didn't live up to the expectation (we can debate about those expectations another time).
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.

JeramieCrowe
05.02.2012 , 03:43 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Dezzi View Post
I don't hate the game. Lots of people posting criticism don't hate the game. I think a lot of confusion is that people seem to lump criticism or suggestions for improvement with hate. Of course one doesn't require the other; some people genuinely care about the direction of the game and their place in it. There's also a lot of disenfranchisement to go around by people who feel like the game didn't live up to the expectation (we can debate about those expectations another time).
Eh, even now I'm suggesting and offering criticism on Expertise without using words like "fail" or "dying" or generally just spewing insults at BioWare.

The difference is huge, and it's rare that someone will call a good, constructively critical post a "QQ".
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Kainne
05.02.2012 , 03:43 PM | #23
If you guys don't like the game....when why are you here?

I'm not being snarky, I'm being genuine. Why pay for something you guys seem to hate so much?
Some of us dont hate it but are very unhappy with crap performance
load times that are ridiculous
poor combat (how many times do you gotta hit the key to make the skill work really)
poor fps (even when your system is well above specs and nowadays its not mentioned period by managment)
empty servers!
and plenty of fanbois who say stuff like"just leave" that time is coming and the servers will be even deader shades of SWG returning down to less then a dozen servers worldwide and a year or less before f2p- or worse.

JeramieCrowe
05.02.2012 , 03:44 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by RolyartNala View Post
Much as I love Elder Scrolls, pass. I've had my fill of elves and orcs.
As much as I agree about the disdain for that genre, one thing they're already doing right, as pointed out in that article, is that the game will have 3 factions.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Dezzi
05.02.2012 , 03:45 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
As much as I agree about the disdain for that genre, one thing they're already doing right, as pointed out in that article, is that the game will have 3 factions.
This is off-topic, but I found GW2's lack of factions extremely refreshing. I'm not at all convinced that factions are a good idea anymore.
Ebon Hawk (RP)

JediElf
05.02.2012 , 03:46 PM | #26
I don't hate the game. Lots of people posting criticism don't hate the game. I think a lot of confusion is that people seem to lump criticism or suggestions for improvement with hate. Of course one doesn't require the other.
Constructive criticism is all well and good, and people have every right to be displeased if they truly are. However that's really not what going on here.

What bugs me, is this concerted effort drag the game, and the forums, down with wave after wave of doom, gloom, and a snarky dismissive anger directed at anyone who 'dares' to admit that they are enjoying the game as it is now.

It's barely constructive, and really leads one to question why the 'haters' are still here.

Let me put it to you this way. I don't like Rift, I tried it during beta but later got very disappointed and angry at the direction of the game.

What I didn't do, was pay for a subscription and proceed to lambaste the game, the devs, and it's fans. I simply made my displeasure known, constructively, in the exit sub box and quietly let my subscription run out.

I personally enjoy this game, if you do not, then why waist the time here?
Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!

JeramieCrowe
05.02.2012 , 03:46 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kainne View Post
that time is coming and the servers will be even deader shades of SWG returning down to less then a dozen servers worldwide and a year or less before f2p- or worse.
This is the kind of baseless, unconstructive stuff I'm talking about... Even EQ2 isn't F2P, and they have one-fourth or less the subs TOR has...

Dezzi
05.02.2012 , 03:47 PM | #28
Constructive criticism is all well and good, and people have every right to be displeased if they truly are. However that's really not what going on here.

What bugs me, is this concerted effort drag the game, and the forums, down with wave after wave of doom, gloom, and a snarky dismissive anger directed at anyone who 'dares' to admit that they are enjoying the game as it is now.

It's barely constructive, and really leads one to question why the 'haters' are still here.

Let me put it to you this way. I don't like Rift, I tried it during beta but later got very disappointed and angry at the direction of the game.

What I didn't do, was pay for a subscription and proceed to lambaste the game, the devs, and it's fans. I simply made my displeasure known, constructively, in the exit sub box and quietly let my subscription run out.

I personally enjoy this game, if you do not, then why waist the time here?
Because you can enjoy the game without being perfectly content with it. That's where you seem to be confused.
Ebon Hawk (RP)

JediElf
05.02.2012 , 03:52 PM | #29
Because you can enjoy the game without being perfectly content with it. That's where you seem to be confused.
No i get that, what I don't 'get' is a the baseless hate for this game.
Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!

Dezzi
05.02.2012 , 03:56 PM | #30
No i get that, what I don't 'get' is a the baseless hate for this game.
It's not baseless and it's not all "hate."

A player complaining that their server is dead is experiencing a real, tangible issue. You may not personally experience this problem for any number of reasons, but it doesn't invalidate the other player's concerns, nor should it immediately qualify them as a "hater" from bringing to the attention of the forum community.

This mentality can and should be applied to any criticism brought to the forum.
Ebon Hawk (RP)