Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Breath of fresh air ARTICLE: Why I Play SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Breath of fresh air ARTICLE: Why I Play SWTOR

Dezzi
05.02.2012 , 03:15 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by run_hello View Post
Guys? Guys, where are you going? Hey our game's still cool! Look, this website says it's cool and you all like websites right? Wait, come back!
That's not fair at all. Every developer I know of uses positive feedback and critiques from major gaming news groups as advertisement. BioWare is no different. They're more than allowed to share this and pass it forward to the public.
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.

JeramieCrowe
05.02.2012 , 03:18 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Yeah, not remotely interested, personally, in either one of those.

Although, I am curious what AAA MMO ZeniMAX (Bethesda Softworks) is currently working on...
Oh, looks like it's an Elder Scrolls MMO. *sigh* Yet another Tolkien-like fantasy MMO, anyone?
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

kevlarto
05.02.2012 , 03:19 PM | #13
Of course they were. Being a "hater" is the new cool or something...
yea, and if the hater knew what it really made them look like, it is far from cool

Good read, people play all kinds of games for all kinds of reasons, allot people just need to get the point not everyone thinks like they do... I enjoy many types of games, othe than mmo's, I play what I like and enjoy, I don't care what the sayers of doom have to say or the haters says, I don't even care what the extreme fanboi says.. when it comes down to it I alone choose my game, don't care about reviews, and so called game experts, which I am sure I have more gaming under my belt, than these so called game guru's.. When if ever games are no longer fun I will move on to some other hobby.
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering

RolyartNala
05.02.2012 , 03:20 PM | #14
Oh, looks like it's an Elder Scrolls MMO. *sigh* Yet another Tolkien-like fantasy MMO, anyone?
Much as I love Elder Scrolls, pass. I've had my fill of elves and orcs.
The Xoon Legacy
PRESTER 55 Gunslinger | VESKO 50 Commando | ODU 56 Jedi Shadow | SUU-THA 55 Jedi Guardian

run_hello
05.02.2012 , 03:21 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Dezzi View Post
That's not fair at all. Every developer I know of uses positive feedback and critiques from major gaming news groups as advertisement. BioWare is no different. They're more than allowed to share this or pass it forward to the public.
But the author sounds so damn desperate you just want to give him a hug by the end of it.

I want to send him a poster of the kitten hanging from a tree captioned "Hang In There".

JeramieCrowe
05.02.2012 , 03:29 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by RolyartNala View Post
Much as I love Elder Scrolls, pass. I've had my fill of elves and orcs.
Same. I actually thought it was going to be a Fallout MMO since Bethesda just bought the rights back.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

JediElf
05.02.2012 , 03:31 PM | #17
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05...-old-republic/

A breath of fresh air in this cesspool of negativity. Good article.
Indeed. It's refreshing to read something positive, about this game.

That article made me smile.
Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!

Neloth
05.02.2012 , 03:32 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by run_hello View Post
But the author sounds so damn desperate you just want to give him a hug by the end of it.

I want to send him a poster of the kitten hanging from a tree captioned "Hang In There".
Here's one for ya "haters chasing!"

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. ~Bill Cosby

JeramieCrowe
05.02.2012 , 03:33 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Neloth View Post
Nice.

JediElf
05.02.2012 , 03:35 PM | #20
If you guys don't like the game....when why are you here?

I'm not being snarky, I'm being genuine. Why pay for something you guys seem to hate so much?
Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!